A serious question for "conservatives"

VaYank thinks that if you drove on a public road to get to an interview for a job that means you must depend on government for your very existence.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

And some people STILL don't think you are far right wing...:cuckoo:

Are you ever gonna learn to think rationally enough to stop whining about everyone who disagrees with your Messiah as being 'far right'. You make yourself look ridiculous.

Coming from you? Meaningless. But thanks for stopping by.

The government has done nothing more for me being successful than it has for someone else, or someone who has fallen on hard times, or someone that is just doing ok.... government is there to set the playing field of equality and equal treatment.... government did not make my decisions, did not hone my judgment, did not make me take my actions...

Government, however has taken from me to give to others in some misguided attempt to equalize outcome for others.... it has not only concentrated on pure equal treatment, like it is supposed to...

Our government has done as much if not more to try and hinder success or hinder those who make their success, as it has to keep the landscape within this country

I agree with the entire first paragraph. I was just wanting to make sure that everyone who is supposedly "self made" understands that without our government, as misguided as it may seem at times, your success may have been limited, or even negligible.

No... I do not agree with that at all... without our government interfering in ways they should not be, or trying this stupid subject method of selective equal treatment, or growing to sizes that are ridiculous, I and others could argue that we would be better off... thus government hindering success

IF you and others felt strongly enough about this, wouldn't you have found another country with a different form of government that would have been much more favorable to your desire for success by now?

I am not referring to the roads!!! You two are taking "landscape" entirely too literally, and as I suspected, dodging my question.

Let's see you mean the landscape where i have to pay thousands of dollars a year in licensing fees, where I have to pay an increase in unemployment tax even though I laid no one off, where the fucking IRS crawls up my ass almost every year, where one state agency after another tells me I have to comply to their idiotic standards?

That landscape?

That is EXACTLY the landscape I am referring to. While the regulations are a pain in your ass, if you felt you could do better, make more money or be more successful in another country with a different form of government, you would have moved and become so already, yes?

So you've co opted the "America. love it or leave it" mantra of your hated conservatives?

My business is suited to the wants and needs of people in this country not some other country. Why would I start a business in a country I know nothing about?

Are you ever gonna learn to think rationally enough to stop whining about everyone who disagrees with your Messiah as being 'far right'. You make yourself look ridiculous.

Coming from you? Meaningless. But thanks for stopping by.

Yea, cuz I'm 'far right' too, huh? :lol::lol: Idiot.

No, stupid. Because you have proven over time that you are a moran who consistently talks out of her ass, and then runs away from debates when you get called out on your drivel.

Boeing54kueuvg.jpg

I agree with the entire first paragraph. I was just wanting to make sure that everyone who is supposedly "self made" understands that without our government, as misguided as it may seem at times, your success may have been limited, or even negligible.

No... I do not agree with that at all... without our government interfering in ways they should not be, or trying this stupid subject method of selective equal treatment, or growing to sizes that are ridiculous, I and others could argue that we would be better off... thus government hindering success

IF you and others felt strongly enough about this, wouldn't you have found another country with a different form of government that would have been much more favorable to your desire for success by now?

Because I, and many others like me, have fought for THIS country and Constitution... and instead of letting this country continue to be destroyed from within by forces supporting selective equal treatment and supporting confiscation for redistribution at levels that are utterly ridiculous... we choose to change things back to how they were intended to be and support the freedom and system supporting freedom that we should have had all along

We could also ask why you have not found another country (one being not far away to the north) where there is even more cradle to grave coddling funded by taxation that is even greater

Let's see you mean the landscape where i have to pay thousands of dollars a year in licensing fees, where I have to pay an increase in unemployment tax even though I laid no one off, where the fucking IRS crawls up my ass almost every year, where one state agency after another tells me I have to comply to their idiotic standards?

That landscape?

That is EXACTLY the landscape I am referring to. While the regulations are a pain in your ass, if you felt you could do better, make more money or be more successful in another country with a different form of government, you would have moved and become so already, yes?

So you've co opted the "America. love it or leave it" mantra of your hated conservatives?

My business is suited to the wants and needs of people in this country not some other country. Why would I start a business in a country I know nothing about?

Stop going to extremes. This is America. Our government changes it's mind on issues almost every four years, because the American voter is just THAT fickle. Our government may apply regulations that you dislike, but seriously, if you truly felt you could be more successful somewhere else, under a different form of government, wouldn't you have done so?

Stop going to extremes. This is America. Our government changes it's mind on issues almost every four years, because the American voter is just THAT fickle. Our government may apply regulations that you dislike, but seriously, if you truly felt you could be more successful somewhere else, under a different form of government, wouldn't you have done so?

I think I already answered that question.

Because I, and many others like me, have fought for THIS country and Constitution... and instead of letting this country continue to be destroyed from within by forces supporting selective equal treatment and supporting confiscation for redistribution at levels that are utterly ridiculous... we choose to change things back to how they were intended to be and support the freedom and system supporting freedom that we should have had all along

We could also ask why you have not found another country (one being not far away to the north) where there is even more cradle to grave coddling funded by taxation that is even greater

And you are going to extremese as well. I have no desire to move to another country. My wife and I are BOTH successful. At least in our own definitions. And we will teach our daughter to be successful as well. In the greatest country this world has ever known. I have been successful BECAUSE of the country I live in and the government that oversees it, not in spite of it, as you seem to think you have been.

And you are going to extremese as well. I have no desire to move to another country. My wife and I are BOTH successful. At least in our own definitions. And we will teach our daughter to be successful as well. In the greatest country this world has ever known. I have been successful BECAUSE of the country I live in and the government that oversees it, not in spite of it, as you seem to think you have been.

I am going to extremes?? No.. I would say not... I am going in terms of freedom and a free country with a limited but powerful scope of government, as it was indeed set up to be...

And you would indeed be more successful if not taxed for over 50% of your income thru the governmental system that is extending it's tendrils continually and purposely setting up a system of unequal treatment based on subjective 'fairness' for more equalized outcome

I am going to extremes?? No.. I would say not... I am going in terms of freedom and a free country with a limited but powerful scope of government, as it was indeed set up to be...

And you would indeed be more successful if not taxed for over 50% of your income thru the governmental system that is extending it's tendrils continually and purposely setting up a system of unequal treatment based on subjective 'fairness' for more equalized outcome

So? I am not the one on here whining about desiring to be "more" successful. As I stated, by my own definition, I am successful. And while you will not state as much, I believe if you truly felt you could be MORE successful under a different form of government, you would have moved there already.

So? I am not the one on here whining about desiring to be "more" successful. As I stated, by my own definition, I am successful. And while you will not state as much, I believe if you truly felt you could be MORE successful under a different form of government, you would have moved there already.

Why would I want a different form of government somewhere else?? Rather than save the country and government I swore to defend from those, like you, who wish to continue to bastardize it away from what it was intended to be??

I don't whine about being more successful... I complain when our government acts more like Robin Hood instead of Themis... I complain about a power hungry system of politics that has nothing to do with the true best interests of the citizenry which is helped more by freedom than by interference

No I don't think that is what he is saying at all.

This technique of amplifying what people actually wrote into some extremely absurd statement they clearly did NOT say is intellectual dishonest.

What doing that really tells us is that the argument that was made cannot be debated by the person who created a straw man to mock.

Mad Scientist, try responding to the post instead of the strawman you've invented.
Not true. That technique is called "Demonstrating absurdity by being absurd".
If you don't like that, then let me ask the OP this:
VaYank, do you think that ObamaCare is part of "creating the landscape that allows me to be successful"?

IF you are already successful, then "no". Healthcare for those less fortunate than you can only make you more successful if after the implementation, healthier people bring you more business.
At what cost?

How is handing me a crutch after you've kicked out my knee "beneficial"?

All you're showing here is that politicians and their sycophants love visible beneficiaries and invisible casualties.

I have seen more than a few self described "conservatives" on this board make statements to the effect; "The government has done nothing to help me be successful", or "I made my own money with no help from the government", or "I owe my success to no one but myself". While I think I understand the underlying concept these folks are speaking of, do they/you truly believe that our government has had no hand in creating the landscape that has allowed them/you to be successful and to have the things that you have? Just asking for clarification.

This is what? The tenth time?

I have seen more than a few self described "conservatives" on this board make statements to the effect; "The government has done nothing to help me be successful", or "I made my own money with no help from the government", or "I owe my success to no one but myself". While I think I understand the underlying concept these folks are speaking of, do they/you truly believe that our government has had no hand in creating the landscape that has allowed them/you to be successful and to have the things that you have? Just asking for clarification.

Lots of different answers, but for one I thank the men and women who serve in our military and government who have the best interests of the USA at hand. If I lived in any other country, I don't think I'd feel so safe.

I thank these people who put their very lives on the line to protect us. God bless them and give them strength and protection, in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one those roads were built with my tax dollars, the government did not "give" them to me.

I am not referring to the roads!!! You two are taking "landscape" entirely too literally, and as I suspected, dodging my question.

That landscape?

The bold. When did that change? I did my parents books, UI didn't go up without claims.

Forum List

Back