A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Another aspect of marriage is the promise of sexual fidelity. Many gay men do not consider this to be an aspect of a committed gay relationship.

Do gay wedding vows omit the part about fidelity?

Speaking as a gay man, Gary? Because otherwise I can't help wondering how YOU know what "many gay men" think.

Dear BDBoop, I have gay friends and gay family members. I also have read statistical studies which confirm my anecdotal evidence.

Do you disagree that gay couples have more extra-relationship sex than straight couples?

So why do you want to deny people who - I should think you would love - why deny them the right to plight their troth to their dearly beloved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QynZzHEhBmo]Devin & Glenn (SFW, censored version): Overturn Prop 8 and Make Homosexuals Marry! - YouTube[/ame]

The bill of rights only restricts the government. For example: The government can not abridge your right to free speech but your boss can, your teacher can, your parents can, etc.

Your comment reveals a very lack of understanding about our Constitution.

Study the concept of incorporation under the 14th Amendment.

You cannot use your lack of understanding to deprive other Americans of their civil rights.

I don't understand your objection. The 14th amendment protects individuals from state governments.

The 14th incorporates various of the ten amendments into a corpus of law, in which the federal government guarantees and enforces those rights. Thus, you can't discriminate against gays in the matter of marriage. It is only a matter of time before this is an integral part of federal and all state laws.

Therefore I suggest a reasonable compromise. Instead of re-defining the word marriage to include gays, we should create a new word to define gay marriage. I propose the word “garriage”. Gay couples can get “garried” while straight straight couples can get “married”. Many languages use different words for feminine and masculine genders. Some languages even assign genders for inanimate objects such as car or boat. In English we say him or her, he or she, count and countess, king and queen, etc. Since a gay union is technically different than straight union, there is no reason why we can’t use different words to define them.

Good God has it really come to this?

Speaking as a gay man, Gary? Because otherwise I can't help wondering how YOU know what "many gay men" think.

Dear BDBoop, I have gay friends and gay family members. I also have read statistical studies which confirm my anecdotal evidence.

Do you disagree that gay couples have more extra-relationship sex than straight couples?

Could not being able to marry impact that?

A committed relationship does not include sexual fidelity in many gay men's relationships. They say that physical sex can be separated from emotional love. They say that they are not cheating because it is just physical.This type of arrangement is rare in heterosexual relationships.

Your comment reveals a very lack of understanding about our Constitution.

Study the concept of incorporation under the 14th Amendment.

You cannot use your lack of understanding to deprive other Americans of their civil rights.

I don't understand your objection. The 14th amendment protects individuals from state governments.

The 14th incorporates various of the ten amendments into a corpus of law, in which the federal government guarantees and enforces those rights. Thus, you can't discriminate against gays in the matter of marriage. It is only a matter of time before this is an integral part of federal and all state laws.

I don't understand what you are saying. Please simplify it or rephrase it in a way that I may understand better. Thanks.

A committed relationship does not include sexual fidelity in many gay men's relationships. They say that physical sex can be separated from emotional love. They say that they are not cheating because it is just physical.This type of arrangement is rare in heterosexual relationships.

But cheaters abound, right? Let me tell it to you straight *hee*: It is NONE of your business what ANYBODY'S marriage is comprised of. Zip, nada, zilch. Unless you are a partner in the marriage? Mind your own.

Another aspect of marriage is the promise of sexual fidelity. Many gay men do not consider this to be an aspect of a committed gay relationship.

Do gay wedding vows omit the part about fidelity?

neither do a lot of straight men or straight women. Go to adultfriendfinder.....you will find a fucking ton of them. Whether someone cheats on their spouse or not has nothing to do with their ability to access the same constitutional rights as everyone else.

:lmao: boy do you underestimate the size of the heterosexual swingers community

But cheaters abound, right? Let me tell it to you straight *hee*: It is NONE of your business what ANYBODY'S marriage is comprised of. Zip, nada, zilch. Unless you are a partner in the marriage? Mind your own.

The expectation of sexual fidelity is an integral part of the "definition of marriage". This has nothing to do with cheating, this has to do with the fundamental definition of marriage. Just like "till death do us part" is integral to the definition of marriage despite that many couples fall short and divorce, but the promise and expectation of "forever" are part of the marriage agreement.

The expectation of sexual fidelity is an integral part of the "definition of marriage". This has nothing to do with cheating, this has to do with the fundamental definition of marriage. Just like "till death do us part" is integral to the definition of marriage despite that many couples fall short and divorce, but the promise and expectation of "forever" are part of the marriage agreement.

Your record is stuck. Newt Gingrich, hello. You can't spit without hitting an adulterer, or a broken marriage. It is IMPOSSIBLE to set ourselves up as the standard bearers. Gays are human. Humans can get married to their dearly beloved. Therefore, gays should be able to get married to THEIR dearly beloved.

The same can be said for heterosexual relationships. Infidelity is the leading cause of divorce

The purpose of marriage is not procreation as you claim but to force monogamous relationships

Hmmmmm

It is concluded that swingers surveyed are the white, middle-class, middle-aged, church-going segment of the population reported in earlier studies, but when it comes to attitudes about sex and marriage they are less racist, less sexist, and less heterosexist than the general population. Swinging appears to make the vast majority of swingers' marriages happier, and swingers rate the happiness of their marriages and life satisfaction generally as higher than the non-swinging population.

Today's Alternative Marriage Styles: The Case of Swingers. EJHS 2000

In 2007, de Visser and McDonald found that couples who swing successfully have increased communication abilities due to the challenges that this lifestyle inherently involves (such as jealousy). Each member of a swinging couple constantly needs to make sure the other partner is getting what they need, both out of the marriage and from the extramarital sexual experience.

Swinging Married Couples -- A Good Thing? | momlogic.com

In conclusion, the findings of this study are consistent with those of previous research on swinging that suggest that swingers have high marital and sexual satisfaction. Although there is still a strong societal disapproval of swinging and a belief that swingers have unsatisfactory marriages and are unhappy with their primary relationships, there is no evidence to support such a claim (Jenks, 1998). Swingers seem to be no different from other individuals in the general population regarding their basic demographic characteristics.

Swingers in this study have been engaging in swinging for an extended period and reported being satisfied with their swinging activities. Moreover, swinging may have far- reaching implications in its ability to add a new dimension to marital satisfaction.

The Swinging Paradigm

Seems that your position doesn't stand up very strong against the research

Your record is stuck. Newt Gingrich, hello. You can't spit without hitting an adulterer, or a broken marriage. It is IMPOSSIBLE to set ourselves up as the standard bearers. Gays are human. Humans can get married to their dearly beloved. Therefore, gays should be able to get married to THEIR dearly beloved.

Dear BD Boop, All I am saying is that it is a mockery to enter a marriage agreement without the expectation of mutual fidelity. Yes that is what the term gay marriage means to me. It means "mockery of marriage". That's just my opinion. I also think that swingers and cheaters and divorcees make a mockery out of marriage as well. making a mockery of marriage is a bad thing no matter how it is done.

Dear BD Boop, All I am saying is that it is a mockery to enter a marriage agreement without the expectation of mutual fidelity. Yes that is what the term gay marriage means to me. It means "mockery of marriage". That's just my opinion. I also think that swingers and cheaters and divorcees make a mockery out of marriage as well. making a mockery of marriage is a bad thing no matter how it is done.

We straights have done that all on our own for simply ages. Gays can't POSSIBLY do any worse.

Your opinion is noted (at least by me), however our laws and constitutional rights are not based upon your opinions. If you don't wish to engage in a swinger lifestyle then don't do it. But you have absolutely no right to define for others what their marriage should be and how it should work. That is true of swingers and it's equally as true for homosexuals who have the same right to access benefits and protections of the constitution as anyone else.

If that's the case.....how is the marriage of two people of the same sex who love each other and are faithful a mockery of marriage?

Hmmmmm

Today's Alternative Marriage Styles: The Case of Swingers. EJHS 2000

In 2007, de Visser and McDonald found that couples who swing successfully have increased communication abilities due to the challenges that this lifestyle inherently involves (such as jealousy). Each member of a swinging couple constantly needs to make sure the other partner is getting what they need, both out of the marriage and from the extramarital sexual experience.

Swinging Married Couples -- A Good Thing? | momlogic.com

In conclusion, the findings of this study are consistent with those of previous research on swinging that suggest that swingers have high marital and sexual satisfaction. Although there is still a strong societal disapproval of swinging and a belief that swingers have unsatisfactory marriages and are unhappy with their primary relationships, there is no evidence to support such a claim (Jenks, 1998). Swingers seem to be no different from other individuals in the general population regarding their basic demographic characteristics.

Swingers in this study have been engaging in swinging for an extended period and reported being satisfied with their swinging activities. Moreover, swinging may have far- reaching implications in its ability to add a new dimension to marital satisfaction.

The Swinging Paradigm

Seems that your position doesn't stand up very strong against the research

Swinging has never been the foundation of any successful society neither is sexual debauchery. This type of thing usually signals the downfall of a society. The family unit has always been the foundation of successful societies.

garyganu's arguments have collapsed constitutionally, socially, and culturally.

He is a hoot. :lol:

The great majority of Americans favor universal marriage.

The world of garyganu, predfan, and others is ending on this issue. True story.

Excuse me? when did my world ever exist? The world where logic, reason, civility, freedom, and liberty are available to all? When has that exised?

You don't know what you are talking about.

How was I not polite, logical, reasonable, civil, free, or liberal?

You will be able to practice your marriage form as you please. I doubt anyone will make you marry someone not of your own faith or sex. The fact is this: the great majority of Americans under 40 approve of universal marriage. That approval will continue to affect the laws empowering universal marriage.

Damn, do you even bother to read the posts you respond to?

I never said you weren't.

You lumped me into a group where i dn't belong because you are an example of what has made this country go so wrong. you won't listen to anyone else who doesn't share your narrow view. you lump others into broad catgories and never bother to hear their opinions at all.

If you even bothered to pay any attention, you would have realized that i'm not against gay marriage at all. tThis thread is about solutions to the issue of gay marriage. I posted what i though was a fair solution. If i had my choice, or if i was king of the US, I would make gay marriage legal and be done with it. But you probably didn't read this post all the way to this sentence any way did you?

You ignorantly lumped me into the anti-gay marriage group.

Last edited:
If that's the case.....how is the marriage of two people of the same sex who love each other and are faithful a mockery of marriage?

Because faggots don't have children, except the ones they get from others to rape. And, faggots aren't faithful or loving, either.

Forum List

Back