A snake on the capitol dome

You keep claiming hypocrisy because people won't say the Bush administration letting energy industry officials write bills is the same as the Apollo Alliance lobbying for certain provisions to be included. If you felt those two things were different, you wouldn't be running around calling people hypocrites for refusing to say they are the same thing.

As partisanship is hypocrisy, I agree. Those who find nothing wrong with this subject influence couldn't stop complaining when different influences occurred on previous bills. Hypocrites hate having their hypocrisy exposed.

And in comes Si, who's such a water carrier for the Republicans that he can't tell the difference between a group lobbying for provisions and a group writing the bill.
I would ask you to support that allegation about what you think I know or don't, but I have yet to see you support a thing.

Perhaps you can stun everyone and actually support an assertion of yours. As you won't have to look to far for my words, this task should not tax you too much.

:eusa_whistle:

You keep claiming hypocrisy because people won't say the Bush administration letting energy industry officials write bills is the same as the Apollo Alliance lobbying for certain provisions to be included. If you felt those two things were different, you wouldn't be running around calling people hypocrites for refusing to say they are the same thing.
And you keep saying Alliance only had influence on the writing of the bill; yet you have nothing to support that except your typed words. A monkey can type words.

I want information yet you are so resistant to providing any. I would wonder why, but I have a good idea why.

And now, you don't provide ANY support for your allegations about what I know or don't know.

No surprise there, either. The simplicity of the concept of supporting information escapes you.

Last edited:
If you would have read the thread, you would see that I've already provided evidence for my statement.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1561716-post17.html

You keep claiming to want information, and yet, you haven't asked the OP to support his claim that the Apollo Alliance wrote the bill. He hasn't provided any evidence of it, so why have you failed to ask him to back up his statement?

As for statements about what you know, that's pretty clear from your posts. You've repeated called the Apollo Alliance's involvement in this bill the same as the oil industry's involvement in energy bills during the Bush administration. You've never made this claim directly, but it's the logical implication of your claim that anyone who doesn't condemn both is a hypocrite. For someone to be a hypocrite for not condemning both, they'd need to be the same.

Last edited:
If you would have read the thread, you would see that I've already provided evidence for my statement.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1561716-post17.html ....
Your claim - now pay attention to the emphasized word - is that AA only influenced this bill. The quote, "The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them", does not support that. In your mind, it does.

.... You keep claiming to want information, and yet, you haven't asked the OP to support his claim that the Apollo Alliance wrote the bill. He hasn't provided any evidence of it, so why have you failed to ask him to back up his statement?

As for statements about what you know, that's pretty clear from your posts. You've repeated called the Apollo Alliance's involvement in this bill the same as the oil industry's involvement in energy bills during the Bush administration. You've never made this claim directly, but it's the logical implication of your claim that anyone who doesn't condemn both is a hypocrite. For someone to be a hypocrite for not condemning both, they'd need to be the same.
A few additional points: 1. I am not the topic, nor is what you think of my person. 2. Read: Argumentum ad Hominem 3. Read: Argumentum ad Ignoratiam

Such dishonest brokers of discussion as you bore me.

The only dishonest one here is you. You have yet to ask to the OP to source his claim, yet hound me for a source even after one has already been provided. The comprehension problem is on your end. "Develop ... a strategy" is saying that they helped to shape the bill. That's not saying they wrote it. If you want to keep claiming they wrote it, that's fine, but you should provide evidence to support that claim. You've yet to do so.

Last edited:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1561716-post17.html

You keep claiming to want information, and yet, you haven't asked the OP to support his claim that the Apollo Alliance wrote the bill. He hasn't provided any evidence of it, so why have you failed to ask him to back up his statement?

Very interesting. Your "link" shows a statement by Apollo Alliance and Reid claiming they provided the "guidance". It's poli-speak and really doesn't prove your point one way or the other. In this instance it could mean they sat on the sidelines and just advised or they wrote 98% of it which was used as "guidance".
Try to provide something a little more substancial and a little more credible.

To requote our resident lobbyist:

Holy Jesus people are dumber than hell. Interest Groups write bills all the time. Some go through, some don't. Google "model legislation" and watch the 4.4 million hits come up. Most groups offer model legislation in order to help their cause. Many congressmen will take bit and parts of the bills and alter them to their needs and introduce them.

This is something the left and the right have done since the beginning of time. This could be the least scary thing I've ever heard.

To requote our resident lobbyist:

Holy Jesus people are dumber than hell. Interest Groups write bills all the time. Some go through, some don't. Google "model legislation" and watch the 4.4 million hits come up. Most groups offer model legislation in order to help their cause. Many congressmen will take bit and parts of the bills and alter them to their needs and introduce them.

This is something the left and the right have done since the beginning of time. This could be the least scary thing I've ever heard.

Exactly my point.
Thanks

After reading through most (not all) of this thread, I think a larger issue is at stake than who actually pens the words on the legislation. Congressional or Presidential staffers and lobbyists have long written all or portions of bills that become our laws. Why? Because we elect leaders without the skills or knowledge to do so, and those staffers and the lobbyists are the ones with the expertise.

The larger issue is what do our elected leaders--you know, those people responsible for the final vote--actually read of those bills and how much do they understand what they are voting on? How much do they care beyond whatever portion enriches them personally or enhances their power, prestige, and re-electability?

The Democrats, for instance, have so far rejected every single amendment presented that would require the mammoth healthcare reform bill to be posted for inspection by the people for 72 hours before the final vote. The chances that any of those voting will have actually read the legislation or can competently recite what is in it is almost nil.

Viva la tea partiers and those angry tax protesters marching on Washington, They are our only hope to reform the Congress so that they actually do their jobs and competently represent us again.

No more botox for pelosi and her ketchup nutcase friend, terry heinz!!! That would be real punshiment for the ugly hags!!! Liveshot kerry hasen't done one phucking thing right in his life except being a candy azz gigolo for wealthy old broads!! Lol

Forum List

Back