A Sad Day Indeed

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
I think my PS2 is on its last legs. Yeah, I admit it, I never bought a PS3 or an Xbox or 360. My PS2 and library of games just did fine. I've played multiple seasons of Madden 05, killed a gajillion hookers and pedestrians in the 5 different GTA releases (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS), and went on multiple Final Fantasy quests. Good times, good memories. But now, my machine has problems rendering when there is a lot of elements on the screen and slows down, or I get goofy messages about the tray door being open, or sometimes it just freezes up.

I've had it for ten years, so I've definitely gotten my ex-gf's money out of it, It's like an old friend, but I can see there are fewer days ahead for it then there are behind. It's likely the end of my gaming days when the old gal dies, so it'll be the end of an era. I remember renting new games at Blockbuster and the local video stores for a weekend before buying them, game weekends with my friends before we figured out girls and guitars, magazines and tip lines giving way to internet walkthroughs, and just that whole progression of machines. NES, Genesis, N64, Genesis CD, 3DO, TurboGrafix, PS1 and then PS2. I'm sure there are a few others I've played and forgotten about. And the Game Boy, the only hand held I ever got into.

Take the cover off. Find some air in a can it's made for cleaning electronics. Blow around your board and your laser. Make sure you do not touch your laser just blow around it. Sometime dust and lint will get in there and makes it act crazy. Then I would reset it or restore it like a PC. Sounds like it's dirty or your encoder is going bad. If that doesn't help step up to a ps3 or ps4.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back