A simple question:

Do you believe the Health Care Reform Bill will be passed into law by Congress?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No.

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It better. I'm so sick of these weeny Democrats and obstructionist Republicans. These people are just wasting our tax dollars and getting NOTHING done. Time to pass the bill and move on to the next issue. People need health insurance companies to stop denying them treatment when they are sick and to stop denying them coverage when they have a pre-existing condition.

Pass the bill and then amend with the public option and vote it into law in reconciliation. Just do it.

If the weenie democrats put as much effort on job creation as they have with this healthcare bill, the unemployment rate would be around 6% right now. Go figure....

It better. I'm so sick of these weeny Democrats and obstructionist Republicans. These people are just wasting our tax dollars and getting NOTHING done. Time to pass the bill and move on to the next issue. People need health insurance companies to stop denying them treatment when they are sick and to stop denying them coverage when they have a pre-existing condition.

Pass the bill and then amend with the public option and vote it into law in reconciliation. Just do it.

If the weenie democrats put as much effort on job creation as they have with this healthcare bill, the unemployment rate would be around 6% right now. Go figure....

Actually if they put the same quality of effort into it the unemployment rate would be about 30%.

I voted no based on a gut feeling that if the votes were there for it, both Pelosi and Reid would be more visible than they have been this past week, and Obama wouldn't be out shilling for it as hard as he is. Lately nothing much of any importance that he has gotten personally active in and really shilled for has succeeded. (Which I think pretty well verifies that he has squandered most of any political capital he had and doesn't have much clout with anybody these days.)

I could be easily wrong, but I am hopeful.

Last edited:
I voted no based on a gut feeling that if the votes were there for it, both Pelosi and Reid would be more visible than they have been this past week, and Obama wouldn't be out shilling for it as hard as he is. Lately nothing much of any importance that he has gotten personally active in and really shilled for has succeeded. (Which I think pretty well verifies that he has squandered most of any political capital he had and doesn't have much clout with anybody these days.)

I could be easily wrong, but I am hopeful.

Headline on Yahoo.news today was Obama pushes Democrats saying "Trust me".
When he has t resort to that he's lower than snake shit.

Actually if they put the same quality of effort into it the unemployment rate would be about 30%.

I was hoping that the effort would have had some quality, or it wouldn't be an effort.

:lol:

No. BO can give all the pep talks he wants, but nobody's gonna take a knife for him. Not even his own gang.

We don't know what threats are being made. I don't think he can bribe anyone to vote for the bill - but what dirt have his creepy operatives dug up on the House Dems to blackmail them into voting?

It's a very unseemly business.

Despite that looking like it belongs in the conspiracy theory forum, your observation is not invalid. The Speaker has all kinds of ammunition to use against those presumed to be in safe seats such as: you vote no on this and you'll be a junior member of the least influential and most boring house committees, you won't receive any opportunity to get in front of a microphone, and your state won't have another earmark approved in the next decade. She'll put it a bit more diplomatically than that, of course, but they'll get her drift.

And with the Louisiana purchase and the Nebraska scam, we are seeing that the most respected Senators can be bought too.

I still go back to my steady mantra: As long as the Federal government is given power to increase their own power, prestige, personal wealth, and political longegivity by using the people's money to grant or withhold favors, we will see this kind of graft and corruption in everything they do.

Forum List

Back