A Question That Must Be Asked: Did Hermain Cain Ever Benefit From Affirmative Action?

Go see the movie, The Help, and be reminded of what life in America was like prior to AA. Affirmative action is not about giving African-Americans now the 40 acres and a mule their enslaved ancestors never got. It is about creating opportunities for the minority that the majority might be tempted to keep for itself. And while there has been a vast improvement in race relations since 1964, I don't think anyone believes all our problems surrounding discrimination and bias have been solved. Hundreds of people have climbed to the top of Mt. Everest, but that doesn't make it accessible.

It is a question that we Americans, especially white Americans who work and pay taxes need to know. We have seen what the catastrophic results of a black man who benefited from affirmative action has done to America. It is the most needed question that needs to be answered. The question was never directly asked to Obama by the jewish dominated media if he benefited from affirmative action but as we all now know, he was. Obama's rise was a direct result of it and with the help of the media not vetting his true past, especially his credentials like grades and how he got into college. The same needs to be done with Cain. You have to ask yourself this, does anyone else think the rise in support for Herman cain seems a bit fabricated? The relentless media attention and poll changes makes it seem like something is trying to place Cain at the top or near the top. The way I see this, Cain will try and "out-Black" Obama, and if they do pick him then the whole election is going to be about race. The Obama camp will call Cain an "Uncle Tom" and question his "Black" credentials because he's a rich CEO (Was it by affirmative action?). Then the Cain camp might fire back by bringing up the fact that Obama's an affirmative action beach boy from Hawaii. The whole election will come down to "Our guy is Blacker than your guy!"

A hypothetical match-up between Cain and Obama would be the biggest American debacle of all time with white Americans caught in the crosshairs of black violence, and if it happens then these Repub voters will be to blame for not wanting Palin as their president who never benefited from affirmative action with credentials running a government far greater than Cains and Obama's. Watch these polls Americans, the jews are manipulating them. For example, the jewish dominated MSM on TV always ask for opinions and show what they want. They could have asked 100 people about illegal immigration in which 90%+ say they need to clamp down. They'll show you 4 to 6 clips of people in which looks like 50/50 on the news just to numb the mass. Nice and balanced art of propaganda. Again remember, Cain recently was way behind in the polls until he declared himself a huge supporter of the Zionist bandit state named Israel, then he shot to the top.

My fellow tax paying working Americans and retirees, you are witnessing affirmative action happen before your eyes with Cain but the question that remains, did he benefit from it in the past? We need to know because I believe he did and even if he didn't, a black man has proven that they are incapable of running a country as factual history has proven. Even though Cain is a republican, a "DARK CLOUD" with remain over America if he is elected president.......just as it has with Obama. He will always side with his brothers over whites in any crisis. Cain is not the answer to America.

Affirmative action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, its good to see USArmyPalinSpamBotRacist didn't off himself. I guess.

Who gives a shit if he benefited from Affirmative Action? He's a successful man. Good for him.

Affirmative Action was necessary, and expedient. White folks are still belly aching about it.

I believe I already suggested that there is a fair claim to be made that Affirmative Action was created to address a wrong. Specifically, it was implemented in the hope that we could (as an entire society) somehow offset the present day effects of past discrimination.

Logically, of course, to even state that as a premise or justification for a program that is, necessarily, race conscious, we HAD to believe that it would lead to its own eventual termination as a program because once we sufficiently eradicate the present day effects of past discrimination, it would be mere discrimination to permit it to continue.

Two problems. One: the program wasn't all that well thought out and in many important respects could never work as hoped. Wishful thinking is frequently a piss poor basis for such social engineering legislation. Who knew?

Two: nowadays, anybody who talks about the prospective termination of Affirmative Action is immediately labeled a "racist."

But all that aside, your contribution is really kind of beside the point, anyway.

It is not just white folks who "bellyache" about AA. And complaining about legislation that has proven itself to be largely unworkable and unwise is not mere "bellyaching," anyway.

The problem is with those who look back 50 - 70 - 100 - 200 years and judge today by the conditions then. They seem to WANT people to still be victimized and oppressed because that is how they keep their power and advance their own fortunes. They don't seem to WANT to end the war.

Still one more time I say we have won the war to grant full suffrage and opportunity for women and everybody else, won the war to end slavery, won the war to end segregation, and won the war to break down the last barriers and achieve opportunity for all to reach for the brass ring. Now it is time to stop fighting the war and start pushing people to take advantage of the victory.

I think the Left is doing its damndest to demonize Herman Cain because he has the audacity to agree with me on that point. He dares to stray off the 'victim' and 'disadvantaged' reservation and earn his place in society by merit, not charity. He has the chutzpah to push for success and excellence instead of deferring to 'masters' who insist that he must be different because he is black and politically correct because he is African American.

And again, that is really sad.

That is ridiculous. No one wants anyone to be victimized. I sure don't want to "keep my power". LOL. What power would that be anyway? Racism is not over. Discrimination still exists.

Herman Cain is running for POTUS, that makes his record open for criticism.

Stop demonizing the left, Fox. We're allowed to disagree with you.

I love how you spin things to make the left racist.

Last edited:
That is ridiculous. No one wants anyone to be victimized. I sure don't want to "keep my power". LOL. What power would that be anyway? Racism is not over. Discrimination still exists.

Herman Cain is running for POTUS, that makes his record open for criticism.

Stop demonizing the left, Fox. We're allowed to disagree with you.

I love how you spin things to make the left racist.

The left is largely racist.

Haven't you read some of the crap spewed by your fellow lefties?

Didn't Cain receive an affirmative action promotion at Pillsbury?

Let's say it's so.

So what?

Is there a point to your asking that question of the black conservative candidate?

The point is to discuss the topic. I'm pointing out that the candidate benefited from the policy he won't support. Some hypocrisy there, possibly.

No. The point was to note that your CLAIM (stated as a "fact") was just (in reality) a statement of your baseless opinion.

IF Mr. Cain had ever been the beneficiary of any AA, how is making NOTE of that anything that furthers the "discussion" commenced by the racist stupidity of USAR?

And how is it "hypocritical" anyway, to accept the benefit of a program that should always have been designed to be of very limited duration?

Let's say it's so.

So what?

Is there a point to your asking that question of the black conservative candidate?

The point is to discuss the topic. I'm pointing out that the candidate benefited from the policy he won't support. Some hypocrisy there, possibly.

No. The point was to note that your CLAIM (stated as a "fact") was just (in reality) a statement of your baseless opinion.

IF Mr. Cain had ever been the beneficiary of any AA, how is making NOTE of that anything that furthers the "discussion" commenced by the racist stupidity of USAR?

And how is it "hypocritical" anyway, to accept the benefit of a program that should always have been designed to be of very limited duration?

I'm entitled to my opinion. I guess your response is continuing name calling.

Nobody but nobody is disputing that you are entitled to your opinion. That is entirely beside the point.

The point is still that you have been unable (or unwilling) to explain how accepting the benefits of AA (assuming it's even true) somehow makes a "hypocrite" out of Mr. Cain who contends that it is not a valid program at this point.

And show me where my posts include name calling (other than to properly and accurately label a racist like USAR a racist).

You can't because it's not true. So your name-calling isn't even honest.

Is this the best you can offer on this discussion?

^^^^^

that

Some on the right believe that it is a strategy by people on the left to force social programs onto the masses so that they will then all be indebted to the government and will never be able to protest against the programs.

Some of the left claim that is ridiculous.

But exchanges like this make it seem not so ridiculous.

If Herman Cain benefited from AA it's probably not as much as some would hope - since the program was so new when he was going to school and getting started on his career path. But even if he did, he's in as good position as anyone to see its faults and to judge whether it has outlived it's usefulness.

People who have been in government programs and felt what a drag they were for their sense of self-empowerment are in a great position to judge the value of the programs.

Nobody but nobody is disputing that you are entitled to your opinion. That is entirely beside the point.

The point is still that you have been unable (or unwilling) to explain how accepting the benefits of AA (assuming it's even true) somehow makes a "hypocrite" out of Mr. Cain who contends that it is not a valid program at this point.

And show me where my posts include name calling (other than to properly and accurately label a racist like USAR a racist).

What is USAR? Spell it out please. You label it racist.

I'm saying, that Mr Cain is against affirmative action, yet he benefited from it. So, it seems to me the message he gives is, "I got mine, who cares about the rest of you." It is valid to question his motivation since he is running for POTUS of ALL the people.

I am asking questions and stating my opinion, politely.

I've read many of your posts and they are not always free of name calling.

Last edited:

You're entitled to your opinion. You're NOT entitled to state it as fact, or to have other people treat it as such.

If you have nothing but unsubstantiated opinion revolving around insulting the candidate, what makes you think you deserve any response but the same in return?

^^^^^

that

Some on the right believe that it is a strategy by people on the left to force social programs onto the masses so that they will then all be indebted to the government and will never be able to protest against the programs.

If Herman Cain benefited from AA it's probably not as much as some would hope - since the program was so new when he was going to school and getting started on his career path. But even if he did, he's in as good position as anyone to see its faults and to judge whether it has outlived it's usefulness.

People who have been in government programs and felt what a drag they were for their sense of self-empowerment are in a great position to judge the value of the programs.

IMO, the minute anyone starts labelling large groups of people "left" or "right" the thread goes down hill.

I'm saying, that Mr Cain is against affirmative action, yet he benefited from it. So, it seems to me the message he gives is, "I got mine, who cares about the rest of you." It is valid to question his motivation since he is running for POTUS of ALL the people.

I am asking questions and stating my opinion.

Whew. USAR is the author of the OP, USArmyRetired. His OP is the first post in this thread. Check out his avatar. Then ponder whether he is "asking" this so-called "question" for primarily racist reasons.

USAR's would-be "logic" is that blacks need AA to succeed because blacks are inferior and couldn't succeed without the beneficence of programs crafted by guilty white liberals.

You, I have no doubt, harbor no such overtly racist thinking. On the other hand, you HAVE kind of sided with his suppressed set of premises by questioning the Cain accomplishments in the guise of asking whether he is a hypocrite to the extent he may have been a beneficiary of AA.

The message Cain gives is that AA as a social engineering program comes replete with a BUNCH of unexpected and unintended baggage. IF he was a beneficiary of the incipient stages of AA back in his younger days, that doesn't undermine or undercut the validity of his position now. Nor does it make him a hypocrite. Nor does it suggest that he is saying "I got mine, the hell with you."

One can stake out a position on the issue of AA regardless of whether one has ever benefited from it, regardless of one's race and regardless even of whether one has changed one's original point of view.

You are perfectly free to question his motivation in light of the fact that he seeks the Presidency. But the basis for such "questioning" ought to be fair and reasonable. Yours really aren't.

Since this thread started out as a racist tirade, I'm not that inclined to read through the whole thing.

Where has Herman Cain stated his position on Affirmative Action?

^^^^^

that

IMO, the minute anyone starts labelling large groups of people "left" or "right" the thread goes down hill.

Laughable.

If you can't label a mass-protest of lefties as a large group of people on the "left," then you fear labels in a highly irrational manner.

Let the thread run downhill. But it is still true that very few of the OWS crew come from the right.

He benefited from the civil rights movement put together by all those "brainwashed" blacks he talks about.

Too bad he didn't participate.

I am asking questions and stating my opinion.

Whew. USAR is the author of the OP, USArmyRetired. His OP is the first post in this thread. Check out his avatar. Then ponder whether he is "asking" this so-called "question" for primarily racist reasons.

USAR's would-be "logic" is that blacks need AA to succeed because blacks are inferior and couldn't succeed without the beneficence of programs crafted by guilty white liberals.

You, I have no doubt, harbor no such overtly racist thinking. On the other hand, you HAVE kind of sided with his suppressed set of premises by questioning the Cain accomplishments in the guise of asking whether he is a hypocrite to the extent he may have been a beneficiary of AA.

The message Cain gives is that AA as a social engineering program comes replete with a BUNCH of unexpected and unintended baggage. IF he was a beneficiary of the incipient stages of AA back in his younger days, that doesn't undermine or undercut the validity of his position now. Nor does it make him a hypocrite. Nor does it suggest that he is saying "I got mine, the hell with you."

One can stake out a position on the issue of AA regardless of whether one has ever benefited from it, regardless of one's race and regardless even of whether one has changed one's original point of view.

You are perfectly free to question his motivation in light of the fact that he seeks the Presidency. But the basis for such "questioning" ought to be fair and reasonable. Yours really aren't.

Let's see if I get this. YOU call the opening poster a racist, but object to me noticing you name call. Then you continue to name call by saying that white liberals are guilty. I'm a white liberal. I don't feel guilty a bit. I am completely committed to equity in hiring and firing and I do feel that we are not free from racism and discrimination in the US.

Whether you think it is "reasonable or fair" for me to question Mr Cain, I do question him. I don't like him as a candidate.

I'm sharing what I think and feel, and I'm doing so politely. Like it or not.

Further, the idea that I should always back my opinion with facts is bogus. I have wasted a ton of time in the past providing facts to have my opponent completely ignore them. Most people's minds are already made up and no amount of facts will change them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back