A snake on the capitol dome

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Who is really writing the bills for Congress? This is an excerpt from an article 9/27 by Fred Hutchison:

According to Glenn Beck, The Apollo Alliance wrote the stimulus bill and possibly wrote the 1,000 + page medical bill. Apollo is a subsidiary of the leftist Tides Foundation. Whoever controls Tides controls Apollo. Whoever controls Apollo writes our legislation. Who is in control of Tides? It might be George Soros and it might be Theresa Heinz Kerry. Soros gave $3 million to Tides. Mrs. Kerry gave $4 million.

The blogosphere is not in agreement about Whether Soros or Mrs. Kerry controls Tides. Soros used to be on the board of Tides. Mrs. Kerry is involved with Nancy Pelosi in real estate ventures in San Francisco. Pelosi lives in San Francisco and Tides is located there. Pelosi, as Speaker of the House can farm bills out to Apollo. Soros gave a lot of money to the presidential campaign of Mrs. Kerry's husband when he ran for president.

Well, the control of the Apollo Alliance to write our legislation according to a left-wing agenda could be in the hands of a conspiracy of a small number of rich left wingers, or it could be in the hands of either Soros or Mrs. Kerry. Since Apollo was founded by Wade Rathke, the father of the corrupt ACORN, and Van Jones, the professing communist who was a czar of Obama, and resigned in disgrace, there is no limit to the games that sly individuals of the far left can play with Apollo.

Is this still a Democracy?

Readers, I ask you, if unelected and unidentified individuals are secretly writing our legislation is this still a Democracy? Is there a connection between the end of our democracy and the beginning of the tea parties? Do the people have an intuition or public sense of smell that they are no longer under the Republic, but are now under new masters? After all, the first tea party and the writing of the stimulus bill by Apollo are reasonably close in time. Do the people sense that there is a giant snake on the capitol dome?

A snake on the capitol dome

Achievements

In 2009, the Apollo Alliance marked these achievements:
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
In February 2009 Congress approved and President Barack Obama signed the breakthrough clean energy and green-collar jobs provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The $787 billion stimulus legislation that President Obama signed in a Denver museum partially powered by a rooftop solar array contains $86 billion in clean energy and green-collar job programs, plus $27.5 billion in road and highway construction funds, much of which state transportation departments will use to repair infrastructure and not on building new highways.

As Apollo noted since the package was introduced on January 15, the provisions that formed a big part of the foundation of the stimulus was funding to build new transit and high speed rail lines, weatherize homes, develop next generation batteries for clean vehicles, scale up wind and solar power, build a modern electric grid, and train a new generation of green-collar workers. In every way, the clean energy provisions of the stimulus bill are a surpassing achievement.

The magnitude of the investment and the bill’s comprehensive sweep reflect the unleashing of a pent-up demand for a new way to power and employ America — $17.7 billion for rail development, $34 billion for energy efficiency, $7.9 billion for renewable energy, $10.9 billion for a smart electric grid, $3.3 billion for next generation batteries and alternative fuel vehicles, $4.5 billion for energy research. The clean energy focus of the stimulus was inspired by the Apollo Alliance’s vision, and the specific content of many of the bill’s provisions was influenced by policy proposals that the Apollo Alliance made last year in The New Apollo Program and the Apollo Economic Recovery Act.

“The recovery bill represents the focused work of labor, business, environmental and social justice organizations who developed a clear strategy about where the nation needed to go, and worked together to achieve it,” said Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and chairman of the Apollo Alliance. As Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, noted in a statement. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”

Achievements : Apollo Alliance

A group that lobbies for investment in clean energy. The horror! The horror!

And how would you view this if a group that lobbies for more drilling wrote the bill?

Two points.

1. That's already had that happen. Energy policy during the Bush administration was written by oil companies.
2. Other than the ranting from the depths of Beck's diseased mind, there is no evidence to support his claim that the bill was written by a third party.

Last edited:

And how would you view this if a group that lobbies for more drilling wrote the bill?

Already had that happen. Energy policy during the Bush administration was written by oil companies.
And, how did you view that?

I'm trying to demonstrate the power of objectivity over subjectivity when analyzing a situation, if you care to know why I'm asking.

Big difference between a group talking to elected officials and saying what they'd like to see in a bill (as was the case with the bill in question in this thread) and a group being given the reigns to write the bill themselves.

Big difference between a group talking to elected officials and saying what they'd like to see in a bill (as was the case with the bill in question in this thread) and a group being given the reigns to write the bill themselves.
You still haven't answered my question.

And, according to the OP, it wasn't just talking, as you assert. If you have a source to support your assertion that it was just groups talking, then provide that rebutting support.

And, according to the OP, it wasn't just talking, as you assert. If you have a source to support your assertion that it was just groups talking, then provide that rebutting support.

I haven't answered your question because it isn't relevant. You're comparing apples and sledgehammers. Also, the burden of proof isn't on me. The burden of proof is on those making claims.

I haven't answered your question because it isn't relevant. You're comparing apples and sledgehammers. Also, the burden of proof isn't on me. The burden of proof is on those making claims.
You're quite confused now. YOU are the one who has made the claim that there was 'just talking among groups' in this stimulus bill, rather than being written. YOUR assertion; YOUR responsibility to support.

And, the only difference in my hypothetical question is the motivation of the group. In this real situation, the OP provides support that the stimulus bill was written by some group (call them A, for now). The OP has already provided supporting information for the claim that it was written by group A.

If group A is a green intiative group, you say sarcastically, "Oh, the horror!"

If group A is a pro-drilling group who wrote this bill (hypothetical situation with the only difference is the motivation of the group - red delicious and fuji apples), how would you view that?

You're spinning your wheels right now and are going to get stuck in that lot of dismissable dishonest partisans.

Last edited:

You're quite confused now. YOU are the one who has made the claim that there was 'just talking among groups' in this stimulus bill, rather than being written. YOUR assertion; YOUR responsibility to support.

False. The claim was made by the OP when he stated that Apollo Alliance wrote the bill.

And, the only difference in my hypothetical question is the motivation of the group. In this real situation, the OP provides support that the stimulus bill was written by some group (call them A, for now). The OP has already provided supporting information for the claim that it was written by group A.

If group b is a pro-drilling group who wrote this bill (hypothetical situation), how would you view that.

You're spinning your wheels right now and are going to get stuck in that lot of dismissable dishonest partisans.

Small problem: The OP doesn't provide any support for his claim.

False. The claim was made by the OP when he stated that Apollo Alliance wrote the bill. ....
Bullshit.

Support YOUR assertion that this bill was not written by that group - that it was just some groups talking.

If group b is a pro-drilling group who wrote this bill (hypothetical situation), how would you view that.

Small problem: The OP doesn't provide any support for his claim.
Bullshit.
.... Apollo Alliance wrote the stimulus bill ....

All that you've done in your bullshit rebuttals is type cheap words with nothing at all to support your rebuttals.

As such, your rebuttals stand as bullshit until YOU provide something to support them.

Now, the question needs answered.

So far, you've dodged (fallacy), you've shifted the burden of proof (fallacy), and you've done nothing but type (cheap talk and fallacy).

Partisans, when they show their true colors, are too damn easy.

And here I was under the impression that you actually wanted to get some objectivity. LOL. As PT Barnum says, there's one born every minute.

How very dismissable you've become. You earned it.

Last edited:
Funny how you quote that will chopping the first part ("According to Glenn Beck"). Are claims by Beck now gospel truth? You want to accuse me of faulty logic, but the it is you and the OP who are engaging in faulty logic by claiming that since Glenn Beck says something, it must be true.

Funny how you quote that will chopping the first part ("According to Glenn Beck"). Are claims by Beck now gospel truth? You want to accuse me of faulty logic, but the it is you and the OP who are engaging in faulty logic by claiming that since Glenn Beck says something, it must be true.
It doesn't matter. That is better than NO supporting information from you.

Your typed words mean less than that at this point. You bring somthing to the table, then and only then can your move onto questioning sources.

But, I may just post the two recent times where I've asked you for sources, and the deafening sounds of crickets were all that followed. This would further expose your lack of interest in an honest discussion.

I am convinced that you have no education whatsoever in critical thought. If you do, then your dishonesty is further exposed.

Get a primer on critical thought and get a good look at your own impotence in debate.

Last edited:
You guys are the one making a claim (that the bill was written by the Apollo Alliance. The burden of proof is on you to support that claim. Despite your assertions to the contrary, no evidence has been provided to support that claim.

The clean energy focus of the stimulus was inspired by the Apollo Alliance’s vision, and the specific content of many of the bill’s provisions was influenced by policy proposals that the Apollo Alliance made last year in The New Apollo Program and the Apollo Economic Recovery Act. “The recovery bill represents the focused work of labor, business, environmental and social justice organizations who developed a clear strategy about where the nation needed to go, and worked together to achieve it,” said Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and chairman of the Apollo Alliance. As Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, noted in a statement. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”

Achievements : Apollo Alliance

There is from the Apollo Alliance's statement on the bill.

Yanno, people writing bills is not all that unusual. Allegedly, the Baucus bill was written by a Wellpoint former exec. But at any rate, it doesn't matter who writes what, it matters who votes for it.

What do you think they did with Cheney on the energy bill?

Oh, that's different. They really care for America..:lol:

Si modo said:

What do you think they did with Cheney on the energy bill?

Oh, that's different. They really care for America..:lol:
Not different to me. If one opposed that, then if they are not hypocritical, they will oppose the same sort of participation in this bill. That is, of course, if they are not hypocrits.

The hypocrits in this matter are easy to spot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back