A Real Expert Blasts Obama Administration

Cali Krugman is far better educated on economic matters than this guy.

Why do you take a history proffs words over a prize winning economists words on economics?

He is a right wing history guy.

Now why did you call me a liar for posting what the man wrote himself?

You are a liar because you said he 'hates' Obama. You provide nothing to back that up.

And, I know Niall. He's an internationally renowned History Professor. He talks in the context of history... not economics, you idiot. He uses history to draw likely conclusions. Why do you hate history?

See how that works? You can't tell the difference between History and Economics. I can. When it comes to opinions about Egypt, I'll go with the history - because we learn a lot from the past.

If we were talking about the economy of Egypt, I would seek the opinions of Economists. That's how intelligent people form opinions. We don't just lie about someone because we dislike what they say.... that is not logical. I am logical. You, on the other hand, are an illiterate fool.

Prove he doesnt hate Obama.

:lol: You made the accusation, you prove it. Isn't that how it works? Now, you and I both know that you cannot prove it.... and, since you assert that anyone who cannot prove their opinion is a liar, you are a liar. Live with it.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy is praying for another 9/11.

Which clip did you watch? The guy is an internationally well respected historian. Is it that you don't like what he had to say that makes you seek to find some way to dismiss his thoughts?

He sounds like a dyed in the wool PNAC'er. He makes a couple of good points but offers no real counter points to the way things unfolded. And the only way to stop the protests was to let the Mubarak regime silence the press and engage in a crackdown.

Niall Ferguson Blasts Barack Obama For Failed Egypt Foreign Policy...

This guy puts it all in perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhaAO2Q17c

Lefties: what did we tell you about 'on the job training'?

Still waitin' for that apology.

What a load of partisan blather.

This guy is so clueless that responding to his nonsense is pointless.

Obama is not in charge, lad.

Wake up.

I do believe the OP is a "lass" and from what I understand..a rather attractive one. Be that as it may..I find it interesting that the same people that go on and on about foreign influence in our laws and state rights..have no trouble putting up a foreigner who says we should be interfering in the internal conflicts of another country.

Wake up.

I do believe the OP is a "lass" and from what I understand..a rather attractive one. Be that as it may..I find it interesting that the same people that go on and on about foreign influence in our laws and state rights..have no trouble putting up a foreigner who says we should be interfering in the internal conflicts of another country.

as long as it confirms their bias, it is called critical thinking by real experts.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy is praying for another 9/11.

Which clip did you watch? The guy is an internationally well respected historian. Is it that you don't like what he had to say that makes you seek to find some way to dismiss his thoughts?

He sounds like a dyed in the wool PNAC'er. He makes a couple of good points but offers no real counter points to the way things unfolded. And the only way to stop the protests was to let the Mubarak regime silence the press and engage in a crackdown.

His point was that we should not be too quick to celebrate this 'democracy' in Egypt.... because it does not exist. And he uses historic reference to suggest that it may be a worse regime than the previous one.

What I find interesting is how the left are screaming about the man instead of addressing the points he made. You are the first to actually provide some rational discussion on it. I'm more than impressed!! We may disagree on the content but total respect to you for using logic instead of partisan bitching. If I had rep, you'd get it for that post. You'll have to remind me later that I owe you. :eusa_angel:

Wake up.

He was commenting on Obama's handling of the situation. I don't think Niall's nationality is of any consequence. He's an expert on the history of the region.

I believe Niall is a republican who doesnt like Obama.

He seems to have no kind words for him even when most of the world thinks Obama handled this well.

Wake up.

He was commenting on Obama's handling of the situation. I don't think Niall's nationality is of any consequence. He's an expert on the history of the region.

what exactly makes ferguson an expert in the "region".

cite his research.

Sorry, truthdon'tmatter.... you're still a liar. There is no quote from him in that video saying that he 'hates Obama'.

Always a textualist..eh?

His first words map "Radical Islamists" and "Liberal Europeans" in one boat.

I'm in the mind he doesn't much like either.

You?

No, I'm just holding truthdon'tmatter to the same standard that she holds others to. I've lost count of the number of people she's accused of lying for doing exactly what she did.

I didn't pay much attention to the content of the video.... I was just looking for the phrase 'I hate Obama'.... which was her 'point'.

This thread is not about that video, it's about the first one. Which is an academic's view of Obama's handling of the Egypt situation. And.... it just happens to coincide with what many of us have been saying all along.

His point was that we should not be too quick to celebrate this 'democracy' in Egypt.... because it does not exist. And he uses historic reference to suggest that it may be a worse regime than the previous one.

What I find interesting is how the left are screaming about the man instead of addressing the points he made. You are the first to actually provide some rational discussion on it. I'm more than impressed!! We may disagree on the content but total respect to you for using logic instead of partisan bitching. If I had rep, you'd get it for that post. You'll have to remind me later that I owe you. :eusa_angel:

Sorry..I didn't hear the same thing. I did hear alot of blame going around. And anyone who calls Bob Gates "second rate" doesn't know Gates. I have a great deal of respect for him and Jim Baker (Who I always thought was one of the smartest men in the room). I also think Secretary Hillary Clinton is doing a fine job.

There are a couple of points, like I previously posted, that were what I agree with..like revolutions seldom have good outcomes. However, Egypt is a little different. And it's as silly to speculate that it will have a bad outcome as it is to speculate it will have a good outcome. Personally, I am cautiously optimistic. Part of that stems from the fact there is so much American press there..and Egypt recieves a good deal of cash from America. Something they are loathe to give up.

Cali knows him

I do indeed. He's a really nice guy. And, while I've never asked him directly whether he 'hates' Obama, I would presume that he's too intelligent to 'hate' someone just because he disagrees with that person's politics. It's the illiterate morons, like you, who do that.

Wake up.

as long as it confirms their bias, it is called critical thinking by real experts.
The guy is an expert on US foreign policy...:lol:

what exactly makes ferguson an expert in the "region".

cite his research.
I'd like to see it, too.

From what I understand his area of "expertise" is British colonialism. And he apparently is a PNACer as Sallow alluded to somewhere up the thread.

Forum List

Back