A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids in 2003

He's still lying, what will he say when they reveal he was juicing in NY also?

Ban the cheats.

He has been clean since the strict drug testing was enforces 2004 and after....mlb has the best drug testing in all of sports now

At least he had the ballz to admit it (No pun intended)! So many players, aka Bonds, Clemens and Big Mac, get caught red-handed and they still deny it and lie to the fans.

Bravo ARoid at least you manned up and accept responsibility!

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

like he had a choice, right? it was the smart thing to do, but i give him no points for doing it.

of coruse he had a choice...he could have gone the bonds/clemens route...how about give the man a little credit for owning up to it..

Let's also remember these results were suppose to be confidential and they got revealed to the public.

He's a retard

:lol:

A-Fraud and just about any yankee in history would give their left nut to play even HALF as good as Ted Williams did.
Not disrespecting the splendid splinter, but he didn't play defense well, nor did he run well.

Dimaggio was always considered the better player and they went head to head, Mantle was a much better fielder with a gun arm also, his own drinking and injuries killed his stats after 1962. The babe is in a class of his own.

Don't disrespect greats just to make a case.

the operative words in his post would be "just about". dimaggio was a better all around player than williams, williams was by far a better hitter, mantle was a drunk who destroyed his unbelievable talent (twisting his knee in a center field stornmdrain didn't help.
you're right about the babe.

At least he had the ballz to admit it (No pun intended)! So many players, aka Bonds, Clemens and Big Mac, get caught red-handed and they still deny it and lie to the fans.

Bravo ARoid at least you manned up and accept responsibility!

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

like he had a choice, right? it was the smart thing to do, but i give him no points for doing it.

of coruse he had a choice...he could have gone the bonds/clemens route...how about give the man a little credit for owning up to it..

Let's also remember these results were suppose to be confidential and they got revealed to the public.

He's a retard

uh, no, i won't, beyond acknowledging it was the smart play.

Wait a second. A freind told me today that the test results in 2003 were supposed to be confidential. It was before baseball started busting players for using. He was not supposed to be prosecuted nor was the results supposed to be made pubic. If this is true, someone needs to get sued. I think he has been rooked...

they were suppose to be confidential...thats why he went on katie coruic and said he neverdid them...he knew he had failed yet he was under the impression that they would NEVER be mad epublic and has been clean ever since

what would you do in his situation

Don't tell me A-rod hasn't still been juicing since '03.

The guy's got half a Billion dollars in baseball contracts in his career, he could easily afford whatever the newest product was that was undetectable. Some of these new substances are formulated to avoid puffing up like a blow fish, too.

His numbers have still been amazing since '03, I don't believe for a second that he's still producing just as good without them as he did with them.

It's a forgone conclusion that the extra bat speed you generate by taking steroids isn't going to stay with you after you stop taking them. If your body could naturally duplicate the strength increase from steroids, they wouldn't be necessary anymore.

not really

In the years he juiced he hit in homeruns
00- 42
01-52
02- 57
03- 47

total- 198 homeruns

since then with the exception of one year his homeruns haven't been near those numbers consecutively

2004- 36 hr
05- 48
06- 35
07- 54
08- 35
Total- 208

and thats with one more year of homeruns. You can see the difference

also take into effect that Yankee stadium is a hitters ball park with the short perches at the corners and Arlington is not a hitters best friend

Last edited:
I don't know, you may be right. The only difference is a drop in HR production, and he didn't exactly fall off the map. I don't give any of these guys the benefit of the doubt though, not a single one of them has earned it.

He already tried lying about it to begin with, to Couric. Only now that he's exposed is he telling the truth, because he has no other choice.

There's no credibility left.

they were suppose to be confidential...thats why he went on katie coruic and said he neverdid them...he knew he had failed yet he was under the impression that they would NEVER be mad epublic and has been clean ever since

what would you do in his situation

I would find out who spilled the beans and I would sue and prosecute them. But since he is already a Gazillionaire, I dout that he does anything. If he has been clean since 2004, he still deserves the HOF, IMHO. At least he fessed up, unlike Bonds and some of the other tainted stars. :clap2:

Don't tell me A-rod hasn't still been juicing since '03.

The guy's got half a Billion dollars in baseball contracts in his career, he could easily afford whatever the newest product was that was undetectable. Some of these new substances are formulated to avoid puffing up like a blow fish, too.

His numbers have still been amazing since '03, I don't believe for a second that he's still producing just as good without them as he did with them.

It's a forgone conclusion that the extra bat speed you generate by taking steroids isn't going to stay with you after you stop taking them. If your body could naturally duplicate the strength increase from steroids, they wouldn't be necessary anymore.

A guy experienced in training body builders called WEEI last night claiming that he had to switch drug testing labs about once a year in order to keep up with the new drugs.

I don't know, you may be right. The only difference is a drop in HR production, and he didn't exactly fall off the map. I don't give any of these guys the benefit of the doubt though, not a single one of them has earned it.

He already tried lying about it to begin with, to Couric. Only now that he's exposed is he telling the truth, because he has no other choice.

There's no credibility left.

The only one I give the benefit of the doubt to is Sammy Sosa. :eek:Did you see him when he started his career in TX and then in Chicago. He didn't change one bit! Also its not like he got caught cheating in other ways cough cough corks cough cough!

On a serious note if anyone can be deemed a roider by circumstantial evidence its Sosa. I mean he went from skinny as a pole to one of the biggest guys in the sport! He went from a speedy lead-off type man to a slow insane power hitter! For gods sake the man's head grew nearly 2 feet in diameter, that is not natural!

Baseball, a sport that I love, has turned into a joke. It seems like every superstar uses performance-enhancing drugs. This era is ruined and hopefully we can move on to the next one soon.

Even if A-Rod breaks the career home run record, in my eyes Hank Aaron in still the real record holder (and definitely not Bonds). Many people might not agree with me, but this is how I feel.

I really don't see why this should ruin baseball's image. The game was great before steroids, it'll still be great after.

Wait a second. A freind told me today that the test results in 2003 were supposed to be confidential. It was before baseball started busting players for using. He was not supposed to be prosecuted nor was the results supposed to be made pubic. If this is true, someone needs to get sued. I think he has been rooked...

The gov't issued a subpoena for the results shortly after they were finalized.

Donald Fehr, Major League Baseball Players Association executive director, said in a statement issued Monday that six days after the results were finalized in November 2003, "We learned that the government had issued a subpoena. … We concluded that it would be improper to proceed with the destruction of the materials."

MLB Union: Subpoena kept test results intact - USATODAY.com

i'm just glad that none of my beloved red sox, past and present, ever used steroids.
Nomar-Garciaparra.jpg

:eusa_whistle::eusa_angel::lol:

lol, del ...

It wouldn't shock me one bit if Papi is on the list.

The only active(ish) name left that would shock me is Schilling.

lol, del ...

It wouldn't shock me one bit if Papi is on the list.

The only active(ish) name left that would shock me is Schilling.

i agree. schilling's a blowhard, but i don't think he's a hypocrite.

mitchell should have resigned as a director of the red sox or declined the job.
i've no doubt that if the mitchell report was based on the word of trainers from boston instead of ny, there'd be just as many sox implicated as yanks/mets.

it just sucks.

Forum List

Back