A Real Expert Blasts Obama Administration

You can stand on your head and whistle Dixie, PC, but it does not change the fact that Obama did a brilliant job and the outcome is something any freedom-loving person should be celebrating.

Got any more fairy tales for us this morning?

You're celebrating a military dictatorship imposing Martial Law? WOW!

The problem, for the intellectually challenged, is that they can't cope with anything that does not fit with their HuffPuff Opinions.

Fairy tales.... that's about the level of intellect from Mad. She believes the fairy tales - as long as they come in simplistic language from a source she recognizes. But, get a real, honest to goodness expert that says something outside her narrow-minded view and she cannot deal with it.

Ferguson is the least likely to opine what he does not have evidence to support. Unlike Maddie who makes shit up and then argues it to death.

ferguson is very likely to argue history he cannot support.

it is called virtual history.

Niall Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Economic policyIn its August 15, 2005 edition, The New Republic published "The New New Deal", an essay by Ferguson and Laurence J. Kotlikoff, a Professor of Economics at Boston University. The two scholars called for the following changes to the American government's fiscal and income security policies:

Replacing the personal income tax, corporate income tax, FICA payroll tax, estate tax, and gift tax with a 33% Federal Retail Sales Tax (FRST), plus a monthly rebate, amounting to the FRST a household with similar demographics would pay if its income were at the poverty line. See also: FairTax;
Replacing the Old Age benefits paid under Social Security with a Personal Security System, consisting of private retirement accounts for all citizens, plus a government benefit payable to those whose savings were insufficient to afford a minimum retirement income;
Replacing Medicare and Medicaid with a Medical Security System that would provide health insurance vouchers to all citizens, the value of which would be determined by one's health;
Cutting federal discretionary spending by 20%.

The guy is a right wing history proff.

Why would anyone be surprized he hates Obama.

Last edited:
I have no idea who this Ferguson guy is, nor do I give a shit. I understand conservatives are butt hurt that the people of Egypt sought and obtained freedom.

I just dun understand how whiney conservatives can stomach their own hypocrisy.

Paul Krugman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Krugman earned his B.A. in economics from Yale University in 1974 and his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1977. While at MIT he was part of a small group of MIT students sent to work for the Central Bank of Portugal for three months in summer 1976, in the chaotic aftermath of the Carnation Revolution.[20] From 1982 to 1983, he spent a year working at the Reagan White House as a staff member of the Council of Economic Advisers. He taught at Yale University, MIT, UC Berkeley, the London School of Economics, and Stanford University before joining Princeton University in 2000 as professor of economics and international affairs. He is also currently a centenary professor at the London School of Economics, and a member of the Group of Thirty international economic body. He has been a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research since 1979.[21]

This guy is a far more capable economics expert

Last edited:
I have no idea who this Ferguson guy is, nor do I give a shit. I understand conservatives are butt hurt that the people of Egypt sought and obtained freedom.

Martial law isn't freedom. Let's wait and see if and when elections are held before we celebrate too much.

Krugman earned his B.A. in economics from Yale University in 1974 and his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1977. While at MIT he was part of a small group of MIT students sent to work for the Central Bank of Portugal for three months in summer 1976, in the chaotic aftermath of the Carnation Revolution.[20] From 1982 to 1983, he spent a year working at the Reagan White House as a staff member of the Council of Economic Advisers. He taught at Yale University, MIT, UC Berkeley, the London School of Economics, and Stanford University before joining Princeton University in 2000 as professor of economics and international affairs. He is also currently a centenary professor at the London School of Economics, and a member of the Group of Thirty international economic body. He has been a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research since 1979.[21]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Krugman's Arguments Are So Nonsensical, He Should Give His Nobel Prize Back

Martial Law is exactly what Egypt needs right now. They have no real government in place.
It takes awhile to set elections up. It tales awhile for ideologies to choose their candidates.
The country needs some type of governing or chaos will reign and open the door for radicals.
Again, many people are making way too much about the Egyptian military and Martial Law.

Ferguson is a Professor of History, not economics, you moron. He's talking about the likelihood of a democracy emerging. Which is relevant to his area of expertise.

And, for the record, and if you look at his website, there is no evidence that he 'hates Obama' or supports any particular US political party. I've heard the guy speak.... more than once.... I have no idea what his personal politics are but I am not at all surprised that the left would seek to lie about him and hang him. After all, he points out actual facts and demonstrates why it is too early to pat Obama on the back on the Egypt situation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Krugman's Arguments Are So Nonsensical, He Should Give His Nobel Prize Back

Peter Schiff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political careerSchiff was an economic adviser to Ron Paul's 2008 presidential campaign. In support of Paul's economic revitalization plan, he said: "We need a plan that stimulates savings and production, not more of the reckless borrowing and consumption that got us into this mess in the first place. Ron Paul's plan is the only one that amounts to a step in the right direction. If you want meaningful change—for the better that is—Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of delivering it."

The guy who wrote that is not very unbiased and has money to gain from his precious metals business if the economy keep s floundering.

He is a politicain.
Peter David Schiff (pronounced /ˈʃɪf/; born March 23, 1963) is an American investment broker, author, financial commentator, and was a candidate in the 2010 Republican primary for the United States Senate seat from Connecticut.[12]

Schiff is CEO and chief global strategist[1] of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a broker-dealer based in Westport, Connecticut[13] and CEO of Euro Pacific Precious Metals, LLC, a gold and silver dealer based in New York City.[14] He frequently appears as a guest on CNBC, Fox News, and Bloomberg Television and is often quoted in major financial publications[15] and is a frequent guest on internet radio[16][17][18] as well as the host of the former podcast Wall Street Unspun,[19] which is now broadcast on terrestrial radio and known as The Peter Schiff Show.[16]

Last edited:

Martial law is 'freedom' to you? Interesting concept of 'freedom' you have, Moron.

Economic policyIn its August 15, 2005 edition, The New Republic published "The New New Deal", an essay by Ferguson and Laurence J. Kotlikoff, a Professor of Economics at Boston University. The two scholars called for the following changes to the American government's fiscal and income security policies:

Replacing the personal income tax, corporate income tax, FICA payroll tax, estate tax, and gift tax with a 33% Federal Retail Sales Tax (FRST), plus a monthly rebate, amounting to the FRST a household with similar demographics would pay if its income were at the poverty line. See also: FairTax;
Replacing the Old Age benefits paid under Social Security with a Personal Security System, consisting of private retirement accounts for all citizens, plus a government benefit payable to those whose savings were insufficient to afford a minimum retirement income;
Replacing Medicare and Medicaid with a Medical Security System that would provide health insurance vouchers to all citizens, the value of which would be determined by one's health;

Liar.

You can stand on your head and whistle Dixie, PC, but it does not change the fact that Obama did a brilliant job and the outcome is something any freedom-loving person should be celebrating.

Got any more fairy tales for us this morning?

You're celebrating a military dictatorship imposing Martial Law? WOW!

Of course not, asterism. I hope -- and I expect -- that Egypt will hold free elections soon. Frankly, I think it is best the opposition did not insist on installing a new leader immediately -- that's how Iran got the Ayatollah Khoumeni.

Rather than a fairy tale, Maddy, how about I educate you...this is what our President calls a teachable moment.

1. In his masterful tome, " Applied Economics," Dr. Thomas Sowell skewers exactly the kind of thinking that you represent. Dr. Sowell takes the key political issues and challenges one to move beyond their short term (Stage One) thinking,but to think ahead to their long term (Stage Two, Three, etc) impact.

As you so clearly show, our liberal friends do not think beyond Stage One, and their usual echo chamber provides the expected praise. That is the indicated correspondence between you, and Mika (in the vid.).

2. If you had the ability to invest terms such as 'democracy' with the subtlety and nuance necessary, you might consider the fact that
a) democracy might not mean the same thing in Egypt as it does in the United States
b) some folks might need preparation in order to use democracy correctly.

Here, consider this:

"One shouldn’t cherry-pick facts to fit an agenda. The study does say that radicals “believe in democracy even more than many of the mainstream moderates do.” But does anyone really think we’re operating with a consistent definition of democracy here? The Muslim Brotherhood, for example, makes claims to be democratic, yet its leaders-for-life are not elected, the organization boasts a doctrine of female subordination, and it calls for the death of apostates. Kind of a big-government democracy, I suppose."

Muslim Survey “Challenges” West « Commentary Magazine

So, you see, your post requires that you be held accountable much later when the long term consequences appear.

As an example of what may be happening, let me add, as a kind of post-junior-high-school education, the considerations of Dr. Abbas Milani the Director of the Iranian Studies Program at Stanford University.

He writes about the pre-revolution in Iran:

a. Due to the American pressure, the Shah launched a series of reforms, known as the White Revolution, in 1963. This included many American ideas for modernization, such as a) land reform, b) modernization of infrastructure including railroads, c) education, d) enfranchising women, e) urbanization, f) encouragement of a class of technocrats and competent bureaucrats, etc. tried (unsuccessfully) to enable Iran’s religious minorities—principally Baha’is, Jews, and Christians—to take the oath of office on a holy book of their own choosing.

b. The conservative clergy viewed the White Revolution as an affront to Islam and a dangerous move toward Western modernity: Ayatollah Khomeini immediately denounced the proposed reforms, led the clerical opposition

The point, in case you have difficlulty in following, is that preparation in terms of education and other material changes were necessary to prepare for democracy....and that, even so, the reactions of the clergy in this Islamic nation were unexpected...and led to the Islamic Revolution, in 1979.

Futher, the democratic voting that led to Hamas' victory in Gaza, were followed by the banning of elections.

Do you feel 'smarter' now? Or, just as progressive?

Niall Ferguson Blasts Barack Obama For Failed Egypt Foreign Policy...

This guy puts it all in perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhaAO2Q17c

Lefties: what did we tell you about 'on the job training'?

Still waitin' for that apology.

What a load of partisan blather.

This guy is so clueless that responding to his nonsense is pointless.

Obama is not in charge, lad.

Wake up.

Partisan? He's not even an American, yet alone a conservative. :lol: He's an academic.... from Harvard, and Oxford... and one of the most respected historians around. He speaks at global security conferences, and the UK Government (both before and after their recent elections.... so both their 'left' and 'right') take him seriously. He is, in short, a world renown expert.

I would challenge you to point out where he said anything that was not historically accurate, and how that history informs his opinion of the current situation in Egypt.

You got something right. If he's an academic, then he's NOT a conservative. Finally, something we can agree on.

This is the winner in the contest for bumper-sticker explanation for liberal so-called thinking:

"I have no idea who this (fill in any name) guy is, nor do I give a shit."

Liar.

He wrote these things Cali, prove he did not write them.

What a load of partisan blather.

This guy is so clueless that responding to his nonsense is pointless.

Obama is not in charge, lad.

Wake up.

Partisan? He's not even an American, yet alone a conservative. :lol: He's an academic.... from Harvard, and Oxford... and one of the most respected historians around. He speaks at global security conferences, and the UK Government (both before and after their recent elections.... so both their 'left' and 'right') take him seriously. He is, in short, a world renown expert.

I would challenge you to point out where he said anything that was not historically accurate, and how that history informs his opinion of the current situation in Egypt.

You got something right. If he's an academic, then he's NOT a conservative. Finally, something we can agree on.

He's an internationally renowned academic. As a Professor of History, his personal political views are of no consequence to his research and the opinions he forms based on that research. If you were vaguely intelligent, you would know that.

And, even if he were a conservative - he would be a British Conservative - which is not the same thing as what Americans view as 'conservative'.

The problem with many lefties on this board is that they appear incapable of critical thinking. They don't like what someone says so they make ridiculous claims about the person. How stupid are 'you people'?

Liar.

He wrote these things Cali, prove he did not write them.

Of course he wrote them. So what? Where in anything he's written does he claim he 'hates' Obama? What a fucking fool you are.... anyone who disagrees with your pathetically simplistic world view 'hates' Obama. Why do you have to be such an unthinking fool?

Everything he said in that interview was factually accurate..... and his opinions are based on history.... of which he is very knowledgeable. I am tired of your hysteria over everyone who disagrees with your fucking Messiah being accused of 'hate'.

Employ some critical thinking.

Cali Krugman is far better educated on economic matters than this guy.

Why do you take a history proffs words over a prize winning economists words on economics?

He is a right wing history guy.

Now why did you call me a liar for posting what the man wrote himself?

Forum List

Back