a riddle...DK, DO NOT answer this

K

KLSuddeth

Whats greater than God, more evil than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you die?

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
Whats greater than God, more evil than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you die?

Nothing! :D

youre a teacher - not fair! LOL

My kid told me that and I admit, I was perplexed for a while LOL

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
youre a teacher - not fair! LOL

My kid told me that and I admit, I was perplexed for a while LOL

:p: Perk of the job!

I was thinking "nothing" at the first qualifier.

It took a few seconds to keep the concept near the end, though.

Good one!

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
I was thinking "nothing" at the first qualifier.

It took a few seconds to keep the concept near the end, though.

Good one!

Except 'nothing' doesn't fit....People can 'eat' nothing, and not die. I've had 'nothing' since about an hour ago, and I'm fine. People on feeding tubes aren't 'eating' by some definitions. I'd also argue it's not technically correct that the poor have 'nothing'; By the context established by the following qualifier (the rich need it), we can assume it's a reference to money. Poor people 'do' have something - at least ONE thing. Say..Clothes. Generally, poor people are clothed. Poor people can have intangeables too - love, power, hatred, joy.

The riddle is flawed - As your pennance, Lanyce, do Push ups...that is, if your arms are long enough to reach - uh...nevermind.

:p:

:cof: :cof: :cof: :p:

Originally posted by -=d=-
Except 'nothing' doesn't fit....People can 'eat' nothing, and not die. I've had 'nothing' since about an hour ago, and I'm fine. People on feeding tubes aren't 'eating' by some definitions. I'd also argue it's not technically correct that the poor have 'nothing'; By the context established by the following qualifier (the rich need it), we can assume it's a reference to money. Poor people 'do' have something - at least ONE thing. Say..Clothes. Generally, poor people are clothed. Poor people can have intangeables too - love, power, hatred, joy.

The riddle is flawed - As your pennance, Lanyce, do Push ups...that is, if your arms are long enough to reach - uh...nevermind.

:p:

:cof: :cof: :cof: :p:

Actually, if someone asks you what you ate, and you reply with 'nothing', then you have apparently consumed 'nothing', therefore, eating nothing will eventually lead to death by starvation, thank you.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Actually, if someone asks you what you ate, and you reply with 'nothing', then you have apparently consumed 'nothing', therefore, eating nothing will eventually lead to death by starvation, thank you.

People have been kept alive for years without actually 'eating'...being 'fed' thru tubes and what not. I ate 'nothing' this morning. Therefore I have violated the mandate that 'eating nothing will kill you'. I've been eating nothing for hours now.

Eventually, should I continue to partake in nothing, somebody would call an ambulance. While in the hospital, nutrition would be sent to me intravenously? or by other methods.

Agree with last couple posters. We have over analyzed 'nothing' for too long. :p:

Originally posted by Kathianne
Nothing! :D

Hey, that's a good one KL.:D
Way to go , Kathianne.

Seems obvious but, well, I didn't get it and I'm master of the obvious...:p:

Originally posted by -=d=-
People have been kept alive for years without actually 'eating'...being 'fed' thru tubes and what not. I ate 'nothing' this morning. Therefore I have violated the mandate that 'eating nothing will kill you'. I've been eating nothing for hours now.

Eventually, should I continue to partake in nothing, somebody would call an ambulance. While in the hospital, nutrition would be sent to me intravenously? or by other methods.

Well if you consume nutrients via a feeding tube, hyou are still consuming. Some presidents may constitude eating as being fed through a tube as well as direct intake via the mouth. So, if one happens to not consume anything for extended periods of time, they will eventually be deceased. Thank you.

Forum List

Back