A sad thing I have seen in my nation

You believe the top earners don't pay enough? During 2007, the top 1 percent had paid more in federal income tax than the bottom 95 percent. That's not enough for you?

I see another wingnut who thinks income taxes are the only taxes that people pay.:cuckoo:

The saddest thing I've seen is that some people believe they're entitled to steal from someone who has worked harder in order to avoid doing it themselves. Jesus does not approve.

And the funniest thing I've seen is christian morons like you who claim that Jesus opposed taxes. It like I said, no one knows less about christianity than the average christian

Well, if working hard to secure my future and not relying on government handouts makes me a wingnut, then so be it. I, unlike some, would feel like a lesser person by taking what doesn't belong to me. I think what you'll find once you mature a bit, is that no one from the government is going to be there to take care of you forever. Just ask the "99ers".

Don't waste your time... he sounds like just another bitter, pissed off leftist loon who feels entitled to that which he hasn't the ability or drive to earn for himself..

Nothing to see here that we haven't seen a million times.

Last edited:
I see another wingnut who thinks income taxes are the only taxes that people pay.:cuckoo:

And the funniest thing I've seen is christian morons like you who claim that Jesus opposed taxes. It like I said, no one knows less about christianity than the average christian

Well, if working hard to secure my future and not relying on government handouts makes me a wingnut, then so be it. I, unlike some, would feel like a lesser person by taking what doesn't belong to me. I think what you'll find once you mature a bit, is that no one from the government is going to be there to take care of you forever. Just ask the "99ers".

Don't waste your time... he sounds like just another bitter, pissed off leftist loon who feels entitled to that which he hasn't the ability or drive to earn for himself..

Thanks. The guy just attacked me out of the blue. Is that common here? I really would like to discuss ideas but without all the garbage. I'd just really like to understand the mindset of some people.

You believe the top earners don't pay enough? During 2007, the top 1 percent had paid more in federal income tax than the bottom 95 percent. That's not enough for you?

The saddest thing I've seen is that some people believe they're entitled to steal from someone who has worked harder in order to avoid doing it themselves. Jesus does not approve.

I see you don't want to talk about your stupid claim that Jesus opposed taxes or described them as theft.

Let me know when you grow the testicles to defend your own words

Thanks. The guy just attacked me out of the blue. Is that common here? I really would like to discuss ideas but without all the garbage. I'd just really like to understand the mindset of some people.

If you're going to lie about taxes and Jesus, you should expect to be criticized

If you want to talk about ideas, why don't you start by telling us where Jesus opposed taxes and described taxes as theft, as you falsely claimed?

Or are you more interested in talking about me with other posters?

I think the saddest thing I've seen is an entire political party pandering to the rich. Just the fact that a party's leadership could hold millions of Americans hostage, denying them unemployment just before Christmas simply to guarantee the top 1.7% won't have to pay their fair share us just awful.

And the worst part? 2.4 million jobs that the same party helped move to China from 2001 to 2008. And this party, the party of wars and lies, calls itself "moral". To bad there isn't a magical Jesus, because if there were, he would punish them for using his name.

rdean is her own type of troll, rdean presents a premise that is based on a lie, a stereotype, or just simple bigotry. Either way, to respond as if the person is anything but someone who is using a specific technique of the radical-liberal-Marxist is to fall or enter the trap.

Like take the comment, "Party of wars and lies", in reality that is Bill Clinton and Colin Powell, the two that did the most to encourage the 9/11 attacks on the USA, rdean, maybe she is unwittingly posting, but either way rdean, she posts the propaganda of liberal-marxist. I only state this because I read the communist websites and see the same thing stated on those sites.

You will never find these Marxist-Liberals truthful about themselves, many are just sheeple that are completely ignorant of the ideology they so vehemently defend. Many are here, as a job, to allow nobody to state anything Conservative-Christian without a retort, mostly vile, ugly, bigoted, insults, sometimes a false premise with a tiny fact attached to confuse the opponent.

Either way, when you post on a message board you cannot expect you will engage in the opposition, for when the other side is not based on truth or history the only recourse they have is an attack on a personal level, if that is at all possible on an anonymous message board.

I see you don't want to talk about your stupid claim that Jesus opposed taxes or described them as theft.

Dude, whatever meds your parents have you on, please have them break them in half for you. I never said Jesus opposed taxes. You're obviously confused.

Now, Jesus commands us to give to the poor. Of course we need to. Reasonable taxes should not be a problem along with charity from the heart.

I think the saddest thing I've seen is an entire political party pandering to the rich. Just the fact that a party's leadership could hold millions of Americans hostage, denying them unemployment just before Christmas simply to guarantee the top 1.7% won't have to pay their fair share us just awful.

And the worst part? 2.4 million jobs that the same party helped move to China from 2001 to 2008. And this party, the party of wars and lies, calls itself "moral". To bad there isn't a magical Jesus, because if there were, he would punish them for using his name.

rdean is her own type of troll, rdean presents a premise that is based on a lie, a stereotype, or just simple bigotry. Either way, to respond as if the person is anything but someone who is using a specific technique of the radical-liberal-Marxist is to fall or enter the trap.

Like take the comment, "Party of wars and lies", in reality that is Bill Clinton and Colin Powell, the two that did the most to encourage the 9/11 attacks on the USA, rdean, maybe she is unwittingly posting, but either way rdean, she posts the propaganda of liberal-marxist. I only state this because I read the communist websites and see the same thing stated on those sites.

You will never find these Marxist-Liberals truthful about themselves, many are just sheeple that are completely ignorant of the ideology they so vehemently defend. Many are here, as a job, to allow nobody to state anything Conservative-Christian without a retort, mostly vile, ugly, bigoted, insults, sometimes a false premise with a tiny fact attached to confuse the opponent.

Either way, when you post on a message board you cannot expect you will engage in the opposition, for when the other side is not based on truth or history the only recourse they have is an attack on a personal level, if that is at all possible on an anonymous message board.

Thanks, I appreciate you filling me in. I guess I hoped that this board would be a bit more mature than some others I've been on. I still have can't believe the anger and venom of some people though.

There's a few... Truthmatters, Wry Catcher, rdean, MarcATL that are of very little substance and grey matter. They're just bitter, pissed off loons that feel everything is somebody else's responsibility... like paying taxes.

There's a few... Truthmatters, Wry Catcher, rdean, MarcATL that are of very little substance and grey matter. They're just bitter, pissed off loons that feel everything is somebody else's responsibility... like paying taxes.

Heck, I'm a moderate and I've run into a few of them already. I'd hate to see what a real righty has to go through here!

Like it or not, "Marriage" is a RELIGIOUS union and has a definition. Two men or two women going through ANY ceremony doesn't make it "Marriage."

To "tolerate" this is to "tolerate" a sin God Himself called an ABOMINATION. IF you believe God is REAL, this ought to make you TREMBLE. NO nation has ever survived long after tampering with what we're tampering with--"NORMALIZING" this ABOMINATION.

As It Was In the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah
Fire From Heaven?

Then go to the private institution of your choosing and get your "Marriage" there. If that private institute doesn't want to grant it to 2 men or 2 women, it doesn't have to.

As far as the legal partnership among individuals in the eyes of the state, that ought to belong to any two people who desire it. As long as they're not in your private institution, mind your own f**kin business. If your private institution begins allowing homosexual marriage, vote with your feet and join a different one.

Stop screaming that you're a Christian and act like it.

Looking through this scientifically, it is not possible to recreate to the end. A species must procreate to continue. A species that only recreates represents a serious wrong turn in the evolution of a species. Species are supposed to evolve not devolve.

Scripture battles, Jesus opposed everything that the Liberal-Marxist-Democrats do and propose. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

I live 1/2 yr near Camp Lejeune. I play tennis with a Marine regularly and know a bunch of his friends from our beer pong matches. [Typically, we don't talk about political issues] But . . .one of his friends, who is the intellectual of the group, said something very interesting [I'm paraphrasing]: "the only thing I hate more than the idea of homosexuality is a government who tells you who to marry. I say we err on the side of expanded personal freedom, and let God sort 'em out. Big Government isn't supposed to be for or against what two adults do in the privacy of their own home. Washington is in charge of Defense; the Church is charge of the soul. If you put Washington in charge of the soul too, you are creating the biggest government of all"

Here is a guy dead-set against it, but he has found a way to support it. I'm seeing more and more of this in the Marine corp.

Frankly, I don't care what two adult human beings do with their lives, as long as they don't bother me. If they cross a line and start to bother me or my children, than I defend myself as I would if anyone harmed me. I don't assume they're depraved or sexual predators or agenda driven (to convert children) -- I judge them individually, as human beings. [Conservative hate doing this. They love to create paranoid slippery slopes. They see demons everywhere -- Russians, terrorists, illegal aliens, liberals, and gays hiding in their closet, secretly infiltrating schools and hospitals.. Conservatives are truly scared people, and they need to have Washington enforce their morality because they're not strong enough to handle it on their own]

The sexuality of consenting adults is not my business. Republicans who want to put big brother in charge of consensual adult sexual behavior are proving something I have always known: Republicans want Washington in charge of the sacred. They want government in the bedroom and churches. They want big brother to enforce their morality. Sorry GOP, that's between me and God.

Republicans need government in their life, not me.

Attention Republicans: real marriage is sacred and has nothing to do with government -- so why are you so concerned with a government contract? Washington does not define love. Your sacred big government should not be granted full power over the sexuality of consenting adults. Washington does not define ANYTHING for the individual -- it just dispenses contracts. When it comes to the private behavior of consenting adults, government should be content-neutral as much as possible. Private behavior between two people is between them and God. If you claim that their behavior is not private, than stop peering out your window into their house. [Republicans are not satisfied believing in their morality unless other people believe too. They need Big Brother to impose their views on the free individual. Republicans crave big government. They are not strong enough to give the individual freedom. They are weak: they don't have the courage to let the individual make his own choices and be judged by God. They don't have the courage to defend their families without Big Brother's moral intervention]

Why do Republicans love Big Moral Government? Why do they want to put Washington in charge of everything?

When will Republicans let us have a smaller government?

Last edited:
So, as many of you know, Gay Marriage has been a topic that has had a lot of attention, and public outburst. Their have been riots for, and against it. I personally, am against Gay Marriage, but for Civil Unions. That is my view, but I, as a Christian, also have to say this to my fellow Christians out there.

I advise you do not participate in riots against homosexuals. They are negative, and they do not create anything but negative responses and negative acts. Why do it? I honestly hate having to say this, but I might be a young Christian, and I do not consider myself anything close to a dedicated Christian, but I can tell hypocrisy when I see it.

In the Bible, it says: Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Yes, I understand this is used a lot, but maybe for good cause. I use it to say this, if your going to attack homosexuals for wanting more rights, can we really complain when they attack back? How can a man complain if he throws a rock at someone, and they throw a rock back?

What is the basic idea of my Thread? Christians, I do not say support Gay Marriage, oppose it if you believe you should, but do not help ignorance & arrogance become the general conception of Christians. I have been to places where if you say "I'm a Christian" they look at you and slowly get out of the social area. Then I have been to places where "I'm a Christian" gets you a pat on the back, and a "How about them homosexuals?" (They used a different term.) You know what? The first is a example of how the second affects non-Christians, and other Christians.

I am sorry for ranting, just felt like I should at least post this to see if I can find anyone who sees this the same way I do. Sorry if I sound insane, I've been up all night on this new computer lol. Merry Christmas Everyone, and drive safe please :).
I think it's a simple matter o' everyone minding their own-damned-business; live & let live.

If everyone HAD a Life-o'-their-own....they'd be much-too-busy to be all-that-concerned about other-peoples' Lives.

It's always seemed (to me) that....those folks who're all-the-time worried-about what other people are doing, are doing-so to avoid workin' on their own Lives/issues.

(BTW....it's not your nation. It's still mine!!)

244.gif

Nope, it's ours :). I really like using color/size on text, makes me feel amazing.

Thanks for your opinion :).

Scripture battles, Jesus opposed everything that the Liberal-Marxist-Democrats do and propose. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

You made the claim that Jesus opposed taxes and described them as theft. Now lets see if your willing to back up what you say when challenged, or if you run away from your own words like a little fairy

We should re-define all words so they are acceptable to anyones sexual preference.

Just because homosexuals are different does not mean we should not use law and medical technology to make them the same.

You made the claim that Jesus opposed taxes and described them as theft. Now lets see if your willing to back up what you say when challenged, or if you run away from your own words like a little fairy

I would rather discuss why you prefer me as a little fairy, how do you picture this fairy dressed.

I made that claim, not aware of it, maybe you could show me where, better yet, show us where Jesus supported how the Liberals act today, your making a claim you cannot support, if your so apt to challenge others lets see you support your position, after all, if your intelligent the whole basis of your ideology is not the opposition to mine, you must be able to support what you state irregardless of what I think.

So how about providing the proof of what you contend not to be true.

You've been drugged by the Americanized version of fake-Christianity -- where the edicts of monopoly capitalism and rugged individualism are blended with a crude version of Old Testament "tough love" and read-into the life of Jesus Christ. Part of my thesis on the 17th century secularization of the European mind dealt with how America rewrote Christ in order to destroy the welfare state, and release people from any obligation beyond their own myopic and omnivorous selfishness (which selfishness was institutionalized by Ayn Rand, who, like Nietzsche, thought Christ was an evil myth designed to limit the power of the strong).

When it comes to the poor, Christ and Marx are much closer on the spectrum than you realize. [And yes, Marx was anti-religious, but he clearly stole his sense of charity and obligation to the poor from Christ.] Problem is: you've never studied a complete text by Marx. Indeed, you've learned about Marx from Conservative interlocutors, who cherry pick.

And don't take my comments as a defense of Marx. Sorry, but I side with John Locke and a minimalist state which protects individual freedom. I think Marx got human nature wrong, which means his economic theory could never account for incentives. I also think he got the inevitability of proletarian ascendancy terribly wrong. I think his system flows against the tide of human selfishness in ways that make it useless as a prediction, but helpful as a critique of capitalism (in a very limited way, e.g., the alienating effects of labor, or the nasty things sometimes done to workers to create "surplus value").

Listen, please. You are part of a growing number of uneducated Conservatives who are abusing terms like "Marx" and "Socialism" and "Islam" and "Muslim". You are allowing yourself to be educated by Talk Radio, television, the blogosphere, and partisan literature. If you studied the actual thinkers and theories, you might discover even better reasons to hate them - and -- more importantly -- you would be less likely to make such confusing statements about intellectual history. Win win.

Last edited:
I am against gay marriage personally but I feel for the country as a whole it should be legal in all 50 states (or 57 if you're Obama).

I wonder if there is gay marriage in any friendly countries (or our ally, North Korea, if you're Palin)

Hey, they just want to live and let live, putting food on the table (or put food on their families, if you're Bush)

Dumbass.

Forum List

Back