A really disgusting thread

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/131199-liberal-hippie-takes-over-discovery-channel.html

A psychopath takes people hostage, and idiots cannot help themselves to put a political spin on it.

It just disgusts me! :evil:

Hate to say it but I don't see anything unusually nauseating about that thread as opposed to a at least a dozen others here every single day. Same retarded assholes spouting the same mindless spoon fed garbage day after day after day, you know the drill. But what can you do?

My scroll wheel gets a good workout in this place. :thup:

No...there isn't anything unusually nauseating about that thread...it is just the typical partisan bullshit that we see every day.

I guess it just struck me more yesterday.

You're right, it is nauseating. But that's what passes for politics with too many people these days. Blind, ignorant rah rah bullshit. And folks who have actually shaken hands with an independent thought once in a while wonder why both parties are so messed up. :rolleyes:

hey, SPEAKING is a PROTECTED RIGHT

unless Zona disagrees with it.

Fox has the right to speak all they want. In fact, they went to court to get permission to lie to their viewers. Yes others have done this but they are "fair and balanced". Seriously, they still say they are "fair and balanced" even though they went to court for permission to lie.

Incredible! They report, they lie. Fox fans are fucking idiots. The Sherrod thing is another example of how horrible these "journalists" are. Did you hear about the 3 star general who came out as a birther? Guess what station he corresponds for? Guess........................(its fox of course)
again you LIE about this
you are pathetic

No need to spin it at all.

The headline should read

Man Takes Hostages Police Sniper Blows His Head Off.

The body of the story should be one sentence long

He deserved it.
i disagree on what the body should contain
you need to answer who, why, what and where

unless Zona disagrees with it.

Fox has the right to speak all they want. In fact, they went to court to get permission to lie to their viewers. Yes others have done this but they are "fair and balanced". Seriously, they still say they are "fair and balanced" even though they went to court for permission to lie.

Incredible! They report, they lie. Fox fans are fucking idiots. The Sherrod thing is another example of how horrible these "journalists" are. Did you hear about the 3 star general who came out as a birther? Guess what station he corresponds for? Guess........................(its fox of course)
again you LIE about this
you are pathetic

which part did he lie about? there was like four points about fox...

i believe suing to lie was about al frankens book
sherrod thing is debatable, but i thought breibart broke the story
and a 3 star general did come out as ab irther, but I missed his link to fox news

again you LIE about this
you are pathetic

and a 3 star general did come out as ab irther, but I missed his link to fox news

Don't know about the other two, but in all fairness it was a local FOX network station that sued for the right to lie in their news broadcast. In Florida somewhere, I believe. Don't really care enough about the details to look it up. ;)

Same parent company, same outcome, but if we're going to be technical it wasn't the FOX News arm of NewsCorp. But that's not exactly a lie, just a little understandable confusion.

again you LIE about this
you are pathetic

Don't know about the other two, but in all fairness it was a local FOX network station that sued for the right to lie in their news broadcast. In Florida somewhere, I believe. Don't really care enough about the details to look it up. ;)

Same parent company, same outcome, but if we're going to be technical it wasn't the FOX News arm of NewsCorp. But that's not exactly a lie, just a little understandable confusion.
exactly
and SEVERAL other news orgs all filed briefs in SUPPORT of that local station because it was a first amendment issue

but morons like zona want to make it like it was all and only newscorp

oh, and they didnt "take it to court"
they were taken to court and sued and lost, they appealed that and won

No need to spin it at all.

The headline should read

Man Takes Hostages Police Sniper Blows His Head Off.

The body of the story should be one sentence long

He deserved it.
i disagree on what the body should contain
you need to answer who, why, what and where

The scum sucking cowardly criminal (who) was shot in the cranium (where) yesterday (when) because he threatened innocent civilians (why) and got exactly what he deserved.

exactly
and SEVERAL other news orgs all filed briefs in SUPPORT of that local station because it was a first amendment issue

I don't remember all the details. I'm pretty sure you're right as I remember it. I still don't care enough to look it up though. :lol:

However it happened, the outcome is the same.

But it's a sad day when any TV news station cable or otherwise outright lies on its broadcast, then goes to the trouble to defend it in court instead of making it right. It speaks to credibility and ethics, two words that aren't associated with many forms of infotainment (I hate to call it news) these days.

I agree it's a First Amendment issue, but it should make people very, very leery of what they're getting when they watch or read news. ANY news. On tv, on radio, in print, and especially on the internet.

exactly

I don't remember all the details. I'm pretty sure you're right as I remember it. I still don't care enough to look it up though. :lol:

But it's a sad day when any TV news station cable or otherwise outright lies on its broadcast, then goes to the trouble to defend it in court instead of making it right. It speaks to credibility and ethics, two words that aren't associated with many forms of infotainment (I hate to call it news) these days.

I agree it's a First Amendment issue, but it should make people very, very leery of what they're getting when they watch or read news. ANY news. On tv, on radio, in print, and especially on the internet.
exactly
but some people think they can trust SOME sources without checking

not you, of course ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/131199-liberal-hippie-takes-over-discovery-channel.html

A psychopath takes people hostage, and idiots cannot help themselves to put a political spin on it.

OK... let me get this right.

Your upset b/c it is getting politicized?

I can remember Glenn Beck getting blamed for a murder.... Bill O-Reilly getting blamed for a murder.... all by lefties mind you, and you get upset b/c it was pointed out that the dude was a leftwing nutjob who was an ardent Al Gore fan?

Come on..... give me a break!

Where is Nancy Pelosi crying about the tone of the eco-terrorists?
:doubt:

If a rightwinger broke into MSNBC and demanded that they stop sucking Obama's manly parts... and the cops shot him. They'd be flopping around like fish trying to blame Mark Levin, Rush, Glenn, Micheal Savage, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and whomever else they could think of!

Last edited:
exactly

exactly

not you, of course ;)

Of course. :lol:

Actually I can't remember the last time I posted a source other than a link to a court document or some such. I'd rather spout my own hot air than somebody else's. ;)

OK... let me get this right.

Your upset b/c it is getting politicized?

I can remember Glenn Beck getting blamed for a murder.... Bill O-Reilly getting blamed for a murder.... all by lefties mind you, and you get upset b/c it was pointed out that the dude was a leftwing nutjob who was an ardent Al Gore fan?

Come on..... give me a break!

Where is Nancy Pelosi crying about the tone of the eco-terrorists?
:doubt:

If a rightwinger broke into MSNBC and demanded that they stop sucking Obama's manly parts... and the cops shot him. They'd be flopping around like fish trying to blame Mark Levin, Rush, Glenn, Micheal Savage, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and whomever else they could think of!
a better anology

a rightwinger broke into the FNC HQ and demanded they support the GOP more

;) YMMV

exactly

not you, of course ;)

Actually I can't remember the last time I posted a source other than a link to a court document or some such. I'd rather spout my own hot air than somebody else's. ;)
well, some people dont need to have a source to back up their own opinions

:eusa_whistle:

exactly

not you, of course ;)

well, some people dont need to have a source to back up their own opinions

:eusa_whistle:

But some people do.

As long as there are people who need their opinion reinforced rather than stick to reading the facts and making up their own minds, unfortunately nothing in the infotainment world will get any better. Telling people what to think sells. It's easy. And that's a really depressing thought.

Forum List

Back