A Reason I like John McCain

Discussion in 'Congress' started by ReillyT, Apr 9, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,435
    So remind me, HOW does our Government work? I am incorrect when I point out that only congress can pass bills and that even if the President veto's them can over rule his veto?

Come on tell us all how it REALLY works. I am dying to be educated on this matter by you.

2. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I wish you were just dying

3. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,435
    Yup, ignorant comments from a boob and when shown his ignorance he lashes out.

4. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    No, just wish you would die so there would be one less asshole in the world.

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,435
    The only asshole here is you and your constant refrain that anyone that disagrees with you are morons and thugs. I sure hope your stupid ass never needs those armed thugs in the Army or National Guard to help you out. I mean since all they do is kill people and all.

Ohh and I am STILL waiting for you to explain how the President has the last word on the Budget? Congress has the power to override his Veto. THEY have the final say.

6. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    My post was mostly just meant to demonstrate how people in either party can appreciate the decency and good intent of those on the other side of the party, regardless of how you may feel about their politics. Consider it the anti-anti-Obama thread. It didn't really turn out as I had hoped.

7. TheGoodShepherd

TheGoodShepherd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I like McCain because he likes to be angry.

8. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Did you catch that quote the other night from MCcain? God Damn America, oh nevermind that was Obama's pastor....:rolleyes:

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,330
    It's the thought that counts. :cool:

10. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    First of all, I don't attack everyone who disagrees with me. That is just a lie. You attack me on a regular basis and I usually respond in kind. And you have yet to back up any of your claims. I guess with senility comes a disregard for truth.

Secondly, I never said that the law works one way or another. I stated that is seems as though the president has gained power over legislation beyond what the Constitution allows...but it is more partisan corruption than anything.

It is okay for us to have opinions about how things seem without having to prove something. When one speaks as though they are speaking as an authority (as you do) they should be able to prove their point with citations and links (which you never do).

When I do state facts, I back them up. When I state opinion, that is different. Do you understand now?

Go back and read my post again. Try and not be so against the fact that it was me who posted it and read what I actually said. Your problem is that you see the person who posted before you see the post and you have already formed a bias. Then you do not fully read it, you simply read as far you feel you need to read to attack that person. And it is not just me you do this to.

I truly pity you old man.