A Question on Female Dominance

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
There is a back story to why I created this thread, but I am not going to get into it just now. I am wondering about how attractive men see a dominant woman. There are some questions about traditional roles that we can discuss later, but I am curious about how many men prefer a powerful woman to a submissive woman. I am equally as curious about women's perspective. How many women prefer to be in the dominant role as opposed to the submissive role?

A statement was made on another thread: "If a woman pulls her hair back in a pony tail, puts on some hot lingerie, grabs a crop and says to her man "this is the way it is going to be". Is that the end of the story? Can a man combat that that kind of female dominance?

I am interested in your input.

I missed this too!
You said you were interested in what women think etc. so, here goes.....

I want the man to be dominant. Firm, decisive and instructional (I'm not good at guessing games, but I am GREAT at following instructions.) I'm not a prideful person, so, I don't mind being told what to do. I don't, however, like being mistreated (wrongfully). I like the man to make decisions, so I don't have to :)
If he can cook that is a plus as well! :)

I am definitely attracted to dominant women. I like the challenge of breaking them!

I'm not dominant (anymore) - I used to be (or I guess, I just didn't take crap) - the only way a man could have made me be submissive back then would be with a gun - otherwise "f off"

Dominant in the bedroom and dominant outside of it are two different frontiers. A woman can be assertive in life and still be submissive and defer to her mate. Dominant doesn't mean (as some men like moon and buzz think) use and abuse for ones own satisfaction then take off.

Dominant in the bedroom and dominant outside of it are two different frontiers. A woman can be assertive in life and still be submissive and defer to her mate. Dominant doesn't mean (as some men like moon and buzz think) use and abuse for ones own satisfaction then take off.

It's more about insecurity and need to control someone - otherwise, they feel inadequate...
Bully mentality. Tear someone else down to build yourself up

There is a back story to why I created this thread, but I am not going to get into it just now. I am wondering about how attractive men see a dominant woman. There are some questions about traditional roles that we can discuss later, but I am curious about how many men prefer a powerful woman to a submissive woman. I am equally as curious about women's perspective. How many women prefer to be in the dominant role as opposed to the submissive role?

A statement was made on another thread: "If a woman pulls her hair back in a pony tail, puts on some hot lingerie, grabs a crop and says to her man "this is the way it is going to be". Is that the end of the story? Can a man combat that that kind of female dominance?

I'm an attractive man, and I see dominant women through their dining room windows.

I'm an attractive man, and I see dominant women through their dining room windows.

??? - I must be dense here... what does this mean? You're a peeping Tom?

??? - I must be dense here... what does this mean? You're a peeping Tom?
The OP asked how attractive men see a dominant woman.

Okay, I'm not attractive.

It's more about insecurity and need to control someone - otherwise, they feel inadequate...
Bully mentality. Tear someone else down to build yourself up
There are men (and women) who are control freaks that are so insecure that they need to be in charge of everything in another's life. Apparently that is now an attractive aspect according to readers of 50 Shades of Grey (I have not read the book or seen the movie so I am just going on rumors I have heard) but if one looks at the animal world there are dominant attributes all over the animal kingdom. Most are the male dominating the female or other males as in families of lions, dogs, sea lions etc. but women can dominate men as well. With humans this type of practice should be agreed upon by all parties involved otherwise, in my opinion, it is a mentally abusive situation

Forum List

Back