A serious question for atheists.

If it was proven that God exists, and that every word in the Bible was true, would you worship Him?

First, there is nothing any living being can do to prove to me that it is God.

Second, if there was a God, as described by Modern Christians(not the Bible!), that God would already know this.

So all these 'miracles' and 'claims by witnesses' for Jesus, for instance, are pointless--none of these match the definition of God in either the OT or modern sense.

Hence, any proof of God, and the of which God, is virtually impossible in a deductive sense to me. Even so...

If every word of the Bible was true, I would not worship any of the God(s?) of the Bible. I find the God(s?) of the bible a bit too repulsive and callous to its creation.

Put in another way:
Would I respect the fact these "God(s?) created the world and defy nature?" Yes
Would I worship these God(s?)? No.

Afraid you are wrong

God has his favorite religions. If you belong to the correct religion you get the best seats in heaven. Close to God with no fat lady blocking your view.
Other religions are not so lucky. They get bleacher seats and need binoculars to see God

Wait until you meet God. Then it will be understood that He has made sure we all have the best seat in the house.

Afraid you are wrong

God has his favorite religions. If you belong to the correct religion you get the best seats in heaven. Close to God with no fat lady blocking your view.
Other religions are not so lucky. They get bleacher seats and need binoculars to see God

Wait until you meet God. Then it will be understood that He has made sure we all have the best seat in the house.

What makes you think I have not met him already?

Afraid you are wrong

If I believed there was a god, I would agree on merriw. on this point.

Why would God waste time making and playing with trash? That is basically what some devout Christians and Muslims suggest--God create and plays with trash(sinners)!

Afraid you are wrong

Tell me about it.

Afraid you are wrong

Tell me about it.

God posts on this board regularly

The Devil only posts in the Flame Zone

If it was proven that God exists, and that every word in the Bible was true, would you worship Him?

God/Jehovah/Allah is a right ****. Even if He were real, I still couldn't bring myself to worship that being. Pediatric cancer alone would disqualify Him without going into all the other stuff.
And just why do we have pediatric cancer, and all the other stuff?

Afraid you are wrong

The Egyptian gawd Isis (worshipped for 5,000 years), is not a "He". Your more recent gawds in robes and long flowing hair are just posers.

A humorous question for theists: What IF god was proven to be untrue? Imagine all the chuckles and guffaws and LOLs that would get! Especially since all the crimes against humanity since religious has perpetrated over the millennia. Wouldn't that crack you up? Woops! me bad... Mea culpa, won't happen again, honest. I mean, what? How do you begin to make up for the villainy religion has committed?
How do you begin to make up for the villainy that atheists have committed? Evil wears many disguises. None of the atrocities committed in the name of God have been committed by Christians. There is nothing stopping one from donning the mantle of Christianity in order to do evil. If one does not follow Gods word, they are not Christians.

A humorous question for theists: What IF god was proven to be untrue? Imagine all the chuckles and guffaws and LOLs that would get! Especially since all the crimes against humanity since religious has perpetrated over the millennia. Wouldn't that crack you up? Woops! me bad... Mea culpa, won't happen again, honest. I mean, what? How do you begin to make up for the villainy religion has committed?
How do you begin to make up for the villainy that atheists have committed? Evil wears many disguises. None of the atrocities committed in the name of God have been committed by Christians. There is nothing stopping one from donning the mantle of Christianity in order to do evil. If one does not follow Gods word, they are not Christians.
No true atheist would commit an atrocity. Therefore, any atrocity committed under the banner of "the gawds are not on our side" was not a true atheist... or, you know, something like that.

Question for those who believe

What if you spent your whole life worshipping the wrong God?

What is the "wrong" God? Everyone pursues God to the best of his/her understanding. I don't think anyone of any faith has a fear that God is going to greet anyone with the news, "Your understanding of me was below par."

You know better than that. Each religion thinks theirs is the one and only true religion, and everybody who doesn't believe exactly as they do is going to hell. I'm not saying God, if he really does exist, has that belief, but religious groups certainly do, and have quite often killed others because of that belief.

You know better than that. Each religion thinks theirs is the one and only true religion, and everybody who doesn't believe exactly as they do is going to hell. I'm not saying God, if he really does exist, has that belief, but religious groups certainly do, and have quite often killed others because of that belief.

Not true. My denomination, one of the major ones, does not teach other denomination, other faiths, or even atheists are going to hell. Second, Jews don't even believe in hell.

Not true. My denomination, one of the major ones, does not teach other denomination, other faiths, or even atheists are going to hell. Second, Jews don't even believe in hell.

You are absolutely right. I admit I was wrong. Instead of "each religion", I should have said almost all religions. Thanks for the correction.

Forum List

Back