a sad day in england...a bit of laughter died

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
British actress Mollie Sugden, best-known for her role as Mrs Slocombe in the television comedy series "Are You Being Served?," has died at the age of 86.

Her agent Joan Reddin told newspapers Sugden died on Wednesday after a long illness. "She was a lovely, lovely person. She was a great professional," Reddin said.

With her hair highly coiffed and referring frequently to her "pussy," Sugden played the bossy Mrs Slocombe throughout the run of the BBC's innuendo-laden Are You Being Served? between 1972 and 1985.

Re-runs of the show in the United States in the 1990s gained her a new audience overseas.

UK comedy actress Mollie Sugden dies at 86 - Yahoo! News

I just saw this. I've caught AYBS a few times; funny, funny stuff. English humor cracks me up. We used to watch Butterflies way long ago. Quite funny.

Read that Karl Malden died too. He was 97; can't really complain about that, huh?

karl malden was a great actor....she was great too....i have watched british comedy for a long time...other than bootneck and roomy's posts

British actress Mollie Sugden, best-known for her role as Mrs Slocombe in the television comedy series "Are You Being Served?," has died at the age of 86.

Her agent Joan Reddin told newspapers Sugden died on Wednesday after a long illness. "She was a lovely, lovely person. She was a great professional," Reddin said.

With her hair highly coiffed and referring frequently to her "pussy," Sugden played the bossy Mrs Slocombe throughout the run of the BBC's innuendo-laden Are You Being Served? between 1972 and 1985.

Re-runs of the show in the United States in the 1990s gained her a new audience overseas.

UK comedy actress Mollie Sugden dies at 86 - Yahoo! News

Used to watch that show religiously.

That's just too bad. She was wonderful. :(

Forum List

Back