A request...

With the 10th anniversary of 9/11 coming up...

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??... Just 1 day... Let them continue their crap afterwards... but I think this would be a great sign of respect from this board to the dead and the families of the dead from that horrific day

I, as do many Americans, pay tribute to the 9/11 victims.

I find it hypocritical that one is disrespectful of 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists by claiming they do nothing but dishonor those who perished that day, calling them idiots and stating their opinions are crap.
I am also fairly certain that the majority of 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists also pay tribute to those that lost their lives on 9/11.

If it really bothers anyone that much, put the 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists on ignore.

troofers and conspiracy theorists are just nutcases who deserve to be ridiculed for the losers they are. :cuckoo:

what i can't stand is people worshipping victimhood...

what if the tillman family had accepted the governments lies without question...

even in the voice of insanity you will find a bit of truth....

if you want to honor the dead in 9/11 isnt finding the truth one way to do it?

what if the tillman family had accepted the governments lies without question...

even in the voice of insanity you will find a bit of truth....

if you want to honor the dead in 9/11 isnt finding the truth one way to do it?

I definitely agree that thread-crapping topics specifically created to honor the victims of 9/11 with conspiracy theories is out of line. AFAIK, that's already against board rules and del has indicated it will be enforced. That all makes sense.

But the OP was asking for much more than that; that we somehow "keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting" for the day. While that would be no grave injustice, I do think it's going overboard. The implication is that the conspiracies themselves are inherently disrespectful to the victims, and that's what I'm calling bullshit on. That's an all-too-common technique used to silence social critics and I don't think it's a good position to take on a board dedicated to free, often controversial, discussion.

when one looks at all the bullmal the government has given everyone .....people need to question what is going on...any time ..any day...there is no day that we should not be seeking the truth

You want to "honor" 9/11 by suspending the 1st Amendment?

How about "No".

I agree...also I doubt the 9/11 dead read this message board.

Yeah, that's brilliant... Dead guys can't read.

Those who respect and cherish their memory can, however...

Again, the First Amendment was never at issue here.

Never said it was.

After ten years it is high time we grow up. I personally was tired of the fear mongering after a couple of months.

It was clear early on that "The War on Terror" was a load of bullcrap. 9/11 was a crime. It was a highly visible crime..but a crime non the less.

As far as the number of people that died...yes tragic..But 40-50 thousand people die in auto accidents every year...most from alcohol abuse..which is a crime... These people die every bit as violently as those on that September morning. We don't have a special day to stand silent in memory of the MILLIONS that have been victims of reckless traffic accidents even though your chances of perishing to this true everyday threat is a hundred thousand times more likely than being a victim of deranged religious fanatics.

The most important thing to "remember" is the arrogance and stupidity of the FBI as they let their petty spat with John O'Neil destroy our best chance to get Bin Ladin before Al Queda could carry out the crimes of 9/11.

It is important to remember that arrogant **** Barbara Bodine as she personally sunk the investigation of the USS Cole which could have also prevented 9/11.

Sure..there is much to remember. What should be remembered is that 9/11 was entirely unnecessary in that it was no secret and only our own stupidity and arrogance and negligence allowed the plot to proceed to fruition.

Remembering the 9/11 Victim Who Hunted Osama bin Laden - DNAinfo.com

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??... Just 1 day... Let them continue their crap afterwards... but I think this would be a great sign of respect from this board to the dead and the families of the dead from that horrific day
Diamond Dave, you have a good idea, and I hope it catches on. One way we can make it catch on is to honor the dead by (1) Refraining from posting conspiracy theory, troofer, and flamebait posts (2) Informing those who don't know about this 1st annual honor we will not answer conspiracy, troofer, or insolent speech or flamebaits one time. If they persevere, leave them to roll in it themselves. We don't have to spoil our moderators' time schedules that way, and it gives others their free speech too. Weak? Well, I know a book that says, "When ye are weak, then are ye strong." :redface:

Thanks for a good read, Huggy. I knew there were a couple of FBI agents who tried to warn others, but I didn't know what happened to them or who either one of them was. I'm glad you shared the link. There are so many parts to the puzzle of 9/11/2001.

Sorry, but no.

I'll take the shitty results of freedom over the great results of tyranny ANY day.

If you don't want truthers getting attention, skip thier threads, I know I don't bother with them.

Considering the only place where 9/11 conspiracies are discussed is in that sub forum, why would you even bother to click there on 9/11?

Why don't you just honor the victims and their families and refrain from viewing those threads for that day?

I don't get this kind of thinking. Private board or not, it's pretty sad that in America we want to censor someone out of emotion.

Forum List

Back