A Romney/Biden Presidency?

Unlikely,but if it should work out that we have a Romney/Biden Presidency. . . .

• That could be a good thing.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • That would be very bad.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • That would end the republic as we know it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wouldn't be a problem at all. Joe already knows where his office is so just tell him to sit tight and Mitt will call him if he needs him. And then ignore him for 4 years unless some leader croaks and protocol demands we send a warm body.

yeah I would love that actually, just to see democrats RAGE with anger as Boehner casts the deciding vote for President and then watching Joe be VP would be hilarious....he cant do much, which is good, but he would be very very entertaining

I disagree.

If Biden gets to cast the deciding vote for himself as VP in a Mitt Administration, the ONLY way that could happen is if the EC is tied AND the SENATE is a fifty fifty split.

That means that the VP gets to cast tie breaking vote time after fucking time. And the thin hope of rescinding Obamacare goes flying out the window.

He's a babbling, bubbling, blathering, blithering idiot, for sure. But he also have a lot of opportunities to fuck things up.

Wouldn't be a problem at all. Joe already knows where his office is so just tell him to sit tight and Mitt will call him if he needs him. And then ignore him for 4 years unless some leader croaks and protocol demands we send a warm body.
well you can,t ignore your vp as he someone has to be in on some of the calls.

yeah I would love that actually, just to see democrats RAGE with anger as Boehner casts the deciding vote for President and then watching Joe be VP would be hilarious....he cant do much, which is good, but he would be very very entertaining

I disagree.

If Biden gets to cast the deciding vote for himself as VP in a Mitt Administration, the ONLY way that could happen is if the EC is tied AND the SENATE is a fifty fifty split.

That means that the VP gets to cast tie breaking vote time after fucking time. And the thin hope of rescinding Obamacare goes flying out the window.

He's a babbling, bubbling, blathering, blithering idiot, for sure. But he also have a lot of opportunities to fuck things up.
doubt it as romney still be the president at end of the day so he can make the call.

anyway i think unlikley this will happen that be 269 and 269 but you never know

"Barry! You're white!? What the fucking fuck???" -- Biden upon seeing Romney in the White house

Biden has no inherent loyalty to obama. It doesn't matter. Biden would be there gaffing away no matter who was president.

Actually I've always liked Biden. Not so much since he has been shilling for Obama, but basically I think he is a good guy. He is a pure liberal, yes, much moreso than most of us conservvatives can willingly accept, and never met a social program he didn't like, but he has lived a mostly principled life. One thing he and Romney have in common is that they are both teetotalers. :)

The problem with a Republican President and a Democratic Vice President, could Romney trust Biden to stand in for the President as the representative of the President or to present Romney's game plan competently or defend Romney's policies?

Biden has no inherent loyalty to obama. It doesn't matter. Biden would be there gaffing away no matter who was president.

Actually I've always liked Biden. Not so much since he has been shilling for Obama, but basically I think he is a good guy. He is a pure liberal, yes, much moreso than most of us conservvatives can willingly accept, and never met a social program he didn't like, but he has lived a mostly principled life. One thing he and Romney have in common is that they are both teetotalers. :)

The problem with a Republican President and a Democratic Vice President, could Romney trust Biden to stand in for the President as the representative of the President or to present Romney's game plan competently or defend Romney's policies?

I think Biden would work with him.

Do you think Biden, as President of the Senate, would use his influence to help Romney rescind Obamacare? Or reform the Tax policy according to Romney's plan that Biden has been condemning for this entire campaign?

Do you think Biden, as President of the Senate, would use his influence to help Romney rescind Obamacare? Or reform the Tax policy according to Romney's plan that Biden has been condemning for this entire campaign?

Keep in mind what Democrats mean by "working with them." The answer is of course, Biden would let Romney do it Biden's way. Why wouldn't he?

To Democrats, negotiation just means that Republicans are only doing part of what the Democrats want. When is the last time Democrats agreed to something they didn't want in a "negotiation?"

Once Biden started working with Romney none of that would matter anymore, I think he would.

Once Biden started working with Romney none of that would matter anymore, I think he would.

I would like to think you're right. I would like to think Biden would continue to be a team player even though he was drafted onto a different team. And again, I'm probably one of the few conservatives who does like Biden. But it does present some interesting dynamics:

The left has typically demonized both the GOP President and Vice President. And they love using cherry picked statements to do it. Would they do that to Biden, one of their own, if Biden chose to be a loyal vice president to Romney? I mean there are hundreds of clips out there of Biden demonizing Romney, Romney's words, Romney's plans/policies/proposals. If he had to do a 180 switch, how would that look? Would the GOP praise it or would they hold Biden in contempt? Would the Democrats accept it or hold Biden in contempt?

And if Biden stayed true to his stated convictions for the last four years, how badly would that handicap Romney in not having a vice president he could trust and depend on?

I would like to think you're right. I would like to think Biden would continue to be a team player even though he was drafted onto a different team. And again, I'm probably one of the few conservatives who does like Biden. But it does present some interesting dynamics:

The left has typically demonized both the GOP President and Vice President. And they love using cherry picked statements to do it. Would they do that to Biden, one of their own, if Biden chose to be a loyal vice president to Romney? I mean there are hundreds of clips out there of Biden demonizing Romney, Romney's words, Romney's plans/policies/proposals. If he had to do a 180 switch, how would that look? Would the GOP praise it or would they hold Biden in contempt? Would the Democrats accept it or hold Biden in contempt?

And if Biden stayed true to his stated convictions for the last four years, how badly would that handicap Romney in not having a vice president he could trust and depend on?

Politicians change positions all the time when they have to, I don't think it would be any different in this case. Once Romney got elected and Biden was his VP, he would have to make a decision to live with it or resign, I don't see him leaving the job.

Politicians change positions all the time when they have to, I don't think it would be any different in this case. Once Romney got elected and Biden was his VP, he would have to make a decision to live with it or resign, I don't see him leaving the job.

Well, in the entirely possible but unlikely event we wind up in that situation, I hope we can revisit this thread and pronounce you right.

Sometimes the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

It would be bad. With the state of partisan politics it's just inviting crazed assassins into the picture.

Forum List

Back