A Quiet Place

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
If you are a fan of Alfred Hitchcock/X-files or the old Outer Limits, Twilight Zones, I think you will enjoy this movie.

Yes, it has a few plot holes and a few aspects that are not explained extremely well, but all in all this is an effective suspense thriller without an extreme amount of gore.

If you haven't seen the trailers, this is about a post apocalyptic world that the invaders are blind, but have extremely keen hearing, so most of the movie has no, or extremely quiet dialog. The soundtrack fills in much of the quiet times without taking away from how quite the cast must remain so not to give away their location to the beasts that want them dead.

A great cast and a very good plot.

A full theater that no one even whispered during the whole thing just proved how effective the plot was.

4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Worth the cost of admission

Me and the wife went and watched it last night. Pretty good movie!
I bought a bag of sour skittles and only ate them during the river scene with the dad and boy.. only thing loud enough. I didnt want to be "that guy" LOL

Enjoyed it. Crazy ending and now I want a prequel showing how it all started.
I actually think this would make a better TV series than a movie if one of the no commercial networks picked it up, like HBO or AMC.

Forum List

Back