A slap in the face to America's biggest ally

luckystrike

Rookie
May 25, 2011

Illinois lawmakers want Obama to ease Polish travel to U.S.

As President Obama lands in Warsaw Friday, Poles and Polish-Americans will be watching to see if he delivers on a pledge to lift restrictions on Polish travel to the United States.

Almost alone among European countries, Poland has not yet been admitted to the United States’ visa waiver program.

So while most Europeans need only book a flight, Poles must go through a long paperwork ordeal to apply for a visa.

“It’s bizarrely unfair,” said Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Chicago).

“This is the best way for the president to repair the very damaged relations between our countries,” said Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.). “All eyes will be watching the president in Warsaw.”

Read more:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation...akers-want-obama-to-ease-polish-travel-to-u.s.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This had been going on for years.

Imagine a country who actually sends troops to fight alongside Americans in Iraq gets this insulting treatment but Mexicans gets royal treatment for invading the United States although the cowards have not sent one soldier to the middle east.

That's odd.

I wonder why that is the case?

No seriously, it doesn't make any sense that I can imagine.

Maybe Germany wants to invade Poland again. It could happen.

It could, but God forbid. I didn't know Poles were put to task to get into the US. Doesn't it strike anyone odd that Obama wants to ditch the defense missal sites in Poland to appease Russia and yet there's no easy way for Poles to get into the US?

Forum List

Back