A request...

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
With the 10th anniversary of 9/11 coming up...

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??... Just 1 day... Let them continue their crap afterwards... but I think this would be a great sign of respect from this board to the dead and the families of the dead from that horrific day

they can say whatever they want, ms.... but this is a private owned place... not a public sidewalk... and I know if I owned this board, I would not want these people doing that on that day,,

not like I expect the powers that be to do it... but I felt I would put in a respectful request regardless

they can say whatever they want, ms.... but this is a private owned place... not a public sidewalk... and I know if I owned this board, I would not want these people doing that on that day,,

not like I expect the powers that be to do it... but I felt I would put in a respectful request regardless

Which is why it is good that the likes of you do not own this board. It wouldn't be what it is if you did...

Which is why it is good that the likes of you do not own this board. It wouldn't be what it is if you did...

Please, it's a request not a command.

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??.

How in the world do conspiracy theories 'dishonor the dead'?? Don't get me wrong, I've not yet heard a conspiracy theory about 9/11 that made a lick of sense, but those theories don't dishonor anyone beyond the nitwits who repeat them. I'm not at all comfortable with the concept of 'honor' being used to silence dissent. Supporters of the Iraq war tried the same crap on people who were protesting - insisting that anyone who doubted that Iraq had wmds, or suggested that invading was a bad idea, was 'dishonoring' our soldiers. That's just baseless demagoguery to silence those you disagree with.

Last edited:

Please, it's a request not a command.

I know....

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??.

How in the world do conspiracy theories 'dishonor the dead'?? Don't get me wrong, I've not yet heard a conspiracy theory about 9/11 that made a lick of sense, but those theories don't dishonor anyone beyond the nitwits who repeat them. I'm not at all comfortable with the concept of 'honor' being used to silence dissent. Supporters of the Iraq war tried the same crap on people who were protesting - insisting that anyone who doubted that Iraq had wmds, or suggested that invading was a bad idea, was 'dishonoring' our falled soldiers.

That's just baseless demagoguery to silence those you disagree with.

Thousands of American deaths is not "baseless demagoguery".

No one is being silenced. There is no material difference in privately reserving a day.

9/11 truthers and conspiracy theorists are free to post in conspiracy theories. they are what they are and everyone knows that. attempts to hijack other parts of the board will be treated as they usually are.

I know this board usually tries to keep the ability of everyone to talk freely at heart... but I think 9/11 is a special circumstance... can we have a concerted effort to keep conspiracy theorists and 'troofers' from posting disrespectful, idiotic conspiracy threads that do nothing more than dishonor the dead??... Just 1 day... Let them continue their crap afterwards... but I think this would be a great sign of respect from this board to the dead and the families of the dead from that horrific day

I think your heart is in the right and the request is honorable, but truly, unrealistic to think you can gets folks to comply.

You might try making your own topic that day to honor 9/11 victims and families and the heroes of the day and state that is the specific purpose for the topic. I doubt it can or will be enforced...but it's a thought.

lets honor the victims of 911 by posting about the evils of Islam and the murderous SHITHANDS that practice it!!.............FACT...THE VILE IGNORANT HALFBREED MONGRELS OF THE MIDDLE EAST DIG THE EXCREMENT OUT OF THEIR FILTHY ASSES WITH THEIR LEFT HAND!!!HENCE THE TERM SHITHAND !!

why is it that every anti Christian bigot is an Obama supporter ??

I, as do many Americans, pay tribute to the 9/11 victims.

I find it hypocritical that one is disrespectful of 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists by claiming they do nothing but dishonor those who perished that day, calling them idiots and stating their opinions are crap.
I am also fairly certain that the majority of 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists also pay tribute to those that lost their lives on 9/11.

If it really bothers anyone that much, put the 'troofers' and conspiracy theorists on ignore.

images

lets honor the victims of 911 by posting about the evils of Islam and the murderous SHITHANDS that practice it!!.............FACT...THE VILE IGNORANT HALFBREED MONGRELS OF THE MIDDLE EAST DIG THE EXCREMENT OUT OF THEIR FILTHY ASSES WITH THEIR LEFT HAND!!!HENCE THE TERM SHITHAND !!

Question: Do the halfwit 9/11 conspiracy theories evoke any more 'dishonor' than this kind of tripe?

New Topics

Forum List

Back