CDZ A radical voting proposal

There is little that is more sacred than the value of each person's vote. That mine counts the same as the rich man or the poor man is the essence of why it works.

Change this and you have sold the nation.

We have a progressive tax, let's also have a progressive vote.

Meaning the guy who paid $110K a year in federal income tax a year's vote is weighed heavier than the guy who paid nothing, who's is weighed heavier than the guy is owes $4M a year.

Think about how fast those assholes who owe millions of dollars a year in taxes would start paying up then...

And of course the bottom feeders, well they'd still get their vote...........
This is un-Constitutional, it violates the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment and the 15th Amendment. The right to vote is inalienable and fundamental – one person, one vote.The right to vote cannot be 'weighed' (see, e.g., Reynolds v Sims (1964)).

I've explained to you before that NO right is inalienable.

We have a progressive tax, let's also have a progressive vote.

Meaning the guy who paid $110K a year in federal income tax a year's vote is weighed heavier than the guy who paid nothing, who's is weighed heavier than the guy is owes $4M a year.

Think about how fast those assholes who owe millions of dollars a year in taxes would start paying up then...

And of course the bottom feeders, well they'd still get their vote...........

They compromised on this. Instead of getting more votes or a more hefty sorta vote, you get to donate as much money as you want to your guys. So in effect, the rich get their people anyway, just by other means.

My 'radical idea' remains the same: compared past voting records of both opponents, whomever more closely matches your ideals in an elected official wins your vote regardless of party.

Forum List

Back