A Rant I Can Relate To!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.terrorismunveiled.com/athena/2004/07/advice_to_profe.html

LOL, I know where she is coming from. I had to fight to not be forced to 'protest' the Shah of Iran. Freakin', Crazy sociology professor decided that having us protest was a REQUIRED field trip! Of course the Iranian contingency thought a great idea, I disagreed. Luckily I got along with the Chair! Took 1/2 the class with me! Too many dingbats teaching, especially at the universities.

That stuff is so good,Kathianne! I only went to college for a couple of years,but a lot of those professors are as slanted as the media. College should be somewhere someone can learn about many viewpoints,not just one slanted opinion.

krisy said:
That stuff is so good,Kathianne! I only went to college for a couple of years,but a lot of those professors are as slanted as the media. College should be somewhere someone can learn about many viewpoints,not just one slanted opinion.

Indeed. For some reason, :rolleyes: I had trouble with those that couldn't 'keep an open mind to other viewpoints!' :dev3:

Her other rant, linked to is really good too!

Kathianne said:
Indeed. For some reason, :rolleyes: I had trouble with those that couldn't 'keep an open mind to other viewpoints!' :dev3:

Her other rant, linked to is really good too!

:bat: I leave class in that state quite often! Sometimes I'm sure I must be in the wrong department.:mad: Good link BTW!

Yep, I've experienced a lot of those, and I have one to add.

When over half the class fails the test, it is YOUR FAULT! That being said, I could care less if you admit it as long as there's a curve.

Hobbit said:
Yep, I've experienced a lot of those, and I have one to add.

When over half the class fails the test, it is YOUR FAULT! That being said, I could care less if you admit it as long as there's a curve.

Curve? What curve? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Fail them all! Is my mantra! (j/k)

Kathianne said:
Curve? What curve? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Fail them all! Is my mantra! (j/k)

I've had this happen, btw. The class average was a 49%, 47% in the other class. There was no curve. The test was a month ahead of schedule on the syllabus, and the teacher concluded that we were all lazy bums that didn't pay attention in class, and that's why we failed the test.

Forum List

Back