A serious question for the Tea Party members here.

Far right? What is that anyways? Can someone define that for me? It's the mythical monster the nuclear conservative left uses quite frequently, and we are smothered in Democrat inspired laws and taxation.

Its the group of Social and Fiscal Conservatives who are forcing strict economic and social purity doctrine on all Republicans.

It includes opposition to gay rights, anti-immigration, anti-abortion, pro gun,opposition to healthcare for the masses, accross the board tax cuts, privatization of Social Security, opposition to environmental legislation......

They provide no margin for disagreeing on any of these issues at the risk of ejection from the party or a thorough tongue lashing from Rush Limbaugh and the Fox Posse

The moderates are what caused the GOP to fail in 2006 and 2008, all of which started in 2005 when Gillespie proclaimed that the Republican Party was no longer the party of small government. "Where are the conservatives going to go?" he asked. That question has been answered.

You started right, but finished far wrong. Yes, Moderates caused the GOP to fall out of power in 2006 and 2008, but the reason why is that the moderates abandoned the GOP in 2006 and 2008.

There are not enough self identifying Conservatives, or Liberals for that matter, to win an election on the National scale without moderates. In most US States, the same is true. You might get away with telling Moderates to take a hike in California, New York, or some of the South, but for the most part you win or lose elections based on the moderates.

That's what's puzzling to me about the folks that think the Tea Party is a real long term revolution. Most of the folks posting in this thread are the same folks that dismiss black voters as racist, call for crackdown on latinos, advocate banning any sort of legal protection for minorities, are anti-gay, anti-mormon, and think that the poor are nothing but leaches and young people are brainwashed fools.

That may sound like hyperbole, but before folks call BS on this, I'd suggest they check their own posting history. I'll be doing that when I reply.

At this point, is there any group of people other than White Anglo-Saxxon upper class voters they haven't laughed at or derided?

That's pretty much the same dialogue that won Rove a few national elections and then blew up in his face. You can't outright mock moderates and independents and expect to win in this country.

If you want this to be a long term revolution, I'd strongly suggest the following:

1. Find a Reagan figure fast. Someone that can put forward your goals with optimism and not fear. Someone that can actually reach out to moderates and convince them to side with you. If you don't want to move center, you'll need to move the center right.

2. Purge the Social Cons. Seriously, get those guys out. They're almost always closet perverts, criminals, or hypocrites, and even the best of them are one sound bite away from imploding and taking the rest of your movement with it.

The current GOP is just a herd of RINO's moving around with no direction, goals, or leadership. :evil:

And the tea bag answer is to rid the party of those who understand that the pragmatic reality that good governing requires compromise, and replace them with loons.

Far right? What is that anyways? Can someone define that for me? It's the mythical monster the nuclear conservative left uses quite frequently, and we are smothered in Democrat inspired laws and taxation.

Its the group of Social and Fiscal Conservatives who are forcing strict economic and social purity doctrine on all Republicans.

It includes opposition to gay rights, anti-immigration, anti-abortion, pro gun,opposition to healthcare for the masses, accross the board tax cuts, privatization of Social Security, opposition to environmental legislation......

They provide no margin for disagreeing on any of these issues at the risk of ejection from the party or a thorough tongue lashing from Rush Limbaugh and the Fox Posse

That's certainly their goal. They want their caucus to be nothing more than a group think circle jerk.

I have seen several of the GOP candidates pushing a Balanced Budget Amendment. Now, where have I seen that before and does anyone remember the huge deficites that Ronald Reagon put up. PLEASE...and he is the GOP hero. Was he conservative enough? I would say the tea party would say no...

I have seen several of the GOP candidates pushing a Balanced Budget Amendment. Now, where have I seen that before and does anyone remember the huge deficites that Ronald Reagon put up. PLEASE...and he is the GOP hero. Was he conservative enough? I would say the tea party would say no...

I remember when Senators Graham and Rudman had to tie his hands for his lunatic spending. I also recall him saying that he was going to cut spending by cutting back fraud and abuse, only to result in one of the greatest contracting scandals since Tea Pot Dome, ie Ill Winds.

Are you saying that the right wingers are religious bigots?
Nope.

I didn't say anything about Right Wingers.

Why do you assume I was refering to the Right???

Wouldn't Romney have to first win the GOP primary? Wasn't one of his main obstacles the last time, his religion? Didn't Huckabee spend a lifetime as a preacher, demonizing the man's faith?

Are you saying that the right wingers are religious bigots?
Nope.

I didn't say anything about Right Wingers.

Why do you assume I was refering to the Right???

Wouldn't Romney have to first win the GOP primary? Wasn't one of his main obstacles the last time, his religion? Didn't Huckabee spend a lifetime as a preacher, demonizing the man's faith?

Romney has violated the original sin of far right conservatives "Thou shall not pass healthcare"

He is toast as a Republican candidate

Romney has violated the original sin of far right conservatives "Thou shall not pass healthcare"

Shame as he's the closest to a "Reagan" figure in the GOP right now. His early history is fascinating reading and he's got a certain charisma to him that could win over a lot of voters. Plus, he's smart, successful in business, and has a proven record of being able to accomplish things.

However, his Mormon background is a non-starter with the Christian Coalition. Plus, its awfully hard to campaign against healthcare when you championed it yourself as governor.

Shame as he's the closest to a "Reagan" figure in the GOP right now. His early history is fascinating reading and he's got a certain charisma to him that could win over a lot of voters. Plus, he's smart, successful in business, and has a proven record of being able to accomplish things.

However, his Mormon background is a non-starter with the Christian Coalition. Plus, its awfully hard to campaign against healthcare when you championed it yourself as governor.

He is the only legitimate candidate the Republicans have....too bad they are going to blow it and nominate someone who is acceptable to the Tea Party

Gawd you are a mindless trud
anti-immigration? No Conservatiove is anti-immigration We are anti illegal immigration. We are against the knid of reform the obama wants. " you can have your citizenship just as long as you vote democrat"

opposition to environmental legislation
From the action of the last rally the left needs to step back and look at how they treat and take care of their environment. Hell they can't even pick up their own damn grabage. Which proves one thing the liberals environmental means just one thing how much they can control people with their BS legislation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back