A Sea Change In Government

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Opinions of the gentleman aside, there is no arguing that Franklin Roosevelt didn't leave a permanent mark on the United States.

franklin-roosevelt-9463381-1-raw.jpg

1.On this day in 1945, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the longest serving president in American history passed away. "I have a terrific headache." Those were Franklin Delano Roosevelt's final words. He died a few hours later of a cerebral hemorrhage. He was 63 years old. FDR had presided over the Great Depression and most of World War II, and the stress had taken its toll on his health. Within hours of Roosevelt's passing, Vice President Harry S. Truman was summoned to the White House where he took the oath of office.
TriviaToday.com

2. Consider the following pluses for FDR( from “The Hundred Days of FDR”, by Schlesinger)

" Who can now imagine a day when America offered no Social Security, no unemployment compensation, no food stamps, no Federal guarantee of bank deposits, no Federal supervision of the stock market, no Federal protection for collective bargaining, no Federal standards for wages and hours, no Federal support for farm prices or rural electrification, no Federal refinancing for farm and home mortgages, no Federal commitment to high employment or to equal opportunity - in short, no Federal responsibility for Americans who found themselves, through no fault of their own, in economic or social distress?"
The 'Hundred Days' of F.D.R.

Opinions of the gentleman aside, there is no arguing that Franklin Roosevelt didn't leave a permanent mark on the United States.

1.On this day in 1945, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the longest serving president in American history passed away. "I have a terrific headache." Those were Franklin Delano Roosevelt's final words. He died a few hours later of a cerebral hemorrhage. He was 63 years old. FDR had presided over the Great Depression and most of World War II, and the stress had taken its toll on his health. Within hours of Roosevelt's passing, Vice President Harry S. Truman was summoned to the White House where he took the oath of office.
TriviaToday.com

2. Consider the following pluses for FDR( from “The Hundred Days of FDR”, by Schlesinger)

" Who can now imagine a day when America offered no Social Security, no unemployment compensation, no food stamps, no Federal guarantee of bank deposits, no Federal supervision of the stock market, no Federal protection for collective bargaining, no Federal standards for wages and hours, no Federal support for farm prices or rural electrification, no Federal refinancing for farm and home mortgages, no Federal commitment to high employment or to equal opportunity - in short, no Federal responsibility for Americans who found themselves, through no fault of their own, in economic or social distress?"
Why do you hate the US so much? Brainwashed by North Korea?

TriviaToday.com

Ignore the rest of my fellow board members. I rather like the "this day in history" posts.

We'll go back to arguing in another thread.

I read somewhere, (I'd have to look it up) that FDR's medical records disappeared from a locked vault shortly after his death. It's possible that he had several strokes and was not in his right mind when democrats forced him to campaign for his 4th term. FDR's weakness and seemingly friendship with Stalin in the post war meetings with the "big 3" left us with a post war chaos and the "Iron Curtain".

I read somewhere, (I'd have to look it up) that FDR's medical records disappeared from a locked vault shortly after his death. It's possible that he had several strokes and was not in his right mind when democrats forced him to campaign for his 4th term. FDR's weakness and seemingly friendship with Stalin in the post war meetings with the "big 3" left us with a post war chaos and the "Iron Curtain".

Maybe the records are with these.....

Obama's:
Occidental College records

Columbia College records

Columbia Thesis paper

Harvard College records

Selective Service Registration

medical records

Illinois State Senate records

Illinois State Senate schedule

Law practice client list

A Certified Copy of original Birth certificate

embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth

Harvard Law Review articles that were published

University of Chicago scholarly articles

Record of baptism

One of the greatest warmongering freebooters of all time.
Andy Jackson was better at it..
Both Democrats
Repubs just don't have the balls to take on mighty foes...If a repub had been president he would have given the Axis powers anything they wanted ....Along with the Seminoles and British.
All one has to do is read the Congressional Record and Republican speeches PRAISING the European fascists before Pearl Harbor....then they had to change their tune.

One of the greatest warmongering freebooters of all time.
Andy Jackson was better at it..
Both Democrats
Repubs just don't have the balls to take on mighty foes...If a repub had been president he would have given the Axis powers anything they wanted ....Along with the Seminoles and British.
All one has to do is read the Congressional Record and Republican speeches PRAISING the European fascists before Pearl Harbor....then they had to change their tune.

The OP is an homage to the godfather of the Democrat Party.

I'm doing my best to avoid any criticism today, on the anniversary of his death.

I'll just say I can prove the very opposite of your post.

Let's leave it at that for today.

Try the same post another day, and you'll get quite an education.

Forum List

Back