"A separation of economy and state, as much as a separation of church and state?????

MiddleClass

Moderate American
Aug 26, 2011
Delaware
"A separation of economy and state, as much as a separation of church and state. :cuckoo:

We tried that under Bush Junior, and that gave us the worst Recession since the Great Depression. The facts is, humans are greedy, and without proper oversight they will place their own bank account over country, and since we witnessed that first hand under Bush Junior, we should not simply forget about it a couple of years later just to repeat the same mistakes again. Forget history and your are doomed to repeat it. We should never forget what deregulation did to our economy, well at least we will not forget it after it just happened only two and half years ago. Those who propagandize 'Separation of Economics and State' are just misguided mouthpieces for Big Business and Wall Street. They care more about the almighty dollar than America

"A separation of economy and state, as much as a separation of church and state. :cuckoo:

We tried that under Bush Junior, and that gave us the worst Recession since the Great Depression. The facts is, humans are greedy, and without proper oversight they will place their own bank account over country, and since we witnessed that first hand under Bush Junior, we should not simply forget about it a couple of years later just to repeat the same mistakes again. Forget history and your are doomed to repeat it. We should never forget what deregulation did to our economy, well at least we will not forget it after it just happened only two and half years ago. Those who propagandize 'Separation of Economics and State' are just misguided mouthpieces for Big Business and Wall Street. They care more about the almighty dollar than America

Sorry, I don't require "proper oversight" you fuckwad.

Just because you're too stupid to function without "proper oversight" doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Good fucking grief you Fabian Fucktards piss me off.

We tried that under Bush Junior.....
Total lie.

The facts is, humans are greedy, and without proper oversight they will place their own bank account over country....
Right...And such greed simply doesn't apply to the overseers, because...ummmm....errrr.....

Forget history and your are doomed to repeat it. We should never forget what deregulation did to our economy, well at least we will not forget it after it just happened only two and half years ago. Those who propagandize 'Separation of Economics and State' are just misguided mouthpieces for Big Business and Wall Street. They care more about the almighty dollar than America
Never learn economic history and you end up a platitude spewing, myth perpetuating, strawman constructing, hyperbole spinning, nutbar.

This recession has NOTHING to do with deregulation, and EVERYTHING to do with Government intrusion into the Economy.

Politicians increasingly attempt to “buy votes” by tweaking economic principles to benefit their voting base. It never works. The voting base can be “tricked” into thinking something is good, the economy cannot.

My personal experience: (Readers Digest version)
My friend owned 10 rental homes in our small town of 13,000 people. He purchased rundown properties over a 20 year period and renovated them himself into nice rental properties. Enter the Government… in 1996 Congress pushed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase their purchases of mortgages going to low and moderate income borrowers using Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac. The goal was 42% in 1996, 50% in 2000 and 52% in 2005. The rules were changed to facilitate the government’s stated goal of “Increased home ownership”. Renters were encouraged to become homeowners through the use of relaxed loan qualification quirements and no money down loans, which on the surface was an admirable goal.

My friend’s good renters jumped at the program, purchased homes, and were replaced with less qualified renters. Collecting the rent became more and more difficult, until only a few renters were making token rent payments. Upkeep costs skyrocketed because the new renters regularly trashed the properties. With little revenue coming in and far more going out for upkeep, my friend eventually lost all 10 properties to the Bank.

But that’s only half of the story… my friend kept track the good renters who left to buy homes. Ten out of ten eventually defaulted on the homes they purchased and are now renting gain. Where there were once zero defaults, because the Government tampered with economic principles, there are now 20 defaults. The economy cannot be “tricked”.

Please share an example of the government intrusion in the economy that has ended well.

The founders were far more adamant that there be a “separation of Economy and State” than “Church and State”. It’s time we start DEMANDING that politicians stop using the economy as a tool to help with their reelection.

Forum List

Back