A REAL American hero

No one deserves a medal, or the label 'hero' for following their conscience.... people who earn that label do so by putting their actual lives at risk to save their fellow man.

These days.... everyone and their dog is a 'hero', according to some people. Not me. Heroes are remarkable

Needed to be repeated because that, friends and neighbors, is fact. Hero is now used so much, it lost its meaning.

Just sayin'.

The lefties are always screaming about mans overpopulation is killing the planet. They are mostly evolutionist. They want population controls & abortion of healthy babies. But now they want to idolize those who save the dependent & ill. :eusa_think:

*CONTROL* period. Too many are all too willing to give it to them due to they cannot control their own lives...so government MUST intervene...

Firstly, it's 'your' not 'you're'. Secondly, you don't know me, so making statement such as your show more about your stupidity than my 'huge insecurities'. We just happen to have different values as to what makes someone a 'hero'.

Different values? So helping Americans is no longer a value in your partisan view? Your bias and childish behavior is unbecoming. Soldiers do good things, been there done that, but doing things that are controversial but necessary is also tough when the contented classes are ready to crucify you over honesty, that too takes courage, and strong moral conviction. Grow up.

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." Anais Nin

Firstly, it's 'your' not 'you're'. Secondly, you don't know me, so making statement such as your show more about your stupidity than my 'huge insecurities'. We just happen to have different values as to what makes someone a 'hero'.

Different values? So helping Americans is no longer a value in your partisan view? Your bias and childish behavior is unbecoming. Soldiers do good things, been there done that, but doing things that are controversial but necessary is also tough when the contented classes are ready to crucify you over honesty, that too takes courage, and strong moral conviction. Grow up.

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." Anais Nin

Did I say it wasn't a 'value'? No. It absolutely is valuable... but it is not heroic.

Soldiers don't just do 'good things', some of them do extraordinary things. They don't just risk a job or a few bucks... they risk their very lives... and every so often one of them does something so totally and utterly breathtakingly awesome that we give them a medal, and we call them a Hero. Because that is what they are. You, on the other hand, lack the ability to argue a point without resorting to quoting others. Perhaps you think this makes you appear well read or intellectual? It doesn't.

No one deserves a medal, or the label 'hero' for following their conscience.... people who earn that label do so by putting their actual lives at risk to save their fellow man.

These days.... everyone and their dog is a 'hero', according to some people. Not me. Heroes are remarkable

Needed to be repeated because that, friends and neighbors, is fact. Hero is now used so much, it lost its meaning.

Just sayin'.
Sorta like the Nobel Peace Prize, eh? ;)

"Evil Corporations! Ohhh NOES!!!"

There, I should get the next award. Thank you.
noble-peace-prize.jpg

Did I say it wasn't a 'value'? No. It absolutely is valuable... but it is not heroic.

Soldiers don't just do 'good things', some of them do extraordinary things. They don't just risk a job or a few bucks... they risk their very lives... and every so often one of them does something so totally and utterly breathtakingly awesome that we give them a medal, and we call them a Hero. Because that is what they are. You, on the other hand, lack the ability to argue a point without resorting to quoting others. Perhaps you think this makes you appear well read or intellectual? It doesn't.

Wendell Potter is to old to become a soldier. And, if soldiers are the only heroes in our society, then all this talk about American 'exceptionalism' is bullshit. Sometimes soldiers do exceptional things, and sometimes they do horrific things.

All this 'hero or not a hero' rhetoric is just obfuscation. It is a way of not having to confront the truths about insurance cartels that Potter exposes.

Why don't you folks listen to what the man has to say? It is in your best interest to be informed. Potter offers an insider's view on how 'for profit' health insurance puts profits before a patient's health and life. It could be any one of us who suddenly faces having cancer or needs a transplant only to have an insurance company deny coverage for that illness.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI[/ame]

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

Wendell Potter is to old to become a soldier. And, if soldiers are the only heroes in our society, then all this talk about American 'exceptionalism' is bullshit. Sometimes soldiers do exceptional things, and sometimes they do horrific things.

Soldiers are not the only heroes, and age does not disqualify one. Just so you understand the difference between an admirable action and the action of a hero, here is a hero who is too young to be soldier, yet is a hero.

Everyday Hero: Jeff May | Reader's Digest Version

All this 'hero or not a hero' rhetoric is just obfuscation. It is a way of not having to confront the truths about insurance cartels that Potter exposes.

You are the one that is ignoring the facts here. Obamacare does nothing to deal with anything you are whining about, and actually props up the insurance cartels by forcing everyone to buy their product. How can you condemn them and support it?

Why don't you folks listen to what the man has to say? It is in your best interest to be informed. Potter offers an insider's view on how 'for profit' health insurance puts profits before a patient's health and life. It could be any one of us who suddenly faces having cancer or needs a transplant only to have an insurance company deny coverage for that illness.

Because it is old news? Because it is actually irrelevant to whether he is a hero? Maybe you should not resort to hyperbole if you want people to listen to you. Personally, I already am informed, which is why I elected not to purchase insurance that does not cover things I consider to be unlikely to happen to me.

Guess what? Because of idiots like you, I no longer have the option of purchasing health insurance I can afford, all because you think that people should get things they never paid for.

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

I love it when idiots quote someone in the belief it makes them look intelligent.

Quick question for Camus, what if the executioners are right? Should thinking people still not be on their side? Is your point actually something else?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back