A Real Expert Blasts Obama Administration

That he is currently working at the LSE (London School of Economics) as the Phillippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs, for 2010-11 should - to anyone with anything over a basic grasp of academia, evidence his substantial experience. He is also a regular speaker at conferences around the world on subjects surrounding international relations.

I can understand why you want to shoot the messenger but it's a fail. His advice is sought by both EU and US governments. They - even this Administration - considers him an expert. Perhaps that is not sufficient for you..... because you don't like what he said.... but, everyone with an interest in International Relations knows Professor Ferguson and respects his opinions.

that does not make him an expert in the history of egypt.

the guy is an expert in something, alright.

look up his biography and his publications once more, maybe you can find it out.

and try to not confuse critical thinking with confirmation bias, you need an education.

how do you know that i don't like what he said in this instance?

i don't like what YOU write, little girl.

you are full of contradictions, self-aggrandizing and self-congratulating while demonstrating that you are trying to wear shoes which are too big for you. and obviously not yours.

that's why i call you out, you opinionated cowardly little brat.

Seriously, you bore me with your constant whining and bullshit about me, L.K. You think I give a shit what you 'think' of me? No. Not in the slightest. But I do mind when you blatantly lie about me to other posters. Which I why I pretty much ignore your ranting. I dislike people who lie.

I don't really care whether YOU accept Ferguson's expertise. What matters is that the US Government does... and they do. As does the UK Government.... and a variety of other global institutions.... which is why he gets invited to speak at international conferences.... on ME affairs. I'm sure that's irrelevant.... perhaps they ask him to speak because he doesn't know jack shit about the region? Seriously, you should not let your attitude towards me get the better of you... it makes you look foolish.

source to my lying about you, pronto.

look up his biography and his publications once more, maybe you can find it out.

and try to not confuse critical thinking with confirmation bias, you need an education.

you are full of contradictions, self-aggrandizing and self-congratulating while demonstrating that you are trying to wear shoes which are too big for you. and obviously not yours.

Seriously, you bore me with your constant whining and bullshit about me, L.K. You think I give a shit what you 'think' of me? No. Not in the slightest. But I do mind when you blatantly lie about me to other posters. Which I why I pretty much ignore your ranting. I dislike people who lie.

I don't really care whether YOU accept Ferguson's expertise. What matters is that the US Government does... and they do. As does the UK Government.... and a variety of other global institutions.... which is why he gets invited to speak at international conferences.... on ME affairs. I'm sure that's irrelevant.... perhaps they ask him to speak because he doesn't know jack shit about the region? Seriously, you should not let your attitude towards me get the better of you... it makes you look foolish.

Nah, you and I both know so there's no need to make an issue out of it. Just, for the record, giving people half truths is the same as lying. No biggie. You choose to be dishonest, that's ok by me.

Nah, you and I both know so there's no need to make an issue out of it. Just, for the record, giving people half truths is the same as lying. No biggie. You choose to be dishonest, that's ok by me.

so you lied about me. typical.

when challenged, flail and pout.

grow up.

grow up.

One cannot source PMs, LK. You and I both know.... so it's all good. If you choose to lie about me that's ok. I'm not bothered. I'm just explaining why I don't respond to your constant attention seeking at me. I will continue to not respond.... whether you choose to continue with your asinine behavior is your business.... I will not make it mine.

Conversation is over, Liar K.

grow up.

One cannot source PMs, LK. You and I both know.... so it's all good. If you choose to lie about me that's ok. I'm not bothered. I'm just explaining why I don't respond to your constant attention seeking at me. I will continue to not respond.... whether you choose to continue with your asinine behavior is your business.... I will not make it mine.

hiding behind pm rules again?

so far you lied about me, made statements you cannot support, called people who don't agree with you or challenge you stupid and whiners. again.

you need to diversify.

for example, acquire some self-respect, some decency, some introspection, and some maturity.

now continue pouting, brat.

grow up.

hiding behind pm rules again?

so far you lied about me, made statements you cannot support, called people who don't agree with you or challenge you stupid and whiners. again.

you need to diversify.

for example, acquire some self-respect, some decency, some introspection, and some maturity.

now continue pouting, brat.

It is decency that I remain above your silly, childish, jealous, small minded accusations... and your lies about me.

I suggest you now give up trying to engage me in any banter. I will not bite. You are not worthy of my attention.

That he is currently working at the LSE (London School of Economics) as the Phillippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs, for 2010-11 should - to anyone with anything over a basic grasp of academia, evidence his substantial experience. He is also a regular speaker at conferences around the world on subjects surrounding international relations.

I can understand why you want to shoot the messenger but it's a fail. His advice is sought by both EU and US governments. They - even this Administration - considers him an expert. Perhaps that is not sufficient for you..... because you don't like what he said.... but, everyone with an interest in International Relations knows Professor Ferguson and respects his opinions.

Correction: certain groups within both countries give Ferguson jobs and print his opinions....he does NOT sit on the foreign policy committee of either gov't.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3325837-post76.html

It is a shame that the right is embracing this nay-saying. A peaceful overthrow of a dictator is possibly the best thing to happen ever in the middle east. Only time will tell. Encouraging the moderates and discouraging the extremists helps the moderates win.

We should all hope that this has a good outcome. But if it doesn't, there was really nothing short of invasion that the US could have done to stop it...and that wouldn't have done any good.

It is a shame that the right is embracing this nay-saying. A peaceful overthrow of a dictator is possibly the best thing to happen ever in the middle east. Only time will tell. Encouraging the moderates and discouraging the extremists helps the moderates win.

We should all hope that this has a good outcome. But if it doesn't, there was really nothing short of invasion that the US could have done to stop it...and that wouldn't have done any good.

Rav, mo chara, there is a huge difference between 'nay-saying' and being realistic. Prof Ferguson cites history to temper the euphoria. What is wrong with that? He is, rightly, saying we should wait before we 'high five' a new democracy. Historically, in that region, democracy has never been achieved. And it is yet to be achieved in Egypt. Of course, we all hope for a good outcome, but hope and a dime will get you a dime. No one is saying we should have stopped it.... but a coherent stance from our Administration would have been preferable to the incoherent babble and mixed messages that the world heard from the US.

One cannot source PMs, LK.

Not the first time I've heard that defense. Does your PM inbox also contain the meaning of life and a map to the holy grail? :popcorn:
yeah, a great strategery:

• making up something

• put that imaginary something into imaginary PM.

• post about imaginary content of imaginary PM (while not breaking the "no talk about content of PM rule", because it is all made up)

• then hide behind the same rule to avoid having to prove existence of the imaginary content.

cherry on top:

• complaining about imaginary defamation via defamation

another cherry on top of the cherry:

• going to these lengths to avoid supporting statements made in the first place. which is one of the most natural things happening on political discussion boards. being challenged on opinions presented as fact on the board.

sugar on the cherries:

• claiming to be the decent one with critical thinking skills

Rav, mo chara, there is a huge difference between 'nay-saying' and being realistic. Prof Ferguson cites history to temper the euphoria. What is wrong with that? He is, rightly, saying we should wait before we 'high five' a new democracy. Historically, in that region, democracy has never been achieved. And it is yet to be achieved in Egypt. Of course, we all hope for a good outcome, but hope and a dime will get you a dime. No one is saying we should have stopped it.... but a coherent stance from our Administration would have been preferable to the incoherent babble and mixed messages that the world heard from the US.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement. The trouble I have with Ferguson's analysis is that it comes off as a personal attack. It's not really useful. And it's sort of cheap.

And I pointed out places where I agree with the assessment. However, one has to wade through a great deal of hyperbole to get to anything that really nails it in terms of criticism.

And for me good criticism has takeaways. The person getting the criticism should be able to understand where a strategy may be flawed..and make corrections.

I got very little of that..

Niall Ferguson Blasts Barack Obama For Failed Egypt Foreign Policy...

This guy puts it all in perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhaAO2Q17c

Lefties: what did we tell you about 'on the job training'?

Still waitin' for that apology.

Obama , has decided to double down on the mish mash and wishy washiness ( Nicholas Kristoff NY Times btw) he has made of the ME since he took the reigns, take the proffer below for instance.

Whats pathetic is this is so transparent only a 3rd grader OR someone so completely self absorbed would think its would fool anyone or it carrys any real heft.......hes doing this as a very short sighted platitude to the "arab street".
see? we always wanted Mubarak out, my indecision and backtracking over the last several weeks not withstanding. I mean really.........what an amateur move.

He is as clueless and even more closed off into his own head ala For. policy than Carter , Carter never exhibited near the self congratulatory/righteous hubris Obama does....the man knows it all, and won't take instruction or learn....you see, he doesn't need too...just ask him.

U.S. Agrees to Rebuke Israel

In sharp reversal, U.S. agrees to rebuke Israel in Security Council
Posted By Colum Lynch Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 6:00 PM Share

The U.S. informed Arab governments Tuesday that it will support a U.N. Security Council statement reaffirming that the 15-nation body "does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement activity," a move aimed at avoiding the prospect of having to veto a stronger Palestinian resolution calling the settlements illegal.

But the Palestinians rejected the American offer following a meeting late Wednesday of Arab representatives and said it is planning to press for a vote on its resolution on Friday, according to officials familar with the issue. The decision to reject the American offer raised the prospect that the Obama administration will cast its first ever veto in the U.N. Security Council.

Still, the U.S. offer signaled a renewed willingness to seek a way out of the current impasse, even if it requires breaking with Israel and joining others in the council in sending a strong message to its key ally to stop its construction of new settlements. U.S. officials were not available for comment, but two Security Council diplomats confirmed the proposal.

The Palestinian delegation, along with Lebanon, the Security Council's only Arab member state, asked the council's president late Wednesday to schedule a meeting for Friday. But it remained unclear whether the Palestinian move today to reject the U.S. offer is simply a negotiating tactic aimed at extracting a better deal from Washington.

read the rest at-
In sharp reversal, U.S. agrees to rebuke Israel in Security Council - By Colum Lynch | Turtle Bay

What a lame attempt by California Girl to cover the ass of yet another Phd neocon bullhorn:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-m...lasts-obama-administration-6.html#post3329204

Forum List

Back