A simple question:

Do you believe the Health Care Reform Bill will be passed into law by Congress?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No.

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Do you believe that the Health Care Reform Bill will be passed into law by Congress? Please take the poll.

The Obama administration has doubled down on making sure this Obamanation passes. I fear that there is a great deal of arm twisting, threats, and blackmail going on to make sure Pelosi gets a bare majority to support the Senate Bill.

I hope I'm wrong.

Nope. It will die of its own internal contradictions and disagreements.
If it could have passed it would have done so already. They have strong armed, fucked sucked and cajoled every member they possibly could.
Now after Scott Brown and what's happened to Ben Nelson people are running for the exits.

It will pass. All the dirty nasty backroom deals and all. and so goes "And liberty and justice for all." Yep,, Democrats the party of fuck you. I like that sig. line. It rings with truth.

It better. I'm so sick of these weeny Democrats and obstructionist Republicans. These people are just wasting our tax dollars and getting NOTHING done. Time to pass the bill and move on to the next issue. People need health insurance companies to stop denying them treatment when they are sick and to stop denying them coverage when they have a pre-existing condition.

Pass the bill and then amend with the public option and vote it into law in reconciliation. Just do it.

It better. I'm so sick of these weeny Democrats and obstructionist Republicans. These people are just wasting our tax dollars and getting NOTHING done. Time to pass the bill and move on to the next issue. People need health insurance companies to stop denying them treatment when they are sick and to stop denying them coverage when they have a pre-existing condition.

Pass the bill and then amend with the public option and vote it into law in reconciliation. Just do it.

Question.. How exactly did people survive before the era of "health insurance"? What did they do?

How are the Republicans being obstructionist? The Democrats control both Houses of Congress and can vote into law any bill they so desire with absolutely no Republican votes. Although none of the Republicans are supporting this bill, they can't stop it if the Democrats want to pass it.

If the dems do ram it thru in 2010, the GOP will campaign on throwing the dems out in 2010/2012 so they can kill it. It won't take effect until 2018, so the GOP could milk it for years.

No. BO can give all the pep talks he wants, but nobody's gonna take a knife for him. Not even his own gang.

We don't know what threats are being made. I don't think he can bribe anyone to vote for the bill - but what dirt have his creepy operatives dug up on the House Dems to blackmail them into voting?

It's a very unseemly business.

I think A) there is not enough support to push it through,
b) accepting goodies from the administration in support of it is toxic.
c) the support from most of the people who like it is at best "meh, I will take what I can get when I get it" The hatred of it is white hot, passionate and intense. Those who like it won't thank you for it, those who hate it will make your support of it cost you.

There is no upside for voting for it. There is a huge downside.
These people like their gigs. They like being there. They know if it fails there is no cost.

AARP and the unions tossed away their real influence years ago over the first medicare prescription drug benefit. The old folks where were supposedly so hot for it (according to AARP) hated it so passionately that it got repealed before it could pay out a dime. Several congressmen who thought they had sinecures suddenly became unemployed. Congress has not forgotten.

And voter anger has been building for a long time now. First TARP, then Cap and trade and now this.
It is going no where.

Yep, we'll go to sleep one night and wake up in the morning with an extremely painful rectum. We'll have been screwed in the middle of the night.

Immie

Last edited:

This debate has revealed two things:

1. People want healthcare reform.
2. This abortion is not what the people want.

The choice is not this bill or nothing. The choice is do we want something good to resolve the problems or do we want the pile of crap now because it's here?

The problems to resolve, as I understand the debate are these:

1. Affordability.
2. Accessability.
3. Life time coverage with a no-cut clause.

That took just a tad less than 2,711 pages. Whatever else is in this political attrocity is just plain theft and everyone, at least on some level, understands that.

Apply the K.I.S.S. rule and Keep It Simple, Stupid.

This debate has revealed two things:

1. People want healthcare reform.
2. This abortion is not what the people want.

The choice is not this bill or nothing. The choice is do we want something good to resolve the problems or do we want the pile of crap now because it's here?

The problems to resolve, as I understand the debate are these:

1. Affordability.
2. Accessability.
3. Life time coverage with a no-cut clause.

That took just a tad less than 2,711 pages. Whatever else is in this political attrocity is just plain theft and everyone, at least on some level, understands that.

Apply the K.I.S.S. rule and Keep It Simple, Stupid.

:clap2: :clap2:

Forum List

Back