a question of rep....

I don't get the rep thing. How is it different from the thanks thing?

Rep changes, it is also influenced by how much you participate, number of posts. It's more of an ego stroke than anything, but is also for fun if used correctly and if no one takes it too seriously. For instance, you can neg me for anything you don't like, doesn't faze me, as long as it's not a dozen times for the same reason, in which case I just return the favor. But pos reps are kinda like mini PMs with a little cherry on top. I give mine out for humor more than anything.

Rep changes, it is also influenced by how much you participate, number of posts. It's more of an ego stroke than anything, but is also for fun if used correctly and if no one takes it too seriously. For instance, you can neg me for anything you don't like, doesn't faze me, as long as it's not a dozen times for the same reason, in which case I just return the favor. But pos reps are kinda like mini PMs with a little cherry on top. I give mine out for humor more than anything.

There are some people that have a "no neg rep policy", they wouldn't neg rep you if you shit on their living room carpet at a dinner party. I have a "no pos rep policy", I wouldn't pos rep you if you gave me your winning lotto ticket with a side of ice cream.
Shit, that reminds me, I need to go neg rep that pussy Gunny again.

i would like to request that the rep you are allowed to give out....be upped...seems to me since the board has grown so has the need for more rep.

i would like to thank you in advance considering this humble request..perhaps 5 or 10 more per 24 hours...i am a simple person...

I bet this will surprise you .... no.:lol:

The number of people on the board is irrelevant. You can thank the peope who sit here tit-for-tat-ing each other, running up their rep for that decision. It was at one time, without limits.

You are so mean. No one reps me. :cry:

Wow, Mountain Man is BatBoy. I did not know that.

In retrospect, from what I remember of Batboy's posts, they don't seem like the same person.

I like how Bones tried to use an argument of inflation to increase rep ability, though. The board has become diluted and rep is not worth as much as it once was.

And yet you have managed to avoid repping either one of my dysfunctional personalities.
That's what I like about you, consistency.

Paulie's good in rep............. :smoke:
I'm the ignored senior citizen here abouts. ;)

i would like to request that the rep you are allowed to give out....be upped...seems to me since the board has grown so has the need for more rep.

i would like to thank you in advance considering this humble request..perhaps 5 or 10 more per 24 hours...i am a simple person...

The number of people on the board is irrelevant. You can thank the peope who sit here tit-for-tat-ing each other, running up their rep for that decision. It was at one time, without limits.

You are so mean. No one reps me. :cry:

Yer 307 rep is just a board anomaly.

How about instead of 20 reps in 24 hours, you increase it to 40 reps in 48 hours?

How about instead of 20 reps in 24 hours, you increase it to 40 reps in 48 hours?

Xerox, yer sig line is entirely to busy and sucking up entirely too much internet bandwidth.

Xerox, yer sig line is entirely to busy and sucking up entirely too much internet bandwidth.

I don't know what you are talking about...

Last edited:

Shush you ... it's a lot "cleaner" than his others.

In retrospect, from what I remember of Batboy's posts, they don't seem like the same person.

I like how Bones tried to use an argument of inflation to increase rep ability, though. The board has become diluted and rep is not worth as much as it once was.

And yet you have managed to avoid repping either one of my dysfunctional personalities.
That's what I like about you, consistency.

Paulie's good in rep............. :smoke:
Really?

I'm over 100 points and he never hit me up once, and I have repped him.

And it's even more fun when people DO take it seriously. I have more fun with that.

Step your game up, son. :cool:

Forum List

Back