A Rogue Supreme Court

ah. so the intent is there, supposedly. do you have anything in the 14th amendment that shows such a limitation? does the word 'all' suddenly mean 'slaves and children of former slaves' now?
The author of the amendment and intent is easy to find. You have the internet.
by all means, quote me something by 'the author' that makes you believe that the amendment was limited in some way to just slaves.
i'll wait.
By all means, you can find the intent of the amendment very easily.
Nothing in the 14th limits it to just slaves.
The 13, 14, and 15th amendments are known as "The Civil War amendments".
So. Nothing limits the 14th to "just slaves."

The author of the amendment and intent is easy to find. You have the internet.
by all means, quote me something by 'the author' that makes you believe that the amendment was limited in some way to just slaves.
i'll wait.
super. and there are some who call me... tim
now, can you tell us what part of the 14th amendment you believe limits the scope of it to just slaves?

The Reconstruction Amendments are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments to the United States Constitution, adopted between 1865 and 1870, the five years immediately following the Civil War. The amendments were important in implementing the Reconstruction of the American South after the war.

i'll wait.
now, can you tell us what part of the 14th amendment you believe limits the scope of it to just slaves?

The Reconstruction Amendments are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments to the United States Constitution, adopted between 1865 and 1870, the five years immediately following the Civil War. The amendments were important in implementing the Reconstruction of the American South after the war.
again, that's super.
now which part of the 14th amendment do you think limits its scope to just former slaves

again, that's super.
now which part of the 14th amendment do you think limits its scope to just former slaves
The intent. Nothing in the 14th amendment was intended to make same-sex marriage legal and children born here of illegal immigrants automatic citizens.

i'll wait.

Yes, they were.

again, that's super.
The intent. Nothing in the 14th amendment was intended to make same-sex marriage legal and children born here of illegal immigrants automatic citizens.
So if you are arguing "intent", who decides said "intent." Only SCOTUS has that power, and we are bound by their decisions whether we agree or not.

You are arguing for an "activist" court.

again, that's super.
So if you are arguing "intent", who decides said "intent." Only SCOTUS has that power, and we are bound by their decisions whether we agree or not.

Intent is everything and intent is easily found by studying American history books.

again, that's super.

Intent is everything and intent is easily found by studying American history books.
You say so.

again, that's super.
the supreme court disagrees.

again, that's super.

You say so.
Yes, I say so. Five lawyers made an unconstitutional decision regarding same-sex marriage. Four lawyers including the Chief Justice Roberts agree with me.

again, that's super.

Five lawyers made an unconstitutional decision regarding same-sex marriage. Four lawyers including the Chief Justice Roberts agree with me.

again, that's super.

Five lawyers made an unconstitutional decision regarding same-sex marriage. Four lawyers including the Chief Justice Roberts agree with me.
they may have disagreed with the majority opinion but i very much doubt they agree with you.
doesn't matter though, you still haven't shown that the 14th amendment applies just to former slaves.

again, that's super.

they may have disagreed with the majority opinion but i very much doubt they agree with you.
doesn't matter though, you still haven't shown that the 14th amendment applies just to former slaves.
If you have read Chief Justice Roberts opinion then you'd know Chief Justice Roberts does agree with me because he very clearly stated that the constitution had nothing to do with the decision. You have one more activist lawyer than constitutional lawyer. That can be fixed in the future. This decision can easily be made according to the Constitution in the future.

Yes, Supreme Court Justices can be impeached by Congress.
So, a Supreme Court Justice can be impeached because they and four others on the bench have a different opinion on the meaning of the constitution than some in Congress? That is what you really think? Well, who decides that their opinions on the constitution are wrong?
The Supreme Court is actually exceeding their authority and doing unconstitutional shit now.
Supreme Court & Judicial Review

Well yeah, by design, and that's the whole point really. "Judicial activism" is always what those "other" guys do. And hell, all you have to do now is only hear, vet and seat your own party's president's nominations.

THE CONSERVATIVE PIPELINE TO THE SUPREME COURT
With the Federalist Society, Leonard Leo has reared a generation of originalist élites. The selection of Neil Gorsuch is just his latest achievement.
The Conservative Pipeline to the Supreme Court

What is all the yammering about?

The Roberts Court has shown no inclination to review the 14th and children citizens of illegal immigrants.

Forum List

Back