A quick question for Christians

M

Modu$OperanDi

As you believe, every man or woman 'goes somewhere' after they die, depending on how they lived their lives.

Where do animals go? Does it depend on how they lived their lives? If I have a gooood Dooooggg, does he go to dog heaven where he gets pet all day with all the doggie biscuits he desires? What of simpler species, like ants? Are ants judged by the actions they take in their lives? Where do they go when they die?

Originally posted by Modu$OperanDi
As you believe, every man or woman 'goes somewhere' after they die, depending on how they lived their lives.

Where do animals go? Does it depend on how they lived their lives? If I have a gooood Dooooggg, does he go to dog heaven where he gets pet all day with all the doggie biscuits he desires? What of simpler species, like ants? Are ants judged by the actions they take in their lives? Where do they go when they die?

There is only mild Biblical implication that they are saved.

Although the point of the whole thing has nothing to do with that, so it really is not totally provable nor relevant to salvation.

Not exactly accurate - It's not about things people 'do' which leads them to where they will spend eternity; but the faith they show.

Where there exists no soul, there exists no chance of salvation or damnation. There's no/little biblical evidence animals contain a soul. I'd argue animals die like plants die. Their 'bodies' just stop working, and then there is nothing.

What does it matter?

Originally posted by -=d=-
Not exactly accurate - It's not about things people 'do' which leads them to where they will spend eternity; but the faith they show.

Where there exists no soul, there exists no chance of salvation or damnation. There's no/little biblical evidence animals contain a soul. I'd argue animals die like plants die. Their 'bodies' just stop working, and then there is nothing.

Unless you are a Christian that believes in Predestination or a Catholic that believes in Predestination correct? I know there are differences between the two predestination theories.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Unless you are a Christian that believes in Predestination or a Catholic that believes in Predestination correct? I know there are differences between the two predestination theories.

Doesn't matter - even those 'predestined' to have faith, still are saved, based on that faith.

imo, 'prestination' is a :bs: concept.

:)

Doesn't matter - even those 'predestined' to have faith, still are saved, based on that faith.

imo, 'prestination' is a :bs: concept.

Ohhh...

See I learned that Christians Predestination is basically this:

For Calvin, the point of the doctrine of predestination was to remind us that God is free and gracious. There is nothing that we can do to earn God's favor. Rather, our salvation comes from God alone. We are able to choose God because God first chose us.

Properly understood, the doctrine of predestination frees us from speculating about who is saved and who is not. God has already taken care of these matters in the mystery of God's own being. We are called to hear God's good news in Jesus Christ and to trust in God through Jesus Christ.

For the preaching of the Gospel is to be heard, and it is to be believed; and it is to be held as beyond doubt that if you believe and are in Christ, you are elected. (Second Helvetic Confession, 5.059)

While I learned this about Catholic Predestination when I used to go to church:

The Catholic Church, following St. Augustine (e.g., Grace and Free Will, 1,1; Sermon 169, 11,13), accepts predestination of the elect to heaven, but also affirms the freedom of the human will, thus staking out a position distinct from Calvinism. Predestination to hell, in Catholicism, always involves man's free will, and foreseen sins, so that man is ultimately responsible for his own damnation, not God (double predestination is rejected).

God is sovereign, in our view, every bit as much as in Protestantism (particularly Calvinism), as will amply be demonstrated below. All that is disputed are the intricacies of the grace / free will antinomy, which is one of the most mysterious and difficult questions in the history of both Christian theology and theistic philosophy. Of course, the allowance of free will is also present in Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, most charismatic, non-denominational and Baptist theologies, etc.

The Catholic Church affirms predestination as a de fide dogma (the highest level of binding theological certainty), while at the same time affirming free will and the possibility of falling away from the faith.

I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. :D

Animals do not die like plants - that is a horrible thing to believe.

If the only animal with a soul is the human then why would there ever be a world without the human. What would be the purpose of having a whole planet of "PLANTS"...

Why would this planet have been covered by dinosaurs without any humans?
Ohh, maybe you don't believe in dinosaurs.:eek:

Animals do not die like plants - that is a horrible thing to believe.

If the only animal with a soul is the human then why would there ever be a world without the human. What would be the purpose of having a whole planet of "PLANTS"...

Why would this planet have been covered by dinosaurs without any humans?
Ohh, maybe you don't believe in dinosaurs.:eek:

Humans are not 'animals'. This world at one time DID contain what we now call dinosours. There would NOT be a world without humans. God created this world as a place FOR humans.

When an animal dies - that's it. it's existance is over. When we die, the soul created within us moves into a realm of God or a realm of 'Godlessness'.

If there would not be a world without humans then WHY did god make a world of only dinosaurs and then kill them all?

If there would not be a world without humans then WHY did god make a world of only dinosaurs and then kill them all?

(sigh).

He didn't. That's not how things went down.

God made a world with a LOT of animals. Some grew HUGE - lifespans were longer, etc. Then...Because of Man's sinful nature, God flooded the earth, sparing 'some' men/women and animals. After the flood, the world's climate was changed in a way which did not support such massive reptiles.

(shrug). Those specimins which Noah may have had with him weren't able to adapt, and became extinct.

(sigh).

He didn't. That's not how things went down.

God made a world with a LOT of animals. Some grew HUGE - lifespans were longer, etc. Then...Because of Man's sinful nature, God flooded the earth, sparing 'some' men/women and animals. After the flood, the world's climate was changed in a way which did not support such massive reptiles.

(shrug). Those specimins which Noah may have had with him weren't able to adapt, and became extinct.

(Sigh)

Man did not exist during the time of the dinosaurs. That is fact.

(Sigh)

Man did not exist during the time of the dinosaurs. That is fact.

Prove it rectalcranialsaurus.

Go to a museum. Any religion which must stave off knowledge with stories about floods, arcs, and poison apples is bogus. There is nothing in Christianity which is proveable other than it warps many mnds. Your whole religion is laughable.

Go to a museum. Any religion which must stave off knowledge with stories about floods, arcs, and poison apples is bogus. There is nothing in Christianity which is proveable other than it warps many mnds. Your whole religion is laughable.

Two thoughts:

1) if what you say is what you believe, why the hell do you CARE what happens to animals?

2) If what you say is what you believe, you haven't researched Christianity from a scientific or critical thinking perspective.

Go to a museum. Any religion which must stave off knowledge with stories about floods, arcs, and poison apples is bogus.

1. A museum is not scientific evidence of anything but the fact an object can be put behined glass and be of interest.

2. Science already supports the flood more and more each day.

3. Science already supports the ark.

4. Arcs are what you have in a McDonalds "M".

5. Nobody said anything about an apple.

There is nothing in Christianity which is proveable other than it warps many mnds.

Then you can prove that.

Your whole religion is laughable.

Maybe, but my faith is not.

I was wondering what Christians believed happened to animals. Saying a monkey dieing is so radically different than a man dieng is just another way of showing the narcissistic properties of mankind and the ridiculousness of not believing in evolution. A mans death is only so much different because of the knowledge man has of what life is, and the lack of knowledge of what death is - aka - we get attatched - then we make stupid religions to ease our attatchment, it doesn't get anymore natural then that.

I was wondering what Christians believed happened to animals. Saying a monkey dieing is so radically different than a man dieng is just another way of showing the narcissistic properties of mankind and the ridiculousness of not believing in evolution.

Can you DISPROVE creation?

A mans death is only so much different because of the knowledge man has of what life is, and the lack of knowledge of what death is - aka - we get attatched - then we make stupid religions to ease our attatchment, it doesn't get anymore natural then that.

Really? Gee. How do you account for Biblical prophecy and scientific knowledge in the Bilble hundreds of years in advance?

Forum List

Back