A REAL DOJ, Again....FINALLY!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
holder.jpg

"South Florida Ponzi scheme mastermind Scott Rothstein was sentenced to 50 years in prison on Wednesday for an investment fraud that bilked clients out of more than $1 billion.

The alleged co-conspirators include Debra Villegas, the former chief operating officer of Rothstein's now defunct Fort Lauderdale law firm Rothstein, Rosenfeldt & Adler, who has been charged with engaging in a money laundering conspiracy linked to the fraud."

You MUST be joking?

I suppose we have a real IRS now to?
Finally a real Homeland Security Dept.?

Give me a break.

"Cochlear Americas, a Colorado-based cochlear implant manufacturer, has agreed to pay $880,000 to resolve allegations that it paid illegal remuneration to health care providers to induce purchases of cochlear implant systemshttp://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/June/10-civ-673.html, the Justice Department announced today. Cochlear Americas is a subsidiary of an Australian company, Cochlear Limited.

The settlement resolves a lawsuit brought by a whistleblower, Brenda March, in 2004. The lawsuit, filed in the District of Colorado, alleged that Cochlear Americas violated the Anti-kickback Act and the False Claims Act by paying various forms of illegal remuneration to physicians who prescribed the use of the Cochlear-manufactured devices for Medicare and Medicaid patients.

"Today’s actions demonstrate that the United States will not tolerate the payment of kickbacks by any entity involved in providing medical goods and services to beneficiaries of federal health care programs," said Assistant Attorney General Tony West, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Division.

Ms. March brought her suit under the qui tam provisions of the False Claims Act, which permit private citizens with knowledge of fraud against the government to bring a lawsuit on behalf of the United States and to share in any recovery. Under the civil settlement announced today, she will receive $176,000."

So much for Allowing The Marketplace To Regulate Itself; BUSHCO-style....

:clap2:

Mr. Shaman, are you seriously giving Holder credit for a lawsuit brought by a private citizen?

Yes he is, and apparently he's simultaneously suggesting that under Boosh the DoJ never brought any cases against anyone................:lol::cuckoo::lol:

When I saw the title I thought there was an announcement that Holder had resigned and the DoJ was investigating the Sestak Affair.
So much for that.

Mr. Shaman, are you seriously giving Holder credit for a lawsuit brought by a private citizen?
Yeah....we used to hear about Alberto Gonzales pursuing such cases, alllllllllllllllllllllll-the-time.

:rolleyes:

(Well.....when he wasn't supporting tortur....er, purification.)

torquegonzales.jpg

Against Martha Stewart, for a $50,000 inside trading stint, while those taking billions were given a nod and a wink.

Yeah. Ken Lay, Jeffrey Skilling, Dennis Kozlowski, the Rigases, Richard Scrushy, and Bernie Ebbers all got away with a slap on the wrist.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Yes he is, and apparently he's simultaneously suggesting that under Boosh the DoJ never brought any cases against anyone................:lol::cuckoo::lol:

Name five.......

Are you serious? You are seriously suggesting that in 8 years the DoJ didn't open 5 cases? LOL that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, well not really b/c Sangha is on this board, but that sure sounds like something s/he would say.

Name five.......

Too easy.

Arthur Anderson
Kenneth Lay
Jeffrey Skilling
Andrew Fastow
Samuel Waksal

No wonder you are on my ignore list. What an partisan ignorant hack.

The DoJ does not investigate the Sestak situation, is run by the man who pushed the pardon of a fugitive, threatens legal action WHILE a company is dealing with a disaster, turns away from an accusation made by the speaker of the house that the CIA lied to her.....and you say a real DoJ?

LMAO. You are quite partisan I must say.

The DoJ does not investigate the Sestak situation, is run by the man who pushed the pardon of a fugitive, threatens legal action WHILE a company is dealing with a disaster, turns away from an accusation made by the speaker of the house that the CIA lied to her.....and you say a real DoJ?

LMAO. You are quite partisan I must say.

You forgot about declining to investigate reports of voter intimidation by the black panthers....

Forum List

Back