A sad thing I have seen in my nation

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, as many of you know, Gay Marriage has been a topic that has had a lot of attention, and public outburst. Their have been riots for, and against it. I personally, am against Gay Marriage, but for Civil Unions. That is my view, but I, as a Christian, also have to say this to my fellow Christians out there.

I advise you do not participate in riots against homosexuals. They are negative, and they do not create anything but negative responses and negative acts. Why do it? I honestly hate having to say this, but I might be a young Christian, and I do not consider myself anything close to a dedicated Christian, but I can tell hypocrisy when I see it.

In the Bible, it says: Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Yes, I understand this is used a lot, but maybe for good cause. I use it to say this, if your going to attack homosexuals for wanting more rights, can we really complain when they attack back? How can a man complain if he throws a rock at someone, and they throw a rock back?

What is the basic idea of my Thread? Christians, I do not say support Gay Marriage, oppose it if you believe you should, but do not help ignorance & arrogance become the general conception of Christians. I have been to places where if you say "I'm a Christian" they look at you and slowly get out of the social area. Then I have been to places where "I'm a Christian" gets you a pat on the back, and a "How about them homosexuals?" (They used a different term.) You know what? The first is a example of how the second affects non-Christians, and other Christians.

I am sorry for ranting, just felt like I should at least post this to see if I can find anyone who sees this the same way I do. Sorry if I sound insane, I've been up all night on this new computer lol. Merry Christmas Everyone, and drive safe please :).

I am against gay marriage personally but I feel for the country as a whole it should be legal in all 50 states (or 57 if you're Obama).

Times have changed and I think it's time to allow them to be as miserable as the rest of us married folks.

Marriage is nothing but a legal contract between two people that combines their assets and property.

As far as the fucking government is concerned that's all it should be.

It's time the government get out of the marriage business and out of the personal lives of people period.

Like it or not, "Marriage" is a RELIGIOUS union and has a definition. Two men or two women going through ANY ceremony doesn't make it "Marriage."

To "tolerate" this is to "tolerate" a sin God Himself called an ABOMINATION. IF you believe God is REAL, this ought to make you TREMBLE. NO nation has ever survived long after tampering with what we're tampering with--"NORMALIZING" this ABOMINATION.

As It Was In the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah
Fire From Heaven?

Yea, what riots. A thread thinly disguised and missed by most, more lies to denigrate Christians, more bigotry, more stereotyping to further divide the nation so that those in power can remain in power to protect us from ourselves.

Further, marriage is simply a word, nothing more, marriage has a definition. Why should we change the meaning of words to accommodate special interest groups.

Marriage is nothing but a legal contract between two people that combines their assets and property.

As far as the fucking government is concerned that's all it should be.

It's time the government get out of the marriage business and out of the personal lives of people period.

Marriage is the holy union in the eyes of God between a man and a woman, and I agree, the damn government shouldn't have a fuckin' thing to do with it. It's a religious thing, and the old separation of church and state rule should apply.

If homos feel a need to sanctify their butt fucking, then they should dream up their own religion that condones men sucking each others cocks and ramming their meat up each others ass, because clearly the Christian God does NOT...

Leviticus 18:22

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

A thread thinly disguised and missed by most, more lies to denigrate Christians,

That's what I thought when I read his post. It was an attempt to silence speaking the truth--equating DISAGREEMENT with RIOTS (THAT is what the Leftist nuts do).

Sorry, but we will speak against it.

I think the saddest thing I've seen is an entire political party pandering to the rich. Just the fact that a party's leadership could hold millions of Americans hostage, denying them unemployment just before Christmas simply to guarantee the top 1.7% won't have to pay their fair share us just awful.

And the worst part? 2.4 million jobs that the same party helped move to China from 2001 to 2008. And this party, the party of wars and lies, calls itself "moral". To bad there isn't a magical Jesus, because if there were, he would punish them for using his name.

So, as many of you know, Gay Marriage has been a topic that has had a lot of attention, and public outburst. Their have been riots for, and against it. I personally, am against Gay Marriage, but for Civil Unions. That is my view, but I, as a Christian, also have to say this to my fellow Christians out there.

I advise you do not participate in riots against homosexuals. They are negative, and they do not create anything but negative responses and negative acts. Why do it? I honestly hate having to say this, but I might be a young Christian, and I do not consider myself anything close to a dedicated Christian, but I can tell hypocrisy when I see it.

In the Bible, it says: Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Yes, I understand this is used a lot, but maybe for good cause. I use it to say this, if your going to attack homosexuals for wanting more rights, can we really complain when they attack back? How can a man complain if he throws a rock at someone, and they throw a rock back?

What is the basic idea of my Thread? Christians, I do not say support Gay Marriage, oppose it if you believe you should, but do not help ignorance & arrogance become the general conception of Christians. I have been to places where if you say "I'm a Christian" they look at you and slowly get out of the social area. Then I have been to places where "I'm a Christian" gets you a pat on the back, and a "How about them homosexuals?" (They used a different term.) You know what? The first is a example of how the second affects non-Christians, and other Christians.

I am sorry for ranting, just felt like I should at least post this to see if I can find anyone who sees this the same way I do. Sorry if I sound insane, I've been up all night on this new computer lol. Merry Christmas Everyone, and drive safe please :).

Yes, we must defend the sanctity of Michael Jacksons' heterosexual marriage to Elvis' kid. :cuckoo:

I think the saddest thing I've seen is an entire political party pandering to the rich. Just the fact that a party's leadership could hold millions of Americans hostage, denying them unemployment just before Christmas simply to guarantee the top 1.7% won't have to pay their fair share us just awful.

And the worst part? 2.4 million jobs that the same party helped move to China from 2001 to 2008. And this party, the party of wars and lies, calls itself "moral". To bad there isn't a magical Jesus, because if there were, he would punish them for using his name.

I've seen an entire party exploit the poor, war on poverty, trillions of dollars, for over 50 years and they're still poor. And the worst part, they continue to do it knowing that by adding more social programs that those people will continually vote for them.

The POOR don't pay an income tax. How do you give a "TAX BREAK" to anyone who doesn't pay taxes??? THEREFORE, the ONLY people you can give a tax break to is the "rich" (rich being defined as anyone making more than you).

top_50__of_wage_earners_pay_96_09__of_income_taxes.Par.0008.ImageFile.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, what riots. A thread thinly disguised and missed by most, more lies to denigrate Christians, more bigotry, more stereotyping to further divide the nation so that those in power can remain in power to protect us from ourselves.

Further, marriage is simply a word, nothing more, marriage has a definition. Why should we change the meaning of words to accommodate special interest groups.

Bullseye.

Sso what exactly is their "fair share"? Do the not pay a higher percentage of their income to the IRS already? If you make 25 grand a year you pay less than $1,000/year and if I make $1,000,000, I pay about $350,000 Why is that fair?

Hmmm if we accept your 2.4 million job number, why don't you place the blame where it belongs, on labor unions that price US goods out of the market place, or the millions of pages of regulations that cost billions to comply with?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I am against gay marriage personally but I feel for the country as a whole it should be legal in all 50 states (or 57 if you're Obama).

Times have changed and I think it's time to allow them to be as miserable as the rest of us married folks.
Absolutely, why deprive them of the joys of divorce?

The POOR don't pay an income tax. How do you give a "TAX BREAK" to anyone who doesn't pay taxes??? THEREFORE, the ONLY people you can give a tax break to is the "rich" (rich being defined as anyone making more than you).

top_50__of_wage_earners_pay_96_09__of_income_taxes.Par.0008.ImageFile.jpg

Only a wingnut would be dumb enough to think that the poor have no income and pay no taxes.

Sso what exactly is their "fair share"? Do the not pay a higher percentage of their income to the IRS already? If you make 25 grand a year you pay less than $1,000/year and if I make $1,000,000, I pay about $350,000 Why is that fair?

Hmmm if we accept your 2.4 million job number, why don't you place the blame where it belongs, on labor unions that price US goods out of the market place, or the millions of pages of regulations that cost billions to comply with?

The wealthy pay a lower percentage of taxes than the middle class does.

There should be no income tax, this debate is the perfect example as to why there should be no income tax. What business is it of the politicians to know what we make, how we spend our money, what business is it of politicians to divide the nation by using taxes against one group of Americans.

It is really sad when one believes his fellow citizen should pay more simply because of how much money one has.

I have a friend who pays easily over 50,000$ a year in property tax, that is more ten families in poverty pay, further my friend hires people to do his cleaning, his gardening, maintenance on his homes.

The debate is not that we all pay too much but who should pay more, yes, lets push everyone who makes more off the ship and believe we wont get pushed off along with them.

Classical Liberalism: Founders and President's Quotes

John Adams said, "There are two ways to enslave a nation. One is by arms. The other is by debt.”

Forum List

Back