A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids in 2003

ted didn't cheat-sorry.

he also has no rings....a sour note for any REAL red sox fan

a disappointment, but not a sour note. for any REAL red sox fan.

Are you kidding?

Die Hards are sick of that fact...the fact that one of the best hitters in all of MLB...and the most promienent player that ever wore the uniform never got a ring...specifically due to the fact that Joey D was winning them all. Maybe the newbie sox fans don't care, who don't cherish the history of the franchise but the die hard fans do.

that would be like me as a Yankee fan, never being able to say that Mantle, Joey D, Ruth, gherig etc... Never got a ring because the Red Sox kept beating them and winning all the titles.

It would most definately be quite the sour note

unkless..well thats right..

Red Sox fans don't worry about the past and only like their team when they are good like now?

he also has no rings....a sour note for any REAL red sox fan

Are you kidding?

Die Hards are sick of that fact...the fact that one of the best hitters in all of MLB...and the most promienent player that ever wore the uniform never got a ring...specifically due to the fact that Joey D was winning them all. Maybe the newbie sox fans don't care, who don't cherish the history of the franchise but the die hard fans do.

you have no idea what you're talking about. keep swinging though-maybe you'll get lucky like aaron boone.

Are you kidding?

you have no idea what you're talking about. keep swinging though-maybe you'll get lucky like aaron boone.

smells a red sox fan since 2004

sniff sniff

Are you kidding?

smells a red sox fan since 2004

sniff sniff

get your nose checked. red sox fan since 1960-would've been one earlier, but i wasn't old enough. season ticketholder since '73.

then saying teddy not having a ring doesn't bother you is ludicrous....it's just like me that Don Mattingly doesn't have a ring...

then saying teddy not having a ring doesn't bother you is ludicrous....it's just like me that Don Mattingly doesn't have a ring...

that's because yankee fans are whiners by nature. new englanders have more pride than that. ted williams' accomplishments both inside and outside of baseball need no justification by me. he was the best ever, even though he gave up 5 years in the prime of his career to serve his country. don mattingly isn't even in the same universe.

So what did Baseball do about this? Anything? The NFL would have supended players. Baseball is a sham...

There was an agreement back then that if they volunteered for the drug test, then MLB wouldn't do anything!

Who cares?

I do, because I don't like the guy. Same with Clemens, but in the end ARod made $250 million in 10 yrs from his contract alone, then signed another behemonth contract that paid him more money a season. Not to mention how much he gets in endorsement deals. Not only are his grand-chidren's future utterly secure, probably his grand-children's grand-children's future is secure. He bangs the hottest women on the planet. Well jealousy can lead to not liking that man!

that's because yankee fans are whiners by nature. new englanders have more pride than that. ted williams' accomplishments both inside and outside of baseball need no justification by me. he was the best ever, even though he gave up 5 years in the prime of his career to serve his country. don mattingly isn't even in the same universe.

I am not comparing mattingly to teddy...there obviously is no compairson....If iwanted to compare I would throw up joey d or mantle
Of course that would be the comeback because the sheer fact that he doesn't have any rings.

If Teddy had 6 rings unde rhis belt,...it would make talking about him that much better...unfortunately not having any rings is always an ugly shadow that rears its ugly head when in talks about him...to say otherwise is ignorant.

When I hear the name Ted Williams

2 things come to mind

best hitter ever
no rings

Don't even attempt to paint Yankee fans as whiners vs the Red Sox whine nation.

My entire life all the sox fans ever did was whine, I was actually happy they broke the curse in 04 so i didn't have to hear more of their unceasing cry baby shit.

On this topic, I have always loathed Gayrod, and yes, roids has tainted the Yankees in the lat 90s-2000 era, but I suspect a lot of other players are users also, starting with manny.

The game is severly hurt by these cheaters, gayrod, Clemens, all of them, they are a disgrace to the proud tradition of Baseball in general and the yankees in particular.

My Yankee heroes remain the same, the babe, columbia lou, the mick, joe d, even reggie. Love em or hate em, they played the game the right way, and I miss them all.

30477.jpg

That was a ball player.

Gayrod can lick my ass.

the salaries of th eplayers have a minimum effect of what teams charge for ticket prices.

Teams charge for the ticket price what they think people will pay...and people always pay

yeah...maybe he should go to Ted Williams family and ask to borrow one of his

o, nevermind

:lol:

A-Fraud and just about any yankee in history would give their left nut to play even HALF as good as Ted Williams did.

:lol:

A-Fraud and just about any yankee in history would give their left nut to play even HALF as good as Ted Williams did.
Not disrespecting the splendid splinter, but he didn't play defense well, nor did he run well.

Dimaggio was always considered the better player and they went head to head, Mantle was a much better fielder with a gun arm also, his own drinking and injuries killed his stats after 1962. The babe is in a class of his own.

Don't disrespect greats just to make a case.

Forum List

Back