A serious question to Christians about the Mormon faith

And in other news, the Westport Junior baseball league had its championship playoff last night.

But, there was no prayer before the game because Christ-killing Jews have made public prayer practically illegal.

Actually, I always thought a christian is anyone that follows the teachings of christ.

Christ is God, or just the Messiah and not god was more of a denominational issue.

I tend to assume that Jesus was just the messiah and not god since the Jewish definition describes god as the creator of the universe--Jesus could not have created the universe since he was born after its creation.

Of course, some will use the book of John to argue with this statement, claiming that Jesus was here even when Moses led his people out of Egypt. Such individuals should understand how that statement by Jesus relates back to the cruxificion and Leviticus.

John 1:1 is the answer:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Christ is the "Word" and the "Ancient of Days", and when we see Him again he'll have hair as white as snow.

Yes, literally it translates as anointed, but it means anointed as king, thus messiah in the context, thus savior and, of course, Jesus is not recognized as such in Islam.

Christianity is most certainly not a 'Greek' religion. Wherever that impression came from is unimaginable.

It is amazing that so many people claim to be Christian and want to decide who is and who isn't Christian, but few are willing to follow what Jesus said to do. Ask, knock, search on your own. Merely referring to doctrines and formulas is the type of thing he criticized in the Pharisees. You only have what is inside you anyway, so looking 'outside' is the surest way to frustration, error and self deception.

He certainly has some odd ideas. Not sure how anyone can conclude that a religion centered around a Jewish Carpenter is Greek though.

Not sure how anyone can conclude that a religion centered around a Jewish Carpenter is Greek though.

Jesus was a Galilean carpenter, not a Jewish carpenter. And, he gave up the carpentry trade to be a Christian, not to be Jew.

Not sure how anyone can conclude that a religion centered around a Jewish Carpenter is Greek though.

Jesus was a Galilean carpenter, not a Jewish carpenter. And, he gave up the carpentry trade to be a Christian, not to be Jew.

Have you ever read the Bible? You're seriously going to claim that the King of the Jews, the Jewish Messiah, wasnt Jewish?

Have you ever read the Bible? You're seriously going to claim that the King of the Jews, the Jewish Messiah, wasnt Jewish?

Jesus is king of all, as the Christian Christ. The Jewish Messiah hasn't come, just ask a Jew.

Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. He gave up his trade to teach. He didn't convert to Christianity, He was Christianity. When He returns He will sit on the throne of his grandfather David, a Jewish King.

Last edited:
Christianity is most certainly not a 'Greek' religion. Wherever that impression came from is unimaginable.

Here's a hint, the New Testament was written in Greek. Do you think Christianity is the Jewish religion? If so, then what's the religion of those God Damned Jews who say they're Jews?

It is amazing that so many people claim to be Christian and want to decide who is and who isn't Christian, but few are willing to follow what Jesus said to do. Ask, knock, search on your own. Merely referring to doctrines and formulas is the type of thing he criticized in the Pharisees. You only have what is inside you anyway, so looking 'outside' is the surest way to frustration, error and self deception.

You've got shit for brains (if I denied that, I'd be breaking the 9th Commandment). Jesus objected to the hypocrisy and the man-made rules of the Pharisees. Jesus didn't object to them referring to true doctrines and formulas. Besides, Mormons are Atheists. What they call "God" is just another human to them, one that didn't create the universe, one that isn't sinless. You're a total fucktard if you think I shouldn't judge an Atheist as a non-Christian.

Are you professing to be a Christian? Your light is so well hidden it's hard to tell..... :confused:

Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. He gave up his trade to teach. He didn't convert to Christianity, He was Christianity.

Don't you mean Jesus was Jewishness? I'm the one saying he's Christian. You want to make him a Jew.

When He returns He will sit on the throne of his grandfather David, a Jewish King.

King David was a Christian.

Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. He gave up his trade to teach. He didn't convert to Christianity, He was Christianity.

Don't you mean Jesus was Jewishness? I'm the one saying he's Christian. You want to make him a Jew.

When He returns He will sit on the throne of his grandfather David, a Jewish King.

King David was a Christian.

Christ was a jew. Jesus cant be Christian because a Christian is a follower of Christ. He didnt follow Himself. He followed the Father. We follow Him.

Christ was a jew. Jesus cant be Christian because a Christian is a follower of Christ. He didnt follow Himself. He followed the Father. We follow Him.

If you follow Jesus, then you believe what him when he said Jews belong to the Devil. John 8:44.

Where did Jesus ever call himself a Jew? Where did any of his followers ever call him a Jew? You really are a sick fucktard for equating Jesus with those God Damned people who call themselves Jews.

If you follow Jesus, then you believe what him when he said Jews belong to the Devil. John 8:44.

Where did Jesus ever call himself a Jew? Where did any of his followers ever call him a Jew? You really are a sick fucktard for equating Jesus with those God Damned people who call themselves Jews.

Christ was the King of the Jews. He was the Jewish Messiah. He didnt say that the Jews belong to the devil because HE WAS A JEW.

Christ was the King of the Jews. He was the Jewish Messiah. He didnt say that the Jews belong to the devil because HE WAS A JEW.

As I already pointed out to you, and you ignored, Jesus did condemn Jews. And, Jesus never called himself a Jew, nor did any of his followers.

I know, but it is against my nature to let false doctrine have the last word, so I'll just direct Ariux to the genealogy of Christ. Right back to Abraham. On His mom's side.

He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, as was King David.
They called Christ, Rabbi. He taught in the temple, His Father's house.
Ariux, Christians celebrate the passover because of it's connection to Christ.

How many non Jews in Christ's day, adhered to Jewish tradition? Why would Christ celebrate passover? And the festival of first fruits and................

And whether Christian or Jew, what do you think Jesus would say about your hatred towards Abraham's family? Or hating in general?

I'll just direct Ariux to the genealogy of Christ. Right back to Abraham. On His mom's side.

Jesus wasn't a blood relation to Mary, his surrogate.

Ariux, Christians celebrate the passover because of it's connection to Christ.

Passover comes from when Egyptian Christians were slaves and God spared them the same judgement he visited upon the Egyptians. They weren't the seed of Abraham, but they were a "mixed multitude" (according to the Bible) who worshiped Christ (God).

And whether Christian or Jew, what do you think Jesus would say about your hatred towards Abraham's family? Or hating in general?

What do you think of Jesus hating Abraham's family:

The Jews said, "We are Abraham's seed." Jesus replied, "I know you are Abraham's seed... [But] you are of your father the Devil." John 8

I think I'm following Jesus.

Forum List

Back