A shitty night

That is the problem with all the "feeling" types. The heat of the moment is what counts, not the big picture. I am sorry you do not understand this Sarah, I really am. I am sure you have a good heart. But a good heart and the road to hell is paved with good intentions

All he's been talking about is the big picture. He said he was out with his brother and she blind sided him, it has happened in the past, he told her he would send her to jail next time. He also said he is actively looking for work, he has an interview this week and he also has money from unemployment and an inheritence.

What you said was completely random. Stop talking to me like I'm the unreasonable one, you are not thinking clearly here rather like a typical republican know it all.

Do you believe everything you read by a faceless poster on an anonymous forum, like the typical liberal? Sad. What about her side? You would not be a good juror. You have made up your mind before hearing both sides. I have not. I just think it is a bad idea to involve the Police. Now SS will be involved in their lives for months and maybe years to come.

He should have been a man and walked away, before she hit him a second time, if in fact she did.

At least I'm addressing what he has to say. You are making up stories about what you think might have happened, embellishing. Even if you heard her side, you would still make shit up about it because you think you know better.

It's just so commonplace, you have made up your mind about what occured between the two of them, I am talking about what he said happened.

And this isnt the first time shes hit me, more like the fourth.

Told her in one of our counseling sessions that if it happened again, I'd involve the police.

She knew what was coming when she bloodied my nose. No sympathy for her

Luissa's right - if you'd hit her and she posted this thread, it would be totally different. That isn't right.

Everybody has room for improvement, every single person who has posted in this thread can still be better than they are. Period.

That being said - being left at home with a baby while you're out drinking isn't a lot of fun on the mom's part. But no matter if you come home slightly tipsy or fall-on-your-face drunk - does not give her the right to hit you, anymore than you would have the right to hit her. Since when is it ok for a woman to do that kind of stuff? It's not. Still assault. Still a crime.

If this has happened more than once and you had told her during counselling that you would call the police next time, then IMO you handled that part of it well. You were man enough to keep your hands off her and not hit her back. Lots of men aren't.

If your little dude is the best, most important part of your life, you owe it to him to be the best dad you can possibly be. You brought him into this world - it is your pleasure and responsibility to help him live in it and give him the best overall (not talking money) life that you can. Focus on him and what you need to do to be a man and a dad that your father would be proud of. You can do it. :cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back