A Recently Returned From Iraq Blogger

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
posts with mucho links:

http://iraqnow.blogspot.com/2004/09/great-american-gollum-democratic.html

Friday, September 24, 2004
The Great American Gollum: The Democratic Sellout
The Washington Post's Dana Milbank thinks that Republican campaign rhetoric is crossing a line.

President Bush and leading Republicans are increasingly charging that Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry and others in his party are giving comfort to terrorists and undermining the war in Iraq -- a line of attack that tests the conventional bounds of political rhetoric.

Well, Dana, the Kerry Campaign has already told the Australian people that they are a bigger terrorism target now thanks to standing with the U.S. on Iraq, and thereby strengthened the hand of John Howard's opponent, who has promised to pull out of Iraq if he's elected.

If that doesn't undermine the war in Iraq, I don't know what does.

Oh, yes I do. How about this:

Joe Lockhart is publicly and literally--using vivid language as suitable for soundbites on Al Jazeera as it is on CBS-- accusing Prime Minister Allawi of being a Bush puppet.

“The last thing you want to be seen as is a puppet of the United States, and you can almost see the hand underneath the shirt today moving the lips,”

Asshat.

This careless, undiplomatic, reckless and ignorant statement plays directly into the hands of those who would undermine the provisional Iraqi government.

Believe me, the insurgents and terrorists will use words like those against us, just as the North Vietnamese used John Kerry's public assertions that American commanders in Viet Nam were war criminals against American POWs at Hanoi Hilton.

This campaign has become cynical beyond belief. They are lusting after the Presidency like Gollum for the Ring, and are willing to sell out any friend and slither under any rock neccessary in order to obtain it.

Dana Milbank misses the point entirely.

The rhetorical line has already been crossed. The Republicans just happen to be pointing out the fact.

Splash, out

Jason

[LINK] posted by Jason Van Steenwyk : 10:27 EST, Friday, September 24, 2004

Funny, I know the activities with the Austrailia election by Kerry were bad but i dont think it clicked exactly how bad they were till this guy said it. great blog.

Forum List

Back