A Serious Question...

Can anyone name one good thing that has come from Islam? Just one. I bet no one can do it.
Well, just as with Christianity, there are a plethora of Astronomers, biologists, chemists, and other scientists that came out of the Muslim World. Now, you could make the argument that the religion is not responsible for those scientific achievements. However, that is no different than Christianity taking credit for the scientists that come from the Western World.

The zero.

Also, during the Dark Ages when the church was destroying art and literature, the libraries in the remains of the astern Roman Empire saved much (most) of the writings and art. At least until the Crusades sacked many cities and destroyed centuries old writings and art.
Surely the zero existed before Islam. Wasn't it that the people translating some of the books didn't have a word for naught so they went with the arab word zero?

Let me add something.
Zero is french according to merriam-webster.
Definition of ZERO

Last edited:
What does Islam have to do with coffee? What part of the Koran was responsible for that.

No one knows exactly how or when coffee was discovered, though there are many legends about its origin. But the rag heads claim credit for it, just like they have done with many other discoveries. Like Algebra.

Muslims are the only people taking credit for coffee because everybody else knows that they're the only credible source for the discovery of coffee. I don't think any other group is disputing that. :dunno:
You also missed the fact that I said Islam. Not Muslims. What has ISLAM done that was good for anything but Islam.

Muslim is one who worships in the Islam religion. Muslim is the person, and Islam is the religion.

What does Islam have to do with coffee? What part of the Koran was responsible for that.

No one knows exactly how or when coffee was discovered, though there are many legends about its origin. But the rag heads claim credit for it, just like they have done with many other discoveries. Like Algebra.

Muslims are the only people taking credit for coffee because everybody else knows that they're the only credible source for the discovery of coffee. I don't think any other group is disputing that. :dunno:
Your problem is that you don't think/

The History of Coffee

Um... your article says that coffee was discovered by Kaldi, a Sufi Muslim.
A Muslim may have discovered it. That was never confirmed, BTW. It's just a legend. And Islam had nothing to do with it. I asked for something that Islam has done that benefited mankind. Do you understand the difference? Apparently not.

You also missed the fact that I said Islam. Not Muslims. What has ISLAM done that was good for anything but Islam.
Isn't that the same argument that is made about scientists that were Christians? Yet, you want the religion to take credit for their contributions. So, why should Islam not be given the same credit?

The History of Coffee

A Muslim may have discovered it. That was never confirmed, BTW. It's just a legend. And Islam had nothing to do with it. I asked for something that Islam has done that benefited mankind. Do you understand the difference? Apparently not.

You just want to spread hatred of Islam and Muslims. That is your agenda.

I guess that is the Evan Christian in you, spread the hatred.

The History of Coffee

So, you want something that the Koran itself contributed to society. First name something the Bible itself contributed. Not something that people who just happened to be Christian contributed.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Can anyone name one good thing that has come from Islam? Just one. I bet no one can do it.
Well, just as with Christianity, there are a plethora of Astronomers, biologists, chemists, and other scientists that came out of the Muslim World. Now, you could make the argument that the religion is not responsible for those scientific achievements. However, that is no different than Christianity taking credit for the scientists that come from the Western World.
I dont understand why you entertain this troll's OPs anymore man.

I dont understand why you entertain this troll's OPs anymore man.
Yeah...I'm beginning to agree...

The greatest gift Islam has given humanity is the scientific progress that was made during the Islamic Golden Age. Science benefits people irrespective of their religion.

Islam asks for alms of 2.5% of Muslims’ income to care for the needy.

The History of Coffee

No. It did not. It merely stated one of several possibilities. It specifically says that no one really knows who it was. Try to pay attention.

The greatest gift Islam has given humanity is the scientific progress that was made during the Islamic Golden Age. Science benefits people irrespective of their religion.

Islam asks for alms of 2.5% of Muslims’ income to care for the needy.
Oh, PUHLEEEEEEESE! Not that tired old myth again. That has been debunked so many times. Muslims took credit for the discoveries of people in the nations they conquered. It's historical fact. And, once again, Islam had nothing to do with those discoveries. And finally, just what do you think those alms are used for? They certainly didn't go to the poor. They go to support terrorists. Damn! You're so gullible. Read some history. It will do you some good.

Muslims murder Westerners with automobiles, bombs, guns, and machetes. That is, they murder Westerners with Western inventions (you know, because they're so brilliant), and look at all these retards singing their praises.

What the OP ignores is his poorly veiled attempts at shitting on Islam is that when many great contributions to society were made every culture was as backwards as Islam. Over 1500 years after it's inception one of Christianity's contributions to science was drowning women to find out if they were witches. :dunno:

What the OP ignores is his poorly veiled attempts at shitting on Islam is that when many great contributions to society were made every culture was as backwards as Islam. Over 1500 years after it's inception one of Christianity's contributions to science was drowning women to find out if they were witches. :dunno:
it's what i did to pillars :dunno:

The History of Coffee

No. It did not. It merely stated one of several possibilities. It specifically says that no one really knows who it was. Try to pay attention.

Yes. There are several theories, and all of them originate in the Muslim world. That's why nobody else is taking credit. Why would anybody else take credit when everybody already knows what region it came from?

Forum List

Back