A Rarity: David Frum is a Conservative with Common Sense

David is his mothers child alright.

He's never been a conservative.

More accurately, Frum has never been a far right fanatic.

But Frum did write for The American Spectator a favorite source of righties on this board.

Frum was a fellow for The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research a conservative think tank.

He was an editor for the Wall Street Journal, another conservative cornerstone.

He has written columns for Forbes, another conservative rag.

He was Senior Fellow for the conservative think tank the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research

Frum supported John Roberts for Chief Justice.

And Frum is on the board of the Republican Jewish Coalition.

The problem our far right friends have with Frum is that he's a grown up and believes in something that those who wrote the Constitution of the United States, applied when writing the Constitution, objective thinking and compromise. The far right hates compromise. And, even a long standing conservative like Frum, who has worked tirelessly for the conservative cause is a liberal to them. That's how far to the right some of our posters are!!!
It's called being fanatical!

If you can even use the term "conservative" you might characterize Frum as a technical conservative or an academic conservative. The Founding Fathers were right but let's not anger the liberal media by actually taking a conservative stand or doing anything. Let's not anger democrats, let's be bi-partisan. Republican sissies like Frum are the reason the Tea Party is such a powerful movement within the republican party.

If you can even use the term "conservative" you might characterize Frum as a technical conservative or an academic conservative. The Founding Fathers were right but let's not anger the liberal media by actually taking a conservative stand or doing anything. Let's not anger democrats, let's be bi-partisan. Republican sissies like Frum are the reason the Tea Party is such a powerful movement within the republican party.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the new tea party republicans in the House are going to find that the Republican Party leadership is going to work toward fixing their wagons but good. They collectively held their own leadership hostage during negotiations with Democrats, and that is a no no in ANY organization. I bet the RNC will quietly push for primary challengers to put up a fight in many districts while also withholding RNC financing so the tea party reps will have to finance their own campaigns.

David is his mothers child alright.

He's never been a conservative.

More accurately, Frum has never been a far right fanatic.

But Frum did write for The American Spectator a favorite source of righties on this board.

Frum was a fellow for The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research a conservative think tank.

He was an editor for the Wall Street Journal, another conservative cornerstone.

He has written columns for Forbes, another conservative rag.

He was Senior Fellow for the conservative think tank the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research

Frum supported John Roberts for Chief Justice.

And Frum is on the board of the Republican Jewish Coalition.

The problem our far right friends have with Frum is that he's a grown up and believes in something that those who wrote the Constitution of the United States, applied when writing the Constitution, objective thinking and compromise. The far right hates compromise. And, even a long standing conservative like Frum, who has worked tirelessly for the conservative cause is a liberal to them. That's how far to the right some of our posters are!!!
It's called being fanatical!

Extremism is the new litmus test for the Small Tent conservatives.

LOL! As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

What's funny isn't just the fact that you're an unimaginative repeater of junior high school insults, but you can't even make one of your feeble attempts at insulting a person without essentially drawing attention to your glaring lack of originality.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

By the way, I noticed that nutcase, Mark Levin, wasn't on the air last night. I actually tuned in a little late to hear his explanation about why his show changed from a live broadcast to a previously taped show about half way through, and I saw no explanation on his website as to his sudden departure. What's the scoop?

The guy whom an imbecile like you refers to as a" nut case" is a million times more logical than you have ever been or have any hope of ever being.

As for you other pointless dishonest commentary, suffice it to say, you are merely parroting my observation of one of your many failings. Ironic in this context, but amusing all the same.

You remain an abject fail. Nothing more.

A million times? Really? That's a typical right wing response; it's full of hyperbole and/or exaggeration. That is the emotional world in which modern day conservatives live. Everything is a three alarm fire. Everything is a crisis. THAT is a textbook Levin radio show. He's an emotional powder keg, and it doesn't appear to be an act. And in MY experience, people who are that emotionally wound up about everything under the sun simply are not logical people. They respond to everything emotionally. Then they try to build what they believe is a logical argument that will somehow lead them to that very emotional destination where they first started as if the anger is a result of the argument they created.

That's what an abject fail looks like.

Ah, the predictability of a petty-assed and petty-minded quibble.

A figure of speech such as "a million times" is pounced upon by generally dishonest fubars like you, Mistang.

While it is true (remarkable that you can mutter anything that has even a kernel of truth given your general disdain for honesty) that not everything is or should be claimed to be a "crisis," it is also true that making that mundane observation -- as you did -- nevertheless does not mean that a properly labeled crisis is not a crisis.

You have no persuasive power whatsoever, Mistang.

You are always and forever, first, foremost and last, a fail.

Frum is a liberal.

He's a mixed bag.

But as a person with ANY conservative credentials, now or in the past, the ONLY way he can garner accolades from partisan hacks like Mistang is EXACTLY to the extent that he now says blather suitable for sensitive lib minds.

In short, frauds like Mistang will continue to say he has "common sense" if (but only if) he spews liberal pablum of which they approve.

The guy whom an imbecile like you refers to as a" nut case" is a million times more logical than you have ever been or have any hope of ever being.

As for you other pointless dishonest commentary, suffice it to say, you are merely parroting my observation of one of your many failings. Ironic in this context, but amusing all the same.

You remain an abject fail. Nothing more.

A million times? Really? That's a typical right wing response; it's full of hyperbole and/or exaggeration. That is the emotional world in which modern day conservatives live. Everything is a three alarm fire. Everything is a crisis. THAT is a textbook Levin radio show. He's an emotional powder keg, and it doesn't appear to be an act. And in MY experience, people who are that emotionally wound up about everything under the sun simply are not logical people. They respond to everything emotionally. Then they try to build what they believe is a logical argument that will somehow lead them to that very emotional destination where they first started as if the anger is a result of the argument they created.

That's what an abject fail looks like.

Ah, the predictability of a petty-assed and petty-minded quibble.

A figure of speech such as "a million times" is pounced upon by generally dishonest fubars like you, Mistang.

While it is true (remarkable that you can mutter anything that has even a kernel of truth given your general disdain for honesty) that not everything is or should be claimed to be a "crisis," it is also true that making that mundane observation -- as you did -- nevertheless does not mean that a properly labeled crisis is not a crisis.

You have no persuasive power whatsoever, Mistang.

You are always and forever, first, foremost and last, a fail.

Blah, blah, blah. That's all you got aside from snide comments and personal attacks.

I don't have a disdain for honesty. And you couldn't accurately make that statement without actually knowing me. Consequently, the disdain for honesty is your own if and when you try to convince others of something for which you have no knowledge.

Actually, what I have disdain for is your insipid dismissive rants and the person who is the source of those rants.

Yeah, I suppose if one sees everything as a crisis, he's bound to be right one time out of a million (to use your own shopworn verbage).

I tuned in last night to see if that nutcase hero of yours, Mark Levin, would show up. Nope, he wasn't there. And there wasn't even any explanation about why he's gone. Isn't that rather odd? I mean that there was NO mention of why he was gone, where he was, or when he would be back.

So, again I ask the question: Why would a host do half a show, disappear before the show was over while substituting a previously broadcast show, and then be absent for the next few broadcast without any explanation?

Blah, blah, blah. * * * *

A good summary of all your posting efforts.

Facts remain facts, however.

You complimented Frum as a conservative with "common sense" ONLY because you happen (stupidly) to agree with something ignorant which he had said.

You can deny reality all you wish. But we all see it for what it is; and we all see through a transparent fraud like you, too.

You complimented Frum as a conservative with "common sense" ONLY because you happen (stupidly) to agree with something ignorant which he had said.

You can deny reality all you wish. But we all see it for what it is; and we all see through a transparent fraud like you, too.

You have no clue as to why I said Frum had common sense. You just assume you know, and then you run with your assumption as if it was a fact.

It isn't!

You're a moron for making such an assumption. Hell, your an oxymoron, as well. You take being below average to new heights. You're a cutting edge dullard who thinks any assumption you make MUST be true

Do you want me to tell you why I said Frum was a conservative with common sense? I ask because you seem too friggin' ignorant to actually ask the question.

I said he had common sense because he's not an ideologue. He's practical and pragmatic. He looks at the real world the way it is, and not just at some ideological world where good versus bad solutions or good versus evil people could or should be defined by whether a public servant is liberal versus conservative or Democrat versus Republican.

People with common sense look for workable solution to real problems. Ideologues are not capable of embracing any idea outside of preconceived beliefs.

I may, or may NOT agree with some of Frum's ideas, but I would listen to him and not dismiss him as conservatives seem all too willing to do because he's fallen out of favor by challenging conservative orthodoxy. Who do I mean? Conservatives like Ann Coulter (who has an idiotic book out trying to equate liberalism with demonic forces) who actually was on record as wanting NO deal on the debt ceiling. She enthusiastically embraced driving America off the cliff. Conservatives like your hero, Levin, who sees everything through the prism of his ideology.

Conservatives like you.

They're idiots and fools...and so are you. There, I SAID it!!!

You have no clue as to why I said Frum had common sense. * * * *

Wrong again, as always, Mistang.

Of course I do.

In fact, I accurately stated the reason.

Everything you said to deny what I pointed out is just another example of you being a liar and a sniveling bitch.

Of course I do.

Everything you said to deny what I pointed out is just another example of you being a liar and a sniveling bitch.

Piffle.

Accuracy is not your forté. Hell, accuracy has never even been a serious contender in what passes for the content which you consider to be important as the focus of your posts. Personal insults and a dismissive attitude is what you're all about. Always has been. Who can't see that, I wonder.

Of course I do.

Piffle.

Accuracy is not your forté. Hell, accuracy has never even been a serious contender in what passes for the content which you consider to be important as the focus of your posts. Personal insults and a dismissive attitude is what you're all about. Always has been. Who can't see that, I wonder.

Honesty ain't your forté, obviously. in fact, it is anathema to you.

Bottom line:

Asswipes such as you adore "conservatives" like Frum EXACTLY and EXCLUSIVELY to the extent that they say silly trite liberal-leaning crap which morons like you happen to agree with.

You fool nobody. You remain a huge obvious fraud, twatwaffle.

Of course I do.

Piffle.

Bottom line:

Asswipes such as you adore "conservatives" like Frum EXACTLY and EXCLUSIVELY to the extent that they say silly trite liberal-leaning crap which morons like you happen to agree with.

Thanks for proving the accuracy of MY previous post with this last one of yours. But, it's not like you can help yourself, is it?

Like I said, you fetch REAL good.

But back to real world issues as opposed to your anger issues.

I remember when the Republican Party was not run by ideologues. Some of their ideas were good. Some not so good. That's kinda like everyone, whether they're in a political party or not. Back in those days, they weren't so hard headed. They could actually seriously look at the results of policies to guide them as to whether or not they were actually worth continuing or not.

But since the GOP has been increasingly taken over by ideologues (including social conservatives), they (you) have intentionally driven off the moderates in your party. Hell, it's even virtually impossible for moderates to get the Republican nomination for Congress in most states now because evangelicals have taken over the state party apparatus.
And I dare say that Ronald Reagan couldn't get nominated for anything in today's GOP because the Party has abandoned common sense in favor of ideological purity, and it will summarily dismiss (just like you do) anyone who veers off that ideological purity path.

In my opinion, it will lead the GOP to its ruin. I look forward to that day.

Piffle.

Bottom line:

Thanks for proving the accuracy of MY previous post * * * *.

I didn't prove you "accurate." YOU continue to prove yourself dishonest.

Post more often. There MIGHT be one member here who hasn't discovered how totally useless and dishonest you always are.

:lol:

Bottom line:

Thanks for proving the accuracy of MY previous post * * * *.

I didn't prove you "accurate." YOU continue to prove yourself dishonest.

Post more often. There MIGHT be one member here who hasn't discovered how totally useless and dishonest you always are.

:lol:

Apparently, you don't even know the meaning of the word, "dishonest."

In order for me to be dishonest, I would either have to be posting something I don't believe, or posting something I know to be untrue. Neither is the case.

You fail once again.

(CNN) -- I'm a Republican. Always have been. I believe in free markets, low taxes, reasonable regulation and limited government. But as I look back at the weeks of rancor leading up to Sunday night's last-minute budget deal, I see some things I don't believe in:

Forcing the United States to the verge of default.

Shrugging off the needs and concerns of millions of unemployed.

Protecting every single loophole, giveaway and boondoggle in the tax code as a matter of fundamental conservative principle.

Massive government budget cuts in the midst of the worst recession since World War II.

Only about one-third of Republicans agree that cutting government spending should be the country's top priority. Only about one-quarter of Republicans insist the budget be balanced without any tax increases.
Yet that one-third and that one-quarter have come to dominate my party. That one-third and that one-quarter forced a debt standoff that could have ended in default and a second Great Recession. That one-third and that one-quarter have effectively written the "no new taxes pledge" into national law.

Acknowledging the problem is half of the solution. What are the two-thirds of the GOP going to do to take their party back from the radical right?

(CNN) -- I'm a Republican. Always have been. I believe in free markets, low taxes, reasonable regulation and limited government. But as I look back at the weeks of rancor leading up to Sunday night's last-minute budget deal, I see some things I don't believe in:

Forcing the United States to the verge of default.

Shrugging off the needs and concerns of millions of unemployed.

Protecting every single loophole, giveaway and boondoggle in the tax code as a matter of fundamental conservative principle.

Massive government budget cuts in the midst of the worst recession since World War II.

Only about one-third of Republicans agree that cutting government spending should be the country's top priority. Only about one-quarter of Republicans insist the budget be balanced without any tax increases.
Yet that one-third and that one-quarter have come to dominate my party. That one-third and that one-quarter forced a debt standoff that could have ended in default and a second Great Recession. That one-third and that one-quarter have effectively written the "no new taxes pledge" into national law.

Acknowledging the problem is half of the solution. What are the two-thirds of the GOP going to do to take their party back from the radical right?

Your endless use of the mindless meaningless phrase "radical right" is noted with all due derision.

When will the Dims take their party back from the loopy lefties?

Forum List

Back