A River Runs Through It

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
By The Prowler
Published 3/18/2004 12:06:48 AM

KNOWING WHO HE IS
Apparently overlooked in Wednesday's stories about Senator John Kerry's $5 million estate in Sun Valley, Idaho, was his most glaring indulgence. Never mind the 500-year-old English barn, each piece of which was numbered and reconstructed after shipment from a small town in southern England, or the quarter million dollars worth of landscaping on the property. Kerry saved his greatest indulgence to share with the taxpayers of Idaho.

After paying for all the landscaping on the Sun Valley property, the Kerrys determined that their water supply was not great enough to keep their vegetation thriving. And so the couple petitioned the state to have a small river redirected so that its waters could be used to keep their garden nice and green. The state complied, leaving taxpayers on the hook for the work done. The state covered the cost ostensibly to ensure that the river's redirection would be environmentally sound.

link

What a bunch of bs, I want a larger state income tax refund this year.

That's absurd. I can't think of any plausible reason that they would have approved this on taxpayer money, unless this was more of a 'favor' from someone.

Is it environmentally friendly to keep a large estate lush green in a state with little precipation, when in fact you only "live" there for a very little time out of the year?

Yet oddly enough we dont have enough money in the budget for tax cuts but we can use tax payer money to run a river through kerry's lands. That so makes sense.

If I were you, I'd write to the governor of the state and cc the white house. Ask him why the state felt the need to pay for that...

Senator Kerry is a pathetic excuse for a human being. I would love to know how many kids that money could have sent to college.

Oh wait, perhaps welfare recipients actually did the work then it would have been worthwhile!!!

Not a bad idea Moi.

I very much doubt any welfare recipients were involve in Ketchum. In fact it probably cost about 5 times as anywhere else in the state.

sounds like horse shit to me. guess they could tear up the lushness to put in sprinklers huh

Forum List

Back