A sad day for Spain

wow. their society is perhaps different from ours. i don't think its the end of the world though. if i were catholic, i would be quite pissed i suppose.

-=d=- said:
...as it was in the days of Noah...

Hang tough brothers and sisters...

See i cant say ive ever read anywhere that this was a problem in the days of Noah. wouldnt surprise me if it was but i cant say ive ever read that.

this would never have happened if aznar hadn't been so stupid as to try to pin the blame on the madrid bombings on the ETA...even with mounting doubt and increasing evidence of Al-Queda elements being responsible

See i cant say ive ever read anywhere that this was a problem in the days of Noah. wouldnt surprise me if it was but i cant say ive ever read that.

The people of the land were wicked and lovers of themselves...Homosexuality is a symptom of the disease.

-=d=- said:
The people of the land were wicked and lovers of themselves...Homosexuality is a symptom of the disease.

Yes, i agree.

Im going to go on a tangent here but since I created the thread, I think im entitled to do as I please in leading it where i want it.

It seems like a major difference between liberals and conservatives are that liberals want to treat the symptoms, conservatives want to treat the cause of the problems.

Welfare for example. Liberals want to give hand outs to fix the problem. Conservatives want to strengthen families and the economy so they no longer need hand outs.

Aids is another example. Liberals want to hand out condoms to prevent the passing of AIDS. Conservatives realize that AIDS is just a symptom of a bigger problem, sexual immorality and thus encourage chastity and absintence.

Deficits. Liberals want to treat the symptom of deficits by raising taxes. Conservatives realize that the problem are two fold: overspending and slowing economy. Which is why Conservatives will cut taxes and slow spending to boost the economy back up to figures that are under control.

War. Liberals want to treat the symptom of War by refusing to fight. Conservatives want to treat the cause of war, evil men, by defeating them.

Outsourcing. Liberals want to treat the symptoms of outsourcing by punishing corporations who do it. Conservatives want to treat the problems of outsourcing by educating the people so they are more qualified and by creating incentives to keep companies at home.

The list goes. on im just too tired to write anymore examples.

i think the main problem that is causing all of these symptoms is the break down of the family. When the family breaks down, the rest of society breaks down. If children are not taught morals in the home, taught how to be responsible, taken and nurtured physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. we are going to continue having problems in society.

I dont think this is a problem that can be solved by government. the government can create incentives but I dont think it can fix the problems. The only people who can fix the problems that face society are you and me. The people have more power than the government ever has. Because even if the government is horrible we can still be virtous. we can love of families, children, spouse, parents. We can honor the family and take our responsibilities within it seriously. We can be the change in the world.

Even one person can change the history of the world. even the least among us because we can change ourselves, which will then influence a few people, who will then influence others and then those others can influence others. our actions cause ripple effects throughout the world. and they cause them through time with our children and the children of those we have effected.

I think that some people miss that eternal perspective sometimes. especially when it comes to sexual immorality. Many, too many, are very casual about sex, they are more worried about their own gratification then the fact that what may seem a casual decision can influence not only the rest of your life but the life of generations that come after you. I think thats why God has given us guidelines of chastity before marriage and fidelity after. Because it is a serious matter.

Anyway its time for sleep.

New Topics

Forum List

Back