A sensible conservative

Watch the reactionaries like PC claim they are true conservatives.

The freak a doodles are in the barn yard a'cackling and a'scratching.

May I be more direct?
What is the meaning of 'conservative'?

Could I be more obvious, it's not for me to say. It's for self-professed conservatives to say. Reread the article for your answer. I'll tell you what I believe, it's up to conservatives to say what conservatism is. My only opinion on the matter is that it's counter-productive to insist on some sort of ideological purity, if the party ever hopes to win a national election again.

You do realize what you just said is ignorant and completely false right? A word or belief or political system has a defined definition. It may have several means but they are all defined. And no just cause Joe Schmuck says he is a conservative does not make it true.

Kinda like when ever we do a poll here on who is Conservative, moderate and liberal and 7/10ths of the Liberals all claim they are Moderate. Just cause they say it does not make it true.

Who decides then? How can we be sure you're really what you say you are? If the Republicans want to win elections, don't they pretty much have to accept anyone who self-identifies as conservative and isn't a crazy. If you can demonstrate this guy to be crazy, I'll accept that. Otherwise, it just seems like your shooting yourselves in the foot.

Forum List

Back