A simple Republican way to create 20 million jobs

5*) make Federal debt illegal?.... I like the idea, but insane.

Newt's Balanced Budget Amendment passed the House and failed in the Senate by one vote.

If it had passed today our debt would be $0 rather than $16 trillion!!

Newt is destined for sainthood if only for that!!

Tariffs are the opposite of free trade, you can't create free trade by imposing tariffs.

please reread for comprehension a 5th time. Smith's theory was that a temporary tariff on, say, China's goods would encourge them to open their borders to our goods thus creating free trade.

Was that easy enough for you?
That's pure bullshit, and has never worked before.

Here is a quote from the link I posted for you earlier in this thread that obviously went completely over your head!

CON$ are 100% ignorant of the most basic economic principles!!!

Another factor in abridging free trade, however, is the "retaliatory" tariff, which raises barriers against the trade of foreign nations just because they use protective tariffs themselves. From this point of view, free trade is seen as good, but practicing it against a non-free trading partner puts one at a disadvantage. This is so appealing an argument that it seems to have been accepted by Thomas Jefferson and even by Adam Smith himself. However, it makes the same mistake as all other "feudal tenure" arguments. If "protective" tariffs actually damage one's own consumers, then such a tariff is a self-inflicted wound. And then -- as has been pointed out by the economist Walter Williams -- a "retaliatory" tariff means that one's own nation "retaliates" against another one damaging its consumers by damaging one's own consumers in turn. Thus, we say, "You've hurt yourself, so in retaliation I'm going to hurt myself also." In ordinary life this would be deeply idiotic behavior.

That's pure bullshit, and has never worked before.

dear, you were talking about whether it was Smith's position, not whether it worked!! You're trying to change the subject. Did you fool yourself??

Here is a quote from the link I posted for you earlier in this thread that obviously went completely over your head!

if so why be so afraid to say exactly what went over my head?? What does your fear tell you?
Damn, you are blind as well as ignorant.

Newt's Balanced Budget Amendment passed the House and failed in the Senate by one vote.

Bullshit, as it had exceptions for times of war, national emergency, or recession, or allow the legislature to suspend the rule by a supermajority vote.

CON$ are 100% ignorant of history!

had exceptions for times of war, national emergency, or recession, or allow the legislature to suspend the rule by a supermajority vote.

any exceptions had to approved by a supermajority in Congress. Its doubtful they would have been approved. Even if they had it would have been for only a short time so debt would still be tiny compared to $16 trillion.

Most importantly, since Jefferson founded the Party 100% of the energy for responsible fiscal policy has been Republican.

What are Democrats even doing in this country?

Bullshit, as it had exceptions for times of war, national emergency, or recession, or allow the legislature to suspend the rule by a supermajority vote.

Damn, you are blind as well as ignorant.

translation: as a liberal I lost another debate so I'll turn to personal attack to show what strong character I have.
Translation: As a mindless CON$ervative who can't deny the exceptions, I'll attack him for dishing back to me what I dish out but can't take.

Translation: As a mindless CON$ervative who can't deny the exceptions, I'll attack him for dishing back to me what I dish out but can't take.

why on earth would I want to deny the exceptions?????????since they have been a part of every BBA since Jefferson??

had exceptions for times of war, national emergency, or recession, or allow the legislature to suspend the rule by a supermajority vote.

any exceptions had to approved by a supermajority in Congress. Its doubtful they would have been approved. Even if they had it would have been for only a short time so debt would still be tiny compared to $16 trillion.

Most importantly, since Jefferson founded the Party 100% of the energy for responsible fiscal policy has been Republican.

What are Democrats even doing in this country?
No, only suspending the rule for non-emergencies needed a super majority, and both Parties are big spenders so even that wouldn't be a problem.

And Jefferson didn't found the GOP. You were already corrected in another thread you started with that false claim which you ran away from when you welshed on your $10,000 bet.

why on earth would I want to deny the exceptions?????????since they have been a part of every BBA since Jefferson??
You have to deny the exceptions in order to make your moronic claim that the debt would be $0 after 2 wars, Katrina, Bush allowing 9/11, and the Bush depression.

Last edited:
No, only suspending the rule for non-emergencies needed a super majority, and both Parties are big spenders so even that wouldn't be a problem.

if both are big spenders than why don't Democrats introduce even one BBA. Republicans have introduced 30 in 200 years. Isn't thinking fun??

And Jefferson didn't found the GOP. .

I didn't say he did. I said he founded the Republican party in 1791 to stand for freedom and liberty from big liberal government. It became the dominant ideology until the communist inspired New Deal
This is why we don't think of liberalism as American. It is more soviet which explains why liberals spied for Stalin.

Forum List

Back