A sexy... SEXY New Car...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
The Pontiac Solstice...

Pontiac-Solstice-02-1024.jpg

Yep saw that it was one of the top 5 sexiest cars of 2006. The Mazda, I believe Miata was also on the list! :)

Kathianne said:
Yep saw that it was one of the top 5 sexiest cars of 2006. The Mazda, I believe Miata was also on the list! :)

I love this little "Poncho". It's not an all out hotrod in the sense that it doesn't have a massive engine with six thousand horse power, but hey, it has a dual over head cam four banger with plenty of zip, and it won't empty your wallet at the gas pump.

I think I might have to have one of those.

Pale Rider said:
I love this little "Poncho". It's not an all out hotrod in the sense that it doesn't have a massive engine with six thousand horse power, but hey, it has a dual over head cam four banger with plenty of zip, and it won't empty your wallet at the gas pump.

I think I might have to have one of those.

I came 'this close' to buying one. Problem is, only 2 seats. About 5 years away. I hope I can still get that close to the ground then. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
I came 'this close' to buying one. Problem is, only 2 seats. About 5 years away. I hope I can still get that close to the ground then. :laugh:

I'm afraid to even go 'look' at one. I'll end up torturing myself... :eek:

This car has nice lines, however it's still a Pontiac, and their inability to let that front grill not appear as it does on every other Pontiac makes me nauseous.

For once, it'd be nice to see a Pontiac that looks completely unlike a pontiac in all aspects. They almost got it with this one, almost.

I'd pay for this.. Not in that color red, but I'd pay for it..

Roadster (convertible) is already on showroom floors.

Also see: Saturn Sky.

Both are nice..but hard to be the S2000.

The ClayTaurus said:
This car has nice lines, however it's still a Pontiac, and their inability to let that front grill not appear as it does on every other Pontiac makes me nauseous.

For once, it'd be nice to see a Pontiac that looks completely unlike a pontiac in all aspects. They almost got it with this one, almost.

Hmmm, I really like the grill. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion Clay.

The ClayTaurus said:

Yeah... I works for me. One of the funnest cars I ever owned was a 1991 Grand Am. I've also owned a 1974 Pontiac Grand Prix. I really liked both cars, so I guess the Pontiac grill doesn't have the same meaning to me as it does to you. It just say's "Pontiac" to me, and that's OK.

The ClayTaurus said:

How 'bout this one Clay? Any better?

Pontiac_solstice_37-1024.jpg

Pale Rider said:
How 'bout this one Clay? Any better?

Pontiac_solstice_37-1024.jpg

In someways yes, otherways no.

The grill is much more tolerable now that it and the foglights are recessed.

I don't like the vents or whatever they're called along the back of the front fenders (the rippled looking ones outside of the hood)

Those are basically the same rims I have on my car, but I think I like the original ones better.

The side sills are ok, but a titch too ricer for me. I could live with it though.

The top looks like it's removable, and I'm a sucker for hard top convertables.

And last, that spoiler is horrendus.

For me, I'd strike a happy medium between the two, but the front end is much better on this one.

Forum List

Back