CDZ A Renaissance of Reality.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by THAI EXPAT, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,022
    Not all recognition and adherence to the truth can rightfully be called 'dogmatic.' A person can (as I have) recognize things that are true and remain open to change as they travel the world. . . And instead of having those things challenged, find them reinforced instead.

It all depends on what truths you are talking about and how one chooses to process and weigh any new information.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,175
    The closest thing to "truth" that we can achieve is the correct application of logic to facts as we know them.

As to religious beliefs, all we can do is speculate about the unknown. Those who think they know all of the answers merely display their own profound ignorance.

3. THAI EXPAT

THAI EXPAT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    What I see today, jwoodie, is a populat
    What I see today, jwoodie, is a population that knows everything, because Google told them so. That becomes their truth, and they are willing to kill those who propose another truth.
    Religion is an attempt to explain the unexplainable, in terms that can not describe that which has no material being.

For me, the truth reveals itself in ways I cannot apply logic or facts to. My Metaphysical side is my guide, then I go about proving or disproving what I KNOW.
    Logic only works on the physical. Last year I attended the Vegetarian Festival in Phuket Thailand. The name is misleading as Metaphysical demonstrations of faith take place, not just a food festival. People become possessed by GODS and defy the physical. It goes on for a week.
    I met a laborer, who was going to attend, and showed me a knife he had purchased to pierce his mouth thru both cheeks. The blade was about 4" wide and 18' long. I of course was skeptical and asked how he could work with his mouth slashed open. He just laughed and said he had faith.
    The next morning I saw him in the parade, and he had this huge knife imbedded in both cheeks. But no blood was coming out. I went back to the same place the next day, and he was there. I examined his face and only a small, scabbed over slit about half an inch was visible in both cheeks.
    This guy was no charlatan, and no money was paid him. He was just a laborer in a boat yard!
    [​IMG]
    Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2017 - Nine Emperor Gods Festival in Phuket

4. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    Show me someone who believes the government can conceive and implement solutions that satisfy "all the people" and I'll show you a fool. One can please some people some of the time. That's it. There will always be some citizens who are made worse off by the choices a government makes.

5. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    Excuse me? What kind of government exactly would you prefer? A monarchy or a "government of the people. ALL the people?"

6. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    What? I understand the question. I'm not sure it deserves an answer.

Her, yours, my and others' skin tone doesn't factor into what I might say or think of them, be my remarks positive, neutral or negative.

7. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    I agree with you. I wish I had a dime for every time I've suggested that someone "get out more."

8. THAI EXPAT

THAI EXPAT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Mr. Barnum. We all make sacrifices to live in a society.

9. THAI EXPAT

THAI EXPAT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Very naïve. Black people speak differently to people of like color, so do Whites, Asians, Latino's and aliens. The N word is a prime example, of Black to Black communication difference.

10. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    That's true. The very truth itself, however, must not be among the things anyone sacrifices.