A Return To The Bad Old Days?

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Andrew Murr and Jemimah Noonoo
Newsweek
Updated: 11:05 a.m. CT Aug 17, 2007
Aug. 17, 2007 - Police in Newark, N.J., continue to investigate why a petty robbery in an elementary schoolyard on Aug. 4 turned into a horrific triple murder. They suspect a botched robbery led gunmen to force three college students—Terrance Aeriel, 18, Dashon Harvey, 20, and Iofemi Hightower, 20—to kneel before each was shot in the head, execution-style. (A fourth student, Natasha Aeriel, 19, was shot in the face and survived.) Authorities have arrested one man and two juveniles and charged them in the murders, and they continue looking for two other suspects believed to have fled the state. But as the investigation continues, it’s clear that the three students—whose deaths made them the city’s 58, 59 and 60th murder victims this year—have also become symbols of a broader problem: a national resurgence in violent crime.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20320054/site/newsweek/

Just what we need, more violent crime. Time to go purchase some more rounds.

And make it into the wild west?

Maybe a more moderate response would be appropriate? Like judges not letting people out on bail who don't have a social security number?

I'm all for the law taking care of criminals, and I prefer that it do so. The sad fact is, the law can only react, except in instances of pure luck being in the right time and right place.

I don't think the law prosecuting my killer will be much solace to me. I'm not going to willingingly be a victim if I have anything to say about it.

it’s clear that the three students—whose deaths made them the city’s 58, 59 and 60th murder victims this year—have also become symbols of a broader problem: a national resurgence in violent crime.

No, actually, it's a resurgence in illegals, who were the killers. But Bush, McCain and Kennedy insist they are wonderful people who deserve amnesty. I say deport Bush, McCain and Kennedy.

I'm all for the law taking care of criminals, and I prefer that it do so. The sad fact is, the law can only react, except in instances of pure luck being in the right time and right place.

I don't think the law prosecuting my killer will be much solace to me. I'm not going to willingingly be a victim if I have anything to say about it.

I understand that. But in his case, a judge had one of the primary perps in custody. The guy was accused of molesting a child.... I think it was a 4 year old. He was allowed, however, to post bail, through a bailbondsman, despite the fact that he told the judge he had no social security card.

In this case, the law wouldn't have had to be reactive..... it should have been proactive and the judge should have done his job.

I understand that. But in his case, a judge had one of the primary perps in custody. The guy was accused of molesting a child.... I think it was a 4 year old. He was allowed, however, to post bail, through a bailbondsman, despite the fact that he told the judge he had no social security card.

In this case, the law wouldn't have had to be reactive..... it should have been proactive and the judge should have done his job.

i'll trust a gun before I'll wait for all judges to be competant

Whats even more shocking than the execution style killings..... The suspects are black!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/18/schoolyard.killings/index.html

"Godinez -- a 24-year-old Nicaraguan immigrant -- was arrested in Prince George's County, Maryland, near Washington, D.C., law enforcement sources said."

"Jose Carranza, 28, an undocumented worker from Peru, and two juveniles previously were arrested in connection with the execution-style slayings. All three have pleaded not guilty."

someone's racism is showing!

In this instance, I agree. No one who molests a child should be allowed bail. If it was MY child, for his own protection as much as society's.

Forum List

Back