A Rational Discussion on the Issues?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Has anyone found a non-partisan site that lists and accurate comparison of the McCain and the Obama postions on the issues such as:

Iraq
Taxes
Eduction
Economy
Etc.

It would be interesting and perhaps actually adult behavior to see where they stand in reality and then offer individual support or non-support.

There is so much shit out there that people are voting on half truths, lies and plain ignorance.

There may be some issues from McCain that I support, but at this point it is really hard to determine who really supports what.

Just a thought.

Has anyone found a non-partisan site that lists and accurate comparison of the McCain and the Obama postions on the issues such as:

Iraq
Taxes
Eduction
Economy
Etc.

It would be interesting and perhaps actually adult behavior to see where they stand in reality and then offer individual support or non-support.

There is so much shit out there that people are voting on half truths, lies and plain ignorance.

There may be some issues from McCain that I support, but at this point it is really hard to determine who really supports what.

Just a thought.

I applaud your effort. I see no reason why it couldn't be done here other than the fact that very few here are able to set aside their emotional hyper-partisanship and play along like rational people.

Iraq
Taxes
Eduction
Economy
Etc.

Just a thought.

I think you'll find there are a lot of us that want the same thing.:cool:

I looked through that site I posted and it's a comprehensive comparison, using the candidates own words on how they feel about the issues.

In reading it I learned things I didn't know about both candidates.

Iraq
Taxes
Eduction
Economy
Etc.

Just a thought.
Why would you of all people be interested in rational discussion? You're the board bullshit bomb thrower.

Nothing is stopping you from starting a thread stating that.

No thanks. Board policy isn't for me to decide and I pick and choose who I interact with here, so I don't have any issues to speak of. I have a forum to go to when I get tired of personal attacks and off-topic discussion.

Thanks. Here is another that deals with fact checking.

FactCheck.org

And Glock, I am tired of having to sink to the level of verbal vomit that you spew to communicate. Name calling is just too indicative of no fucking brains. Sorry about my french, but sometimes the old Corps habits just kick in.:eusa_angel:

You probably just don't get it.

I would bet that most of the posters in their day to day conversations don't scream and shout like they do here. I know I don't. I am tired of the crap and would like a rational discussion. If you don't want to, that's your right.

I need time to read that link after I go cut the grass.

No thanks. Board policy isn't for me to decide and I pick and choose who I interact with here, so I don't have any issues to speak of. I have a forum to go to when I get tired of personal attacks and off-topic discussion.

This has nothing to do with board policy. If you have another board that you fel more comfortable on, why are you here?

The interesting thing is when you actually read where they stand on the issues, other they both want pretty much the same thing. It's how we get there that they differ on. For example, Obama want's to tax profitabliity in order to sustain a middle class tax cut. Where as John McCain wants to keep the tax cuts permenant across the board. The problem with the Obama plan is actually a simple one. The more you tax business and profits, the more prices increase, and the more jobs are shipped oversea's in order to stay competitive. The same can be said for his wind fall profit tax on the oil companies. the momeny he plans on reaping from that will quickly be gobbled up by consumers having to pay more for fuel as the tax is passed along to the consumer. With higher fuel costs, come higher food, higher transportation, higher heating and cooling. They both want the same goals however, one's path to achieve those goals is completely short sighted and not very well thought out and that would be Obama. I do appreciate the attempt to actually talk on the issues though between the two of them , because this is actually Obama's weakest area and is chalk full of so many hole, I love to debate this topic finally rather than talking symantics about "did Sarah Palin lie " which is a complete farce and has been totally debunked, but yet the democrats still persist.

Hasn't Bush pretty much been doing what McCain wants to do? Sustain the tax cuts and favor the Corporations?

If so, it hasn't really worked. The consequences you point out are here now.

I believe Obama wanted to eliminate capital gains for the small business owner. They are the greatest number of businesses. The big companies have lobbies that protect them and as a result you have seen the oil companies increase their profit margins by 8 percent during the oil price rise while still getting their free money from US.

There has to be a better middle of the road approach that looks at all sides of the argument. Plus, after taking micro and macro economics, no one really knows what the hell really works.

This has nothing to do with board policy. If you have another board that you fel more comfortable on, why are you here?

My mistake then I guess. I thought it had to do with not being able to have a meaningful discussion without all the bullshit we have to paw through to discuss issues without resorting to playground tackic of off-topic discussion.

If I wasn't comfortable here you wouldn't be reading this post.

My mistake then I guess. I thought it had to do with not being able to have a meaningful discussion without all the bullshit we have to paw through to discuss issues without resorting to playground tackic of off-topic discussion.

If I wasn't comfortable here you wouldn't be reading this post.

I agree that there are those who sabotage threads by interjecting posts that serve only to insult and inflame. I've been guilty of it. I would suggest finding a thread that starts with a topic you are interested in and repsond to those who are staying on topic while ignoring the rest.

I agree that there are those who sabotage threads by interjecting posts that serve only to insult and inflame. I've been guilty of it. I would suggest finding a thread that starts with a topic you are interested in and repsond to those who are staying on topic while ignoring the rest.

Well, that's pretty much what I'm doing.

Hasn't Bush pretty much been doing what McCain wants to do? Sustain the tax cuts and favor the Corporations?

If so, it hasn't really worked. The consequences you point out are here now.

I believe Obama wanted to eliminate capital gains for the small business owner. They are the greatest number of businesses. The big companies have lobbies that protect them and as a result you have seen the oil companies increase their profit margins by 8 percent during the oil price rise while still getting their free money from US.

There has to be a better middle of the road approach that looks at all sides of the argument. Plus, after taking micro and macro economics, no one really knows what the hell really works.

Obama proposes to raise taxes on people who make more than 250,000.00 a year to 39%, adjusted payroll tax to 52.2%,capital gains from 15 to 28%, and the estate tax from 0 to 55%. Tell do you think only rich people own stock, inherit estates, pay FICA on their payroll? I peronally don't think so, everytime, I have ever seen Obama explain this, he has in a round about way tried to use the word "fair" as a justtification to pay for his healthcare plan. He won't say it, but he is raising taxes to pay for his healthcare plan and not just on the rich as the democrats are so fooled into believing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zy5Y4Jl8A&feature=related]YouTube - Obama Tax Plan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8]YouTube - Obama - Taxes, Capital Gains[/ame]

You should listen to Ben Stein on Obama's tax plan. 1000.00 tax credit to the middle class to offset the tax increase to pay for healthcare to me is a wash. What sort of tax deduction is that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=781408

I believe Obama wanted to eliminate capital gains for the small business owner. ....

Taxes: The [small business] lobbyists want President Bush’s tax cuts to be permanent, which Sen. McCain supports. Sen. Obama would only extend the cuts for households earning less than $250,000 annually. The Tax Policy Center points out that only 1.4% of small-business owners earn more than $250,000 annually, meaning the vast majority would still benefit from the tax cuts. Yet those with more than $250,000 in earnings tend to be high-growth businesses that employ many people, so raising their taxes could stymie that growth, the National Small Business Association’s Todd McCracken says.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=781408

Forum List

Back