A society were people aren’t responsible for themselves or their actions

davidlee

Oct 7, 2012
We now live in a society where people aren’t responsible for themselves or their actions. We live in a culture were the attitude is that Federal Government is there to take care of us. A high percentage of people believe that welfare and food stamps are the right way to live.

These people believe that this is the way life is and it’s owed to them. I want people to understand and recognize that I didn’t mention Medicare or Social Security for a reason. These two things are true entitlements these two programs are paid into by the American people when they work. My point is people economically would rather have the Government be responsible for them they be responsible for themselves

This past weekend Bob Costas spoke at halftime of a Football game about a murder that took place with the pro Football team 5the Kansas City Chiefs. The story is about a player on the Chiefs who had a fight and killed his girlfriend and himself with a gun.
Mr. Costas stated that if the Chiefs player didn’t have a gun the Chiefs player and his girlfriend would be alive. This started a controversy that helps promote my point. Bob Costas statements tell me that his opinion is that the gun killed these people not the person who fired it. This was a tragic and unfortunate situation

Also this past weekend in a tragic accident a Dallas Cowboy Football player was in a traffic Accident and killed a fellow teammate the driver was drunk. This was a tragic accident. If you take Mr. Costas point of view alcohol should be illegal because a man killed somebody driving drunk. Which we all know not be true

My point is that people are responsible for themselves economically it is not the federal Government job to finance America. Just like the gun and alcohol didn’t kill those people. People killed those people. It is time for American citizens to stop looking for excuses for their actions or their lack of action. We as living people are responsible for our actions and lack of actions.

Forum List

Back